Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've noticed a number of guilds suddenly showing normal mode progression on my server. Progression is still occurring.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    I just wanna say. I hate you, and I'm not just saying that. I have legitimate hated in my heart for you and everyone like you. Go play something else then, seriously. You and all your complaining kind need to go the away. You have destroyed this game and the genre in general, turning it into what it is today, "fast food" content. I swear your inability to keep yourself entertained is getting old and ruins the good this game has. Go play the thousands of games on steam, I'm sure you can play each one for 20 min get bored and complain anyways, but at least it won't ruin Warcraft.

To the developers. Please take your time... make the expansion right. Build a compelling story with well done scripts and graphics that live up to the Blizzard name. Take every moment you have to, to make this game all I can be. Some of us are patient and willing to wait for something good.

Nothing good is ever easy or quick ....
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    We all knew deep down that SoO wouldn't be anything less than 9 months looking at DS and ICC. But imo if you haven't completed SoO heroic then you have no right to complain about not enough content or no new content as you haven't completed everything the game has to currently offer you.

Blizzard doesn't produce content on the basis of how fast LFR / flex is consumed if you get bored with these do normal / heroic, if you've got heroic SoO on farm then you have a right to want new content.

Same if you buy a console game if you don;t complete the hardest mode you haven't truly finished the game.
    I disagree. If familiarity makes content no longer compelling, you're finished with it. This difficulty bullshit has nothing to do with it.

If I finish the last of us on normal because I fucking hate the mechanics and playing it on hard makes me want to eviscerate my foreskin, it doesn't mean I haven't finished the game. I have. I finished what was interesting to me and left what wasn't.

The same is true for WoW - there are people for whom normal difficulty is challenging enough. When they finish that, they are done. If they aren't able to perform well enough for heroics, nor any desire to repeat the content, they are done.

However, moaning about it won't do any good. As is said time and again in this thread. Drop your sub when there is nothing more for you to do. Just don't let someone say that not getting a heroic Garrosh kill means you haven't finished the content. As long as you have finished what is relevant for you, you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    Yeah, it sucks. But what're you gonna do? Blizzard development is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Expensive?

I have roughly (rounded down) 1200 days (28,800 hours) played on my account over the past 8ish years with no break in subs. This equates to:

$220ish spent on Vanilla + expansions and 102 months of subscription totaling $1,528 for a total of approximately $1,748. This comes out to $0.061 cents an hour.

Take any typical 10 hour game these days for 59.99 and you get $5.99 an hour.

Let's be generous and say you put 100 hours in to Skyrim completing all its bells and whistles for funzies. $0.59 an hour.

WoW is frankly one of the absolute least expensive games to play that there are for the amount of content available. A normal employed human can stay subbed to this game forever and never ever feel it for this kind of efficiency.
    What is this Logic in a thread about complaining? ... $15 dollars a month, less if you pay more at a time. And I can honestly say. 90 hours a month or more is a small estimate for most. People are paying maybe 15 cents an hour. I pay more to park my car in a city. And I don't even enjoy that.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    working on heroic thok just like every other guild out there. Progression still going on so im glad nothing new is on the horizon atm.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    playing it on hard makes me want to eviscerate my foreskin
    Your foreskin has viscera??

Wow. You should, like, present yourself at a research university or something. They'd want to see this.

08.08.2014 WoD release date , yes you heard it here first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've noticed a number of guilds suddenly showing normal mode progression on my server. Progression is still occurring.
    And still no Heroic Garrosh kill on Argent Dawn EU. So, I can second that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually it's not extreme. They are spending time to develop and perfect the amount of content that most people consider acceptable. Either they rush the product, which results in the same group of people complaining that it's not coming fast enough then complaining that it was rushed and sucks. The point was entirely valid. You can't please some people. It's never been more true than it is on the internet. So essentially you are ignoring the point that was presented in favor of cherry picking a snippet as a platform for derisive attitude. To use your words, "It's not helpful".".
    No, I'm not; I'm not ignoring the point or cherry picking a snippet in order to be derisive. Quite the opposite actually. I'm arguing against boiling a more complex topic down into two polar opposites, and here you are trying to force it in exactly that direction. Why?

Nobody is arguing (at least nobody sensible) that they should rush the product out full of bugs and have the first month of the expansion broken because they didn't fix anything. Beta is a vital part of the product cycle at this time, and nobody should be arguing that it isn't. What I'm saying, which looking back was very clear in my post, is that it's not one or the other. We're not talking about a product taking a year OR it being full of bugs. It's nonsensical to suggest that those are the sole options.

Look at it like this:

Greg Street was pretty clear after BlizzCon when he said that they felt further along in development with WoD than they did comparatively with MoP after its announcement. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) it was four months after BlizzCon '11 when the MoP beta came out, and we're still not looking as if that's going to happen with WoD. Clearly, I could be proven wrong in the next month but we'll have to wait and see. Given this information, it's hard to establish exactly why we've heard nothing about beta yet and, in fact, we've ended up with an extra PvP season that was supposedly unplanned and that nobody really wanted.

