Need help choosing a PSU.

To start off here is my current build.

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
    i5-3570k OCed to 4.2ghz
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Cooler Master Evo CPU cooler in push/pull setup.
    8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600
    1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

This is my currect PSU link

My pc has been running using that psu for over a year now, but I've been nervous the entire time. It was already a couple of years old when I built my PC last February, but being my first pc build I ended up cutting corners to make it look cooler. Something I will never do again. Luckily it has been perfect with no troubles whatsoever, but I can finally afford to replace it and I need help choosing what to get.

I was thinking either the Corsair HX 750 or the SeaSonic X 750
    Some of the reviews have me a bit nervous about noise or life span and I was hoping to get some feed back or alternate suggestions from you guys.

I know 750w is more than I'll need, but the 650w versions are just a few dollars cheaper and I'd like to get enough to power whatever changes I might make in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think you need a new power supply? While CM isn't my favorite... it supplies more than enough power than your system needs. Has there been any actual problems?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You're right 650w would be plenty (you could get away with less really) but 750w will keep you covered for the future is that's your thing.

I have a HX-850 and while it's served me well it has had some issue's which makes it impossible for me to recommend corsair over seasonic which in my experience is the better brand anyway.

So yeah, between those two i'd say the seasonic is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why do you think you need a new power supply? While CM isn't my favorite... it supplies more than enough power than your system needs. Has there been any actual problems?
    No I haven't had any problems, but it was used and at least 2 years old when I got it. Going on 3 years now and I just don't really feel comfortable with it. I keep expecting it to die any day now. I'll admit I might just be paranoid though.

I'm going to also be adding a SSD and I was just going to upgrade while I had the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    An SSD uses effectively no power. Honestly, I wouldn't bother upgrading. You're not remotely near your limit, and if it's been working fine, it ought to continue doing so.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

What I was worried about originally was this picture. Link

Forgive my utter lack of knowledge, but isn't having 2 12v rails worse than 1. It also seems that it only gets 360w of power, but I could just be reading that wrong. I'll admit I really don't understand those charts at all.

Like you said its worked fine for over a year now, but I just want to make sure I'm not being reckless with my other components.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats... a bit odd, considering the amps doesnt add up. That -is- a bit concerning... Upgrading may be worth while, but really all you'd need is a good 550w (Like XFX, Antec, or Seasonic)