Thread: Why Bladestorm?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I knew it! Another reason to keep using my fav spell.Although I was using it back when it definitely wasn't better for st :P
    All you do is pad!

L2 BS less.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    All you do is pad!

L2 BS less.
    Lies and Slander.

And that is blasphemy.

It seems simc has been updated with the new bladestorm action list. Have there been any other changes since the dps jump seems very high compared to last version.

Deleted
    So some questions about bladestorm single target, I just use it after CS cycle like BT>tick>tick>tick>tick >cancelaura BT > normal rotation? and is it only viable with 2 WF weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    So some questions about bladestorm single target, I just use it after CS cycle like BT>tick>tick>tick>tick >cancelaura BT > normal rotation? and is it only viable with 2 WF weapons?
    Pretty much after CS use BT then Bladestorm until Enrage ends, don't need to try to count ticks, when Enrage ends, cancel and BT. BT may have been delayed by ~1.5s thats fine.
    Works with all gear setups.

It works with all gear setups, but it's not optimal with all gear setups. Low crit levels (<25-30%), SMF, and low ilevel (-30+ in comparison) weapons in comparison to your average ilevel can all make dragon roar a better choice on single target.

Was it not a dps increase to cancel when bt cd is up instead of enrage ending?

Deleted
    A little bit off topic, but for Paragons how does Bladestorm fare against Shockwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Was it not a dps increase to cancel when bt cd is up instead of enrage ending?
    It's about enrage, not BT. Done normally (no BzR) BT will get pushed back 1gcd which is find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    A little bit off topic, but for Paragons how does Bladestorm fare against Shockwave?
    Shockwave is garbage in every regard for dps. With or without CDR, it's been brought up and shot down many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    Uses too many globals to be competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Uses too many globals to be competitive.
    Shockwave, that is.

Deleted
    Just tried it on IJ, My old personal record with tricks was 452k and without tricks 438k. now without tricks and with bladestorm its 457k!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3048&e=3263

Still lacking dem wf weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Just tried it on IJ, My old personal record with tricks was 452k and without tricks 438k. now without tricks and with bladestorm its 457k!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3048&e=3263

Still lacking dem wf weapons
    Really there's a whole slew of variables that could effect that, so it's my a clear indication, but Grats nonetheless!

Anyone with à good macro for canceling Bladestorm at 4 ticks?

Just cancel Bladestorm when your Enrage has run out.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Anyone with à good macro for canceling Bladestorm at 4 ticks?
    I use a big ass TellMeWhen bar in the middle of my screen and when its at 2 seconds or my enrage is out i just cancel it.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cancelaura bladestorm.

I have it keybound to my charge/intervene macro.

Anyone mind telling me what a cancelaura is? :P
    I've never been that good with macros and such. And if you could show me an example of it, it would be great!

Cancelaura basically just cancels a buff you have on you, just as if you right clicked away the buff. The Bladestorm cancelaura macro tied to Charge as mentioned above would be like this:

#showtooltip charge
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /cast charge

I prefer to use it on Mortal Strike or Bloodthirst instead of Charge, but that's just personal taste I suppose.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08