Question WW PvP Professions (Current and WoD)

So, I just got my Monk to 90 several days ago and have been pushing in arena with full Grievous and close to 1800 after only a few 3's games.

I currently have Mining and Herbalism for money whereas my Rogue who used to be my sole main had Mining and Engineering.

I'm trying to think about the changes in WoD to enchants and jewelcrafting and pick the best two professions for PvP/Arena and was thinking about Enchanting/Engineering (Enchanting because I don't think there'll be changes to ring enchatns like there will be to gems and I can make side gold from disenchanting) and Engineering should be a sure bet but it seems all of the top Windwalkers on ArenaMate have Engineering but don't use the glove enchant. Does anyone know why this is? Is the Mastery enchant really better?

tl;dr: What do you think the best professions are while keeping WoD changes in mind? It'd be nice if you at least scanned the whole question though

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have LW and Inscription so I have all professions. Professions don't really matter much for monks IMO, but I reckon PvP-wise engi and tailoring would be best because monks are more or less all about burst, rather than sustained.

Also, engineering tinker stacks with enchants.

As for WoD prof changes, nobody knows for sure yet, but I reckon all professions would stay the same stat-wise in order to balance it all out.

All crafting professions provides same bonus, for gathering i would go skinning for extra crit.
    Go jc or ench if you want to make gold, they are the best prof to have, not only at the begining of the expansion.

Deleted
    For pvp engineering. Its just so much fun.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to min max the best then BS/Engineering is the way to go. BS/JC is almost always a safe bet, either #1 or a close #2. If you don't want to spend the time and gold to level those then any other one will do. Unless you're at the cutting edge of the game you wont' see a huge difference between the professions.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I do LW and Skinning (For the extra crit) but i'm thinking of dropping Skinning for something else. Maybe engineering...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I do LW and Skinning (For the extra crit) but i'm thinking of dropping Skinning for something else. Maybe engineering...
    Skinning isn't terrible right now because it provides crit, compared to the other gathering professions its the best, but nowhere near the level of the crafting professions. Engineering is the best because the agi is on demand so it can be paired with TEB.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch