Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Quick question about Voldrethar in Ulduar 25!

Hello, need some help quick:

Wowiki: 'This item drops from General Vezax in 25-man version of Ulduar on Hard Mode.'

WoWhead: 'This item only drops in Normal 25 mode.'

Which source is correct?

I've been doing it in normal for 4 weeks and it hasn't dropped :s

Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post

Wowiki: 'This item drops from General Vezax in 25-man version of Ulduar on Hard Mode.'

Which source is correct?

Was there not a period where 25 man raids were called heroic? Like Naxx + Ulduar. Then with ToGC and the 4 difficulties they decided that "hard mode" would be a toggle difficulty and called it "heroic mode"

As to the item you're asking about, I don't know if letting the Saronite Anima or w/e it is to form and then killing it and Vezax had a seperate loot table, if it did, its probably referring to that, if it doesn't my guess is the heroic bit is just the old way of saying "25 man" and the anotations are getting jumbled up.

EDIT: 239 iLvl yup its "hard mode only" loot so you have to allow the saronite animus to form, kill it then kill Vezax. Its not called saronite animus I'm remembering it wrong but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-02-21 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It's 25 Heroic only. You have to remember, there's no way for Wowhead to tell if the instance is heroic, since that fight's heroic mode is triggered by mechanics, rather than an interface toggle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Was there not a period where 25 man raids were called heroic? Like Naxx + Ulduar. Then with ToGC and the 4 difficulties they decided that "hard mode" would be a toggle difficulty and called it "heroic mode"
    For vezax you need to do a certain something for it to enter hardmode. Regardless, it's on 25 man.

I just need to know if I should do the special thing and then kill it in hard mode or not do it and kill it in normal.

Hard mode if my memory serves me right.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

There is no heroic mode for Ulduar. There is however a way to activate "hard modes" for fights, and this activation made it the equivalent of heroic. Heroic raids were added a tier later.

For vezax you need to do a certain something for it to enter hardmode. Regardless, it's on 25 man.

I just need to know if I should do the special thing and then kill it in hard mode or not do it and kill it in normal.
    Well then my post should help.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Which source is correct?

Both sources are correct. The item drops from General Vezax in 25-man normal, however you must trigger the hard mode mechanic.
    To trigger the hard mode for General Vezax you must avoid killing any Saronite Vapors and you cannot kill General Vezax before you have defeated the Saronite Animus that will spawn later in the fight if you havn't destroyed any Saronite Vapors. After you've defeated the Saronite Animus just kill General Vezax and you'll recieve hard mode loot.

Deleted
    Oh well, didn't drop. At least now I know to do it in hardmode. No more wasted weeks.

Be aware that if you are a mana user you're not likely going to be able to solo it, because you will completely run out of mana with no way of getting any back.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Be aware that if you are a mana user you're not likely going to be able to solo it, because you will completely run out of mana with no way of getting any back.
    Challenge: Solo this boss as an destruction warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Was easy enough on normal, hardmode however I didn't manage.. (didn't try too hard though..)

Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Already did (bring a wand )

For future reference, there's a very easy way to figure out if an item comes from hard-mode or not: The item level. Voldrethar is ilvl 239, which means that it comes from 25-man hard mode.

226-232 means it's either 25 normal or 10 man heroic.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Already did (bring a wand )
    Do the purple patches not redux the cost of spells by 75% anymore or is that still not enough?

Do the purple patches not redux the cost of spells by 75% anymore or is that still not enough?
    No patches on Hard Mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    No patches on Hard Mode.
    The shadows the boss throws are a part of both Normal Mode and Hard Mode(and they drop a black puddle on the ground when they collapse) and they do work on the hardmode version. Its not the green puddle from the flying clouds :P

It's not really enough, especially for a Destruction Warlock.

No patches on Hard Mode.
    umm, he still uses shadow crash on hard mode <.<

No patches on Hard Mode.
    lol wrong.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu