Deleted

6.0 gear change - abolition of hit and Shadow gear

I've got a question - we know that when 6.0 comes all Hit and Expertise on all items are going to be converted into DPS ratings since hit as a statistic is going to disappear. What of the spirit gear majority of SPriests use, though? In WoD spirit armour will no longer exist, but nothing suggests spirit armour pieces will be modified in 6.0.

Will we(along with other hybrid casters) receive some sort of band-aid passive or talent converting spirit into combat ratings? Or will we be stuck with half(or more) our gear suddenly useless?

Deleted
    afaik the plan for spirit is only to be available on jewelry in WoD, which would suggest that when that stats overhaul happens spirit on nonjewelry items will turn into something else (hopefully useful :P). I'm unsure what will happen to spirit currently on jewelry, I'd imagine most priest out there are using one of the spirit rings at least from this tier, and considering our BiS neck is currently haste+spirit I'm not sure. Either way at most it'll be 3 items - maybe try and grab nonspirit version in the time we have ^^

From what I've seen devs say on twitter, any item that's a cape, ring, neck, or trinket will retain any spirit. Weapons/Offhands might keep spirit. Anything else with spirit or anything with hit will be converted to crit/mastery/haste. I'd assume the conversion would be to to even out the drops. So we already have a haste/mastery ring, thus the haste/hit ring will get crit. There's only a hit/haste, and a hit/mastery neck... so there's quite a few options there.

If you've got a weapon with spirit, you may want to pick up something like the Sha, Siegecrafter, or Heirloom staves, as most of the 1 handers have spirit.

Spirit on your armor pieces will become some other stat (haste, mastery, crit). Spirit on rings/necks/etc. is unclear, my guess is they will remain spirit and just be bad for shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they might well just keep it the same and leave it as is. Looking at older gear we see that elemental resistances, armor peneration and mp5 gains are still around, even though they themselves as stats no longer appear on gear. So I can't see it being any different for spirit, hit, expertise, dodge and parry.

Besides, for most players, they'll be replacing their gear with quest greens and dungeon pieces the second they step into Draenor. For everyone else, the point where the stat gain from new gear surpasses the stats on the gear they already have (pretty much everyone, except maybe healers) is just going to happen a little sooner in the expansion than usual.

If it really matters, just start stocking up on crit/haste, mastery/crit and mastery/haste pieces. No wasted stats there.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I think they might well just keep it the same and leave it as is. Looking at older gear we see that elemental resistances, armor peneration and mp5 gains are still around, even though they themselves as stats no longer appear on gear. So I can't see it being any different for spirit, hit, expertise, dodge and parry.
    This is wrong. Resistances still appear because they were never removed, just made irrelevant in progression. ArP was removed completely, even the old enchants and gems that used to provide it have crit now. Mp5 was replaced with spirit everywhere. When old stats are removed they are removed.

This means Hit and Exp will be changed into different stats - however Spirit will stay as a statistic in the game. In WoD it will no longer be allotted to armour pieces and jewellery will have enough of it to provide healers with enough regen - but that's in the future, when 6.0 hits odds are old spirit pieces will stay as they were. Healers will still need their spirit, after all - so unless some drastic change to regen mechanics will be introduced as well they'd get buttfucked over having 0 spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Besides, for most players, they'll be replacing their gear with quest greens and dungeon pieces the second they step into Draenor. For everyone else, the point where the stat gain from new gear surpasses the stats on the gear they already have (pretty much everyone, except maybe healers) is just going to happen a little sooner in the expansion than usual.

If it really matters, just start stocking up on crit/haste, mastery/crit and mastery/haste pieces. No wasted stats there.
    We will have at least a month between 6.0 and WoD. It's not irrelevant time, it'd suck to have half my gear made useless for that period, forcibly making me quit raiding in that time.

They're actually going to be bringing SoO over into the new raid style... and with that change is also supposed to come the item squish. So expect to raid SoO for a couple months while Beta finishes. I think its a pretty smart move tbh. Lets us get used to the lower numbers before the xpack actually hits so the whole shock is somewhat smaller.