Computer loses connection from the internet or is very slow.

This pertains to one game in particular. League of Legends. Now I don't know if it is the new patch they released where there are problems with the servers or if it is my computer. Either way, occasionally when I play my FPS will drop down from 60 to anywhere from 50... 39... 12... whatever, it varies. The other issues is that the client is really slow as well and on top of that my internet loses connection sometimes as well. Today in particular, I opened a browser up and it told me that there is no internet connection. None of this happened until this new patch a few days ago. I did the basic stuff, run anti-virus, CCleaner, de-fragmentation, but nothing seems to fix it. I uninstalled the client and re-installed it. It only happens with this game. This computer is about a year and a few months old now. Made it myself brand new, cost about $1600 at that time. I don't know what to do. Any ideas. The game is sometimes unplayable and I don't think it's the game causing this. Why would my internet go out and my computer slow down?

Deleted
    Clean your cpu and gpu heatsinks for the fps side, if not the issue and only occurs in that game then look to the patch or an addon.

The internet connection issue needs proper diagnosis, as could be occuring for any number of reasons, standard Support response would be to restart everything in the connection line inc router. As we have no idea how you connect to the internet it may be best to call your ISP for assistance on that one, having tried to note any pattern in losing connection, such as frequency, time and what you were doing.

edit - you need to differentiate between issues when the LoL client is running and when it isn't. It's unlikely the game client is causing your ethernet card/chip or router to lose connection but it's not beyond possibility and needs ruling out (can other users connect via your router when you cannot?), what do you do to recover connection?
    Last edited by mmoc2991fac950; 2014-02-13 at 02:55 AM.