Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Recount or Skada?

Pretty simple thread. I've always used recount, but never skada, however these days it would seem most people are using it. I know they both do a good job, but they work slightly differently. What are the differences, what do you use and what do most people use?

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skada is lighter and a bit more accurate I think. Also, I recall Recount handling absorbs weirdly.

Deleted
    Skada uses less resources then Recount, and thus gives you less lagg ( On low end PCS)

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Recount for many, many years. However when I tracked down my FPS issues down to it I immediately switched to Skada and haven't looked back. Skada has the same functionality and a tad more, so I'm sticking to it.

i prefer recounts detail, but not enough to warrant 10mb of addon usage after 2 minutes of boss combat.

Well both of them does the same sub-par job of looking at dps and that stuff but if you want something in-depth have a look at logging sites like http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

recount wasn't tracking monk set bonus so i switched to skada. i like it better anyways as it turns out.

I kinda like Skada more, but when I used it on my alt in our main raid I was just dominating the DPS, and I was like 12th in recount. Haven't used it in years though, perhaps it's fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Skada for a bit because I heard it was easier on resources. I'm sure it is, but I couldn't get accustomed to the interface and stuck with recount.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Nothings stopping you from having both running at the same time. Thats what I do.

I have never been able to use recount in a 25 man raiding situation, on some bosses it made the game lag and go down to 4 fps... and skada allows me to see dps and healing with 2 meters, which is a large plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    Nothings stopping you from having both running at the same time. Thats what I do.
    Bad computers can stop people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    skada allows me to see dps and healing with 2 meters, which is a large plus.
    you can do this with Recount, but yeah - i too made the switch to skada. It's probably a bit better imo.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I kinda like Skada more, but when I used it on my alt in our main raid I was just dominating the DPS, and I was like 12th in recount. Haven't used it in years though, perhaps it's fixed?
    you were most likely looking at dps instead of dmg done.

Skada -> DPS/Effective dpsing time
    Recount-> DPS/fight time

Skada > Recount

Recount tracks more and offers graphs.

Skada uses something like 1/3 rd of the resources though. I used recount for years but traced my FPS on pulls issues to Recount and swapped to Skada and haven't looked back.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Skada is god tier.

Recount graphs are fucking useless, and I've seen it report numbers that are different to logs, by 10,000's.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Skada easily.

I've gone back and forth a few times. Recount always ends up causing some wierd fps issue somewhere or another, regardless of my beast pc. Skada performs exactly how it should, all the time. And the best part: Skada lets you have multiple windows up! So you can have healing and dmg up at the same time. I actually keep a third up as well: dmg taken. Will never go back to recount.