Character Transfer - what race would you choose?

Hello!

I am considering transferring my main of 7 years to another realm and doing a faction change in the process, as my old guild is almost dead quiet and i have found a new guild.

I have played that night elf warrior since 2007 now and I`m a bit worried, because I`m the kind who cares about the look of his characters.

What horde race would you change a night elf to?
    Should I just go with the blood elf?

I really do not care about the racials, but more about the looks and the "feel" of the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female Orc is honestly the best looking race on horde side. Blood elf males are gross and females are WAYYY to tiny. Orc females have one of the better postures, the best proportions, and the best gear scaling. Female orcs are very comparable to human males as far as size/shape and in huge way the gear sits on them.

Make a level one of every race/gender combo and see if the animations/model (use atlastloot or similar to view gear on models) are pleasing to you.

Personal recommendation is female Orc or female Undead, I quite like the fem Orcs animations and I like the fem UDs in general. I'd try to stay away from Tauren (some doors still won't let you enter without dismounting, which can be annoying) and male Orc/UD for their hunched backs. I can tolerate the hunch on the Trolls and UDs, but can't seem to do it on Orcs.

The only real way is to see for yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Female Orc is honestly the best looking race on horde side. Blood elf males are gross and females are WAYYY to tiny. Orc females have one of the better postures, the best proportions, and the best gear scaling. Female orcs are very comparable to human males as far as size/shape and in huge way the gear sits on them.
    Have to agree with this. On a sidenote: Most Warrior sets do really look fitting for Orc Warriors even though I don't like their models personally. Could be worth checking them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Orc female is definitely a solid choice. I also really enjoy Trolls in plate, particularly the males, and their 2-hand attack animations really fit their whole tribal theme. I think the troll animations are a little close to the Night Elf animations, and they're a similar height. Obviously there are horns, a hunch and troll feet to get over, but they might be an easier race to feel comfortable with after playing a Nelf for so long.

You'll likely never get a similar feeling from playing a Horde race that you do from a Night Elf male. Troll is too rubber-bandy, Orc is too bulky and slouched like they have a bone disease, Tauren has a cow-face (and those are gross irl, trust me), Undead are heavily decayed and Blood Elf is very "I'm standing at attention, someone's inspecting my barracks, oh god is my uniform on straight where's my rifle?!" compared to the Night Elves' "I have good posture but I look so damn skinny" model.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    If you've played for 7 years as a Night Elf and you like that look and theme, then Blood Elf is the closest thing. If you want to try something new, orcs fit the warrior class better than anyone.

Jumping on the "female orc" bandwagon. Probably because I have one on my currently inactive account.

I second this. I really hated female orcs at first, and while the male orc holds the savagery that comes with being a warrior, it can be a bit over the top, mainly with the hunched back making them look kinda 'dumb'.
    The female orc holds the same amount of savagery yet they know their shit on the battlefield rather than mindlessly charging in ... and their aesthetics are amazing.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    I'm going race change my Female Worgen, Female Dwarf (I'm not happy with the new model) and probably Male Pandaren, not sure for what yet, need to see the rest of new models

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Orc Warrior, the definition of badass. Gear looks sick on them as well.

Well Orc and Undead males are my favourite races, but you might not like them. Honestly no one can tell you what you're going to like since it's all subjective. Best I can tell you is to download Atlas Loot or some other addon to let you view models and check out armor on the races you'd be interested in. You could also just use wowheads model viewer if you don't want to download any addons.

Though new models are coming out so you may like or dislike something about a race after them. Animations won't change a whole lot just becoming more smooth/updated but they're still generally the same from what I could tell so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    Hello!

I am considering transferring my main of 7 years to another realm and doing a faction change in the process, as my old guild is almost dead quiet and i have found a new guild.

I have played that night elf warrior since 2007 now and I`m a bit worried, because I`m the kind who cares about the look of his characters.

I really do not care about the racials, but more about the looks and the "feel" of the character.
    never play blood elf....
    Orc or Tauren for warrior imo

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Male Pandaren..
    Then wear pink judgement set and annoy the hell out of everyone

Works for my warr XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I'd say most gear looks the best on blood elf female, BECAUSE they are small.
    No more shoulders sticking 2 miles out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Make a level one of every race/gender combo and see if the animations/model (use atlastloot or similar to view gear on models) are pleasing to you.
    Another option is to use wowhead's view in 3d
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    Hello!

Knight elves in plate have a very distinct feel. If we're talking after 6.0 i'd suggest orcs (big shoulders, iconically "horde") Trolls or Belves. The later two will would be closer to what you're used to. My only issue with trols or belves right now is they have wierd model issues that bother the hell out of me personally.

If you're talking right now: Orc, Goblin or Belf. Model(left shoulder, you'll see) issue aide, blood elves do wear plate really well. Orcs are just badasses and the feel of an orc warrior is great. Goblins take some getting used to, especially if you were a tall class before, but they also have a great feel.

Edit: As others have suggested, make an alt to get the feel down. I'd suggest a death knight actually, since you get the plate and weapon feel pretty quickly on them with less random level 1 cloth. It'll be faster to get accustomed to the visuals that way.