Let's hastily marry this up with the fact that the Blizzard team is now apparently bigger than it's ever been for World of Warcraft, presumably including the QA staff required to sort the product out and squash bugs, and it's perfectly reasonable to ask why we're (again) looking at a year of the final tier when there doesn't seem to be a need for it.

Now clearly, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. The new art for models and garrisons, including the new zones and dungeons, will take up the majority of the time. Maybe that's what Street meant when he said the designers were further along - that the designers were further along, but the art assets weren't. But even if that was true, it shouldn't stop an early beta which always goes through multiple builds before release, anyway, and would allow the software engineers an early start at testing the content and fixing the bugs.

This is what the OP was talking about. Surely there are ways to keep the ball rolling so that we don't have to wait a year for Warlords, especially when it's not as if it's launching with the same plethora of content and features that MoP did. Under this auspice, saying "it takes a year or it'll be broken" is entirely unhelpful as I implied earlier. There's no doubt the individual I quoted has a point and that the self-same people who complain about a product taking ages would complain about it should it be released broken; this is the Internet, and malcontents abound.

But mature discussions don't get boiled down to picking one of two options. Hopefully, that's now clearer to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    I just wanna say. I hate you, and I'm not just saying that.
    What is the point in being so spiteful?

I don't hate you, but I hate your attitude. It's why the Internet at large, and this forum in particular, has such significant problems with its community.

I still firmly believe that the beta is imminent and could drop any day. The pre-orders could and probably will, come even sooner. They don't have to have anything working in the pre-order except the new mount, pet, and the free boost to 90. We will probably get all that when 5.4.7 goes live and the pre-order will become available.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

You realize you don't have to keep playing, right?

Take a break until you hear about the beta, then it will feel like a new game to you. Plus, I don't think 95% of the game's player base has finished the content, so, why rush things?

I still need a Garrosh mount, but I'm taking these really light raiding weeks as a way to get off the computer, I don't know about you guys.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2014-02-14 at 05:44 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Maybe just maybe are blizzard much further into WOD development than we actually think? Maybe they want us to have all the zones in beta at launch! ;p instead of fucking 1 zone... please stop complaining :P

Deleted
    I still find SoO farm amusing....I am fine to wait till autumn for WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Exactly, sub numbers dropping would actually be the best thing for this game right now. People enable blizzard by staying subbed with no new content.
    Enable them to keep the game in a state I enjoy? I actually WANT time to kill H Garrosh...

Im burnt out. 4 toons, ran LFR, Flex, and Normal. I'm sooo ready for WoD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    Nobody is arguing (at least nobody sensible) that they should rush the product out full of bugs and have the first month of the expansion broken because they didn't fix anything.
    You should know that I read the rest of your post, but what you're trying to say doesn't match your actual words so I'm going to use this bit of misunderstanding to show you why you are doing what I called you out on. The person you quoted never said that people are asking the product to be rushed and full of bugs. That's idiotic. You don't need to tell me that no one is arguing that, because no one is arguing that.

So then I have to wonder why you would even need to mention it unless you are trying to avoid the actual meaning of the first person you quoted. That is to say, people who are vocally complaining that it is taking too long will likely be the same people complaining about anything that could be attributed to a rushed product. It's such a simple point to understand, I really wonder why you keep taking it to an extreme (and making up things that no one is saying) to avoid admitting the simple truth. People complaining now would complain if it was made faster and as a result negative consequences occurred. Additionally, the people complaining now will likely still complain whenever it is released for the same things.

So with the fact that you don't have to continue paying a subscription until the expansion is released and the likely event that people are never satisfied, I am left to conclude you are simply trying to harp from a lofty aerie about how bad Blizzard is. Instead of conceding that people are going to complain whether they go fast or slow and learning the easy life lesson that patience is a virtue. The game will come out when it's done. Until then no one is being forced to do anything but wait. If waiting is too good for you or any others, you have a lot of growing as a human being to do and certainly a subscription you could cancel. But by all means, continue being derisive and condescending as if it will somehow make you right. In the end it just serves to prove my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfly View Post
    Im burnt out. 4 toons, ran LFR, Flex, and Normal. I'm sooo ready for WoD
    Try another MMO for a while. Try Steam games. Try tabletops. Try TV. Try exercise, religion...become an equestrian. Build a robot. Learn another language. Idk. There's lots of stuff out there. I'm ready for WoD too(in a way), so don't take this as me insulting you if you are just genuinely eager. I'm being serious that if you are bored, but love the game, just take a little time away and you'll be glad you did. No point forcing yourself to pay and play through something you don't want to do anymore.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excesskek View Post
    08.08.2014 WoD release date , yes you heard it here first
    You're optimistic, I'm saying 8/22/14
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I tend to wonder how much less complaining there would have been about LFR if they had release it 1 raid wing behind normal/heroic mode? One of their main reasons for not doing this was because they felt there wouldn't be enough time at the end of MoP to release the last wing of LFR before the start of the next expansion. Oh the irony.