Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The Aurora shooter wasn't religiously motivated while the Tsarnaev brothers acted in the name of Islam. There is a huge difference between them and If you cant grasp that I am afraid that no further explanations will be enough for you.
    Religoulsy motivated or not, the actions of select individuals do not define an entire group. If you can't grasp that then you have a lot to learn about humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Well seeing as America has already become a police state, and doesn't even respect their own citizens, how do you think a group of pakistani protesters (in their eyes terrorists) will do in Washington DC
    Why don't you talk to somebody from, for example, the old East Germany, to find out what a police state ACTUALLY is.

Deleted
    Who's actually governing who? Because I tend to think that the real American power comes from the Pentagon and not from the white house/congress

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Why don't you talk to somebody from, for example, the old East Germany, to find out what a police state ACTUALLY is.
    Part of my family lived there so i know how it is. And yes, you're correct. Is the US comparable to the soviet union? Hell no. Atleast not yet. The fact they implemented martial law pretty much made the foundations for a police state. If they think your acts are 'Terroristic' then you won't get a trial. They can lock you up, no questions asked.

http://news.yahoo.com/merkel-holland...1--sector.html

Merkel said in her weekly podcast she disapproved of companies like Google and Facebook basing their operations in countries with low safeguards on data protection while being active in countries like Germany with high data protection.

"We'll talk with France about how we can maintain a high level of data protection," Merkel said before her visit to Paris on Wednesday.

"Above all, we'll talk about European providers that offer security for our citizens, so that one shouldn't have to send emails and other information across the Atlantic. Rather one could build up a communication network inside Europe."

Government snooping is a particularly sensitive subject in Germany due to the heavy surveillance of citizens practiced in the Communist East Germany and under Hitler. The country was shocked by reports of NSA surveillance in Germany, based on information from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
    The people with first hand experience with police states want to stop the US from infringing the rights of their citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US is under martial law?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The US is under martial law?
    Just a moment will search for the name of the bill. Was implemented after 9/11

Part of my family lived there so i know how it is. And yes, you're correct. Is the US comparable to the soviet union? Hell no. Atleast not yet. The fact they implemented martial law pretty much made the foundations for a police state. If they think your acts are 'Terroristic' then you won't get a trial. They can lock you up, no questions asked.
    The US declared martial law? When?

The Canadian government has "considered" using Aerial drones here in Canada. They are undecided as of yet as to their stance on employing them at home.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Deleted
    The US declared martial law? When?
    First of all, they wouldn't call it martial law. Seems a bit obvious doesn't it. I'm still searching for the bill (i'm at work so have to help some guests now and then).

What i do know that just before the syria confention of 2013, Obama extended the Emergency state. Which is quite proposterous.

I'll keep searching EDIT: I think it's the patriot act, but wiki isn't a good source so not gonna post that. Let me find something more credible.
    Last edited by mmocbbaceb7f52; 2014-02-15 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plat0nic View Post
    The Canadian government has "considered" using Aerial drones here in Canada. They are undecided as of yet as to their stance on employing them at home.
    What is the difference between drones and helicopters?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    One you can call an aerial screw, and that is just damn sexy.

Edit: drones in general could be very helpful, you know when you are not totally fixated on the military applications.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

In that they are both used for aerial surveillance they are the same. In that drones give room to far more surveillance capability I am not excited about. Helicopters are usually used when a crime is commited and most commonly is metropolitan areas. I am against Big Brother and this means that our over-reaching government who already has an agenda to discreetly collect data on every many and woman regardless of whether they agree are now poising to get aerial surveillance as well as the massive amounts of cameras they already have at street corners and buildings. I do not understand how people can feel ok with giving the government this kind of power. What world are we living in where things are so dangerous that we need to empower our "governments" to watch EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous, we are going the wrong direction as a society in my opinion. Completely wrong direction. I think gun guys are half nutter but with Big Brother getting bigger and bigger meanwhile our individual rights such as the right to put anything in our body are being policed by a government I found myself crossing over to the gun camp in the past year. Yes we do have the right to bear arms when we have a government who wants to know everything about everyone and try and impose laws that have nothing to do with morality. Our governments are becoming strongarms for the Corporatocracy/Bankers. The environment is being pillaged at will and in Canada our Prime Minster is running rampant over Environmentalists and Scientists while giving Corporations a pass to do what they will. There are talks of "eco-terrorists" and Stephen Harper is trying to pass a bill that will give him the power to revoke citizenship on the basis of "terrorism".
    In the name of counter-terrorism, the government is going to create terrorists.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...se_walkom.html

http://marksw.blog.yorku.ca/2012/04/...s-environment/
    Last edited by plat0nic; 2014-02-15 at 05:00 PM.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Deleted
    Helicopters are more spectacular when they crash!

Seems like trying to stretch here to bash U.S.A while i don't care if you do. Your right too i will say one thing..... Marmalade
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Well seeing as America has already become a police state, and doesn't even respect their own citizens, how do you think a group of pakistani protesters (in their eyes terrorists) will do in Washington DC
    if USA is a police state then all other countries will follow suit - after all USA leads in everything in this crap world.

- - - Updated - - -

dude hes from netherlands, he has little knowledge of the real world and how it operates... living in that utopian bubble countries like USA created for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    if USA is a police state then all other countries will follow suit - after all USA leads in everything in this crap world.
    Not in primary education, not in access to healthcare, not in customer protection. I like the US, wouldnt live anywhere else, but to say we're the greatest in everything just smacks of arrogance.

First of all, they wouldn't call it martial law. Seems a bit obvious doesn't it. I'm still searching for the bill (i'm at work so have to help some guests now and then).

What i do know that just before the syria confention of 2013, Obama extended the Emergency state. Which is quite proposterous.

I'll keep searching EDIT: I think it's the patriot act, but wiki isn't a good source so not gonna post that. Let me find something more credible.
    you been lied too... much like most of your life. problem is you believe everything you read on the internet without fully vetting it yourself... do that and you wont look like such a fool.

Holy shit how did i miss this.

U.S is far from a Police state other wise youd be dead right now. In fact this entire site wouldn't exist in U.S because of all the people over using the word Police State thinking they know what a Police state is.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Im ok with this. Pew pew bad guys and anyone willing to stand by them be it willfully or by ignorance.