View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I'll be honest the goblins driving around and shit did kinda bug me, it went steampunk. After you're out of their zone it gets back to normal fantasy a bit.
    Except for New Tinkertown, Bilgewater Harbor, Gnomeregan, and the Train system beneath Stormwind.

What is this super- engine? first I've heard of it.
    http://wowpedia.org/Iron_star

Orcs use it to build this;

That enough steampunk for you?

Yes WoW isn't steampunk and hopefully it stays that way. Putting in a tinkerer class could change that entirely. Less steampunk in WoW is better imo.
    How would a Tinker class change that entirely when we already have Tinker cities, Tinker NPCs, Tinker raid bosses, Tinker faction leaders, Tinker vehicles, Tinker races, a tech-based profession, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    You realize that the Iron Horde is, basically, the steampunk Horde, right? Tanks, mecha Gronn, flamethrowers...the whole nine yards. Not to mention, we just fought a scorpion tank and a Goblin in a mech in SoO.
    But most the stuff you mentioned was done with goblin engineering which is a profession, which makes sense. And with orc touch doesn't seem so steampunk to me. What's next have cyborg orcs with computer chips in everything?

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    You realize that the Iron Horde is, basically, the steampunk Horde, right? Tanks, mecha Gronn, flamethrowers...the whole nine yards. Not to mention, we just fought a scorpion tank and a Goblin in a mech in SoO.
    Goblin Shredders and Zepplins have been in the game since WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except for New Tinkertown, Bilgewater Harbor, Gnomeregan, and the Train system beneath Stormwind.

http://wowpedia.org/Iron_star

Orcs use it to build this;

That enough steampunk for you?

How would a Tinker class change that entirely when we already have Tinker cities, Tinker NPCs, Tinker raid bosses, Tinker faction leaders, Tinker vehicles, Tinker races, a tech-based profession, etc?
    Doesn't look steampunk to me, it looks like WC3 typical barbaric horde machines. Not like things you would seein the goblin starting zone. It would change it entirely because you we only have 2 races that would fit a tinkerer. And not to mention the type of armor a tinkerer would wear? I'm guessing Plate?
    Last edited by Goretex; 2014-02-17 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look steampunk to me, it looks like WC3 typical barbaric horde machines. Not like things you would seein the goblin starting zone.
    You do know that there is Barbaric steampunk within the steampunk genre right?

You do know that there is Barbaric steampunk within the steampunk genre right?
    Actually I don't because the genre doesn't appeal to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would change it entirely because you we only have 2 races that would fit a tinkerer.
    Actually Dwarves would fit it as well, since they help Gnomes craft many of their advanced machines, and they're pretty good with tech themselves. Also the Draenei seem pretty adept at magical-based technology, since they arrived on a spaceship. The Blood Elves have also shown some affinity towards magical-based tech due to their arcane golems and the mana bomb they designed. Draenei and Blood Elf Engineers are considered Artificers.

Then we have Orcs who have produced some crude machines, but seem to be getting better thanks to Garrosh's interest in technology for military purposes, and the Goblin influx into the Horde. We also have chemical-based technology via the Forsaken, who have developed several machines that deploy their chemical weapons on the battlefield.

Then we have Worgen who hail from a city which looks like Victorian England, the mecca for anything steampunk.

What's the problem again?

And not to mention the type of armor a tinkerer would wear? I'm guessing Plate?
    Probably mail