Thread: Catch up Time

Catch up Time

I posted a while ago whether or not if you guys liked playing your monk.

I hit 90 and just finished my legendary cloak ~10 minutes ago. Now my question is, what spec to play.

I've been a raid leading DPS for my entire career of WoW. I'm sitting back now doing whatever our new raid lead delegates.
    For mythic mode, I have free reign on what spec I want to play. Currently I'm 550 in WW, 540 in MW and 520~ BrM (540 if I mix WW gear into it).
    I really like brewmaster for soloing everything, I don't know what changes are happening for soloing in WoD but I'd like to be able to keep trying for transmog. I never understood how people could play MW for leveling besides with a buddy or in instances, so I wouldn't know what to do in that aspect.

For those of you who raid endgame; What spec do you play and why? Do you see yourself playing that spec in the future?

Gear isn't an issue. I'm just trying to figure out what's best for me long term.

++
    I hate having to manage other people's debuffs (For taunting i.e). I don't mind it as a healer so much because I wouldn't be the only person dispeling/taking care of it.

Hi

Well of course if you have a preference between dps, tanking or healing, that would probably apply first.

Concerning soloing, I think MW rocks for soloing. Compared to some other healing specs, I don't switch for dailies, I can kill H. LK 25, the only time I go WW is like, Thorim (I like to use FSK, you have to move quickly) and Vezax (you don't regain mana, so if you're doing hard mode it's better to be WW), I mean you can fail on firefighter and hit enrage and he still can't kill you so... it's absolutely great for solo play - that may hold true for other specs too, I'm not sure.

Additionally in raids it's one of the most flexible healing classes, you can be full heals or 75% heals + 75% dps in some fights, ready to flip back to healing when a burst is needed. I think it's a great clutch healing class, you can save a wipe with a well timed revival or healing sphere spam or just pump mana through uplift, overhealing is always high but when the chips are down, that overhealing turns into wipe resistance. End tier talents are all very useful. Being considered a melee lets you ignore some mechanics and survivability is extremely high. I've topped dps and heals in the same fight in LFR (sha of pride, ok i guess that's ironic) and while that's probably more a statement of bad LFR play it's still quite unique among all classes/specs, even disc priests can't do that.

So yeah, only thing I have to add is lets all hope they don't screw it up too badly in WoD

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Deleted
    Well, I play MW and WW in pvp, BrM when solo'ing difficult stuff and WW mainspec for PvE. I always tend to go for DPS because I just like big numbers I'd say play what you enjoy most.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did you just hit 90 and get your legendary Cloak w/o knowing what spec to play. Getting the legendary takes weeks to complete.

If you enjoy DPS more then stay DPS. WW is a lot of fun to play.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Id say stay dps, it's in a good spot now and it will be in wod most likely as you're the melee with the most mobility, as for tanking, it takes alot of practice, and some ppls just can't do it, as for MW (me being one) it's a fun class to play and it's easy at the beginning but in my oppinion it's the hardest healing spec to master, we have only 1 raid cd and that it's on a 3 min cd and doesnt heal as good as it used to, no im not going to mention thundering mana tea because it's a joke as a cd. , in this patch mw can only top fights like iron jugg, malkorok, thok, even if mw is my main and i love it, in wod i will be changing my main

WW is fun to play, but just lacks in power. We have no burst or that much raid utility. Good things we have going are strong self CDs, soaking ability, best (melee)cleave in the game and best movement.

Monk is a very complex class with a lot of mechanics that a large amount of Monks don't understand properly.