Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Challenge Modes Going Away

What do you think this effect will have on the challenge mode community?

Do you think people will start a resurgence of wanting to get their challenge mode gear/mount/title? Or will people not care and just ignore it? I would personally like to see a surge of people attempting to get theirs because they are fun and everyone should try it out.

**By going away I mean -- the season ending.

This is the greatest news I've ever heard, seeing as my CM group is currently #2 US and has all of the challenge master titles for our server with almost zero likelyhood anyone can beat the times.

Now we can jack the prices for sales up, looks like we'll be busy with constant sales as WoD approaches.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Yeah, I think for sellers it will be nice. Definitely could charge a little more. I also think for people who want to pug there will be a lot more people interested in it and it may be easier. I am curious to see the effect on my realm. I personally love challenge modes.

Deleted
    Going away, they are not?

Holy cow, I have to level my toons asap.
    Great new indeed as it make help us find client for CM boost (dead server = no client, sadly ) but that also mean I can't wait til forever to get the transmog I still like (like the warlock one), so time to level alts!

It makes sense that they are doing this, just a little surprised that they are actually doing this.

I guess I better hurry and get them finished on my druid.

I'm glad MoP sets won't be obtainable. New secondary stats, higher level and class changes can trivialize the content. Now my Cmode set is even more awesome to boot!

I see a lot of people trying to get it now too, I imagine some people were just going to steamroll it when they hit the next expac level cap. Now they'll have to do it when it is challenging, true to the spirit of challenge modes. So I am really glad they did this.

The blue post stating this has been retracted...but the cat is at least peeking out of the bag.

It's more incentive for me to get a group up for my warrior, at the very least. Love the warrior CM xmog.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...early-warning/

Copy/pasta:

Countless adventurers continue to brave the most trying versions of Mists of Pandaria dungeons, but the clock is ticking. This “season” of Challenge Modes will be coming to an end with the upcoming release of a patch prior to the expansion’s release.

Challenge Modes are designed to offer as close to a “normalized” difficulty as possible, and they’re tuned to be tough to master. With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength. The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward.

If you still need to earn your Undaunted title, Ancestral Phoenix, or class-specific Transmogrification sets, now’s the time to get out there and prove your worth. In Warlords of Draenor, an entirely new set of Challenge Modes will be available . . . and with them an array of new rewards for you to earn. Until then, stay sharp!

Thanks for the post Kazgrel. I was meaning to go back and add that.

there was no way they were gonna cut CM out completely. it is by all accounts the old school of hard mode 5 mans but with extra incentive to do them. yea this is the call to get my warrior/shaman/lock sets before they end.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will be clamoring for 9/9 sales now. I got 9/9 on my Priest and I have no intention of doing that again on my Paladin so I'm just going to have to buy a run. Maybe on my Mage too. What a stupid decision this is by Blizzard. The point of CMs is to have everyone on a level playing field regardless of gear so you'd think that there'd be no reason to take them out.

Deleted
    Kinda strange imo. But i don't care personally, i don't like those armor sets and never even tried those. But getting FoS is great for all e-peen stretchers, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    People will be clamoring for 9/9 sales now. I got 9/9 on my Priest and I have no intention of doing that again on my Paladin so I'm just going to have to buy a run. Maybe on my Mage too. What a stupid decision this is by Blizzard. The point of CMs is to have everyone on a level playing field regardless of gear so you'd think that there'd be no reason to take them out.
    MoP Cmodes were not balanced around the class changes they are doing in WoD or the level 100 talents, or the new secondary stats. It doesn't matter if everyone is balanced to each other, the MoP Cmodes themselves are not balanced for WoD.

It would make the MoP cmodes too easy, and you know. Not challenging, defeating the purpose of Challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope I get to keep all my realm best titles else I'm gonna rage

Should be account wide.. again it feels like if you want to reroll you're gonna suffer in more than one way-.-*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Should be account wide.. again it feels like if you want to reroll you're gonna suffer in more than one way-.-*
    it's obvious that idea is dead considering many pvp rewards suffer the same fate

Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    I really hope I get to keep all my realm best titles else I'm gonna rage
    @stanzillaz @Celestalon @CM_Lore Probably that the last people to hold them keep them forever. I'll update with certain info when able.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...37331247394817

Now I need to get it on my paladin.

A bit odd of a move though from them, they haven't removed much like this recently...

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    it's obvious that idea is dead considering many pvp rewards suffer the same fate
    and with pvp rewards you're reffering to? not that into pvp. like titles or ? lost at pvp subjects
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

thank god i have them with 5 chars.. but probably gonna get the last set for my druid.. you never know.. ^^