Thread: Firefox help

Firefox help

I recently went away for a weekend and left my cousin at my house to house sit. I returned from my trip to a ton of shit installed on my computer (I told my cousin he could use my computer to watch Netflix/Hulu or play games while I was gone). I've gone through and uninstalled everything, however one of the programs changed my Firefox a little bit. It used to be when I open a new blank tab it would show a 3 by 3 grid of my most visited websites, now it shows some website that's like a search.conduit.com page that I've never seen before. Anyone know how to change what is shown when you open a new blank tab? I've looked all through the options and I can't seem to find it.

Hmmm, thought I got everything. I also ran my antivirus and AdAware after I uninstalled everything and it didn't pick it up.

Try removing it by following one of the many guides that you can find on Google. Make sure you backup your important data.

I would re-install everything. I don't trust an infected computer. Make sure you backup your important data!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    and tell your cousin he's a total noob

I recommend imaging your system in the future, I use Macrium Reflect (totally free) to image my system to my external HDD. You can do the imaging while running windows, so it's really easy. You need to create a rescue disc in order to image your system from the backup image, you can make it on a cd or usb thumbdrive.

Looks like I actually removed it all successfully but just needed to reset my Firefox settings to default. It appears to be fixed now. Thanks

And yes, my cousin is a total noob, he wont be using my computer anymore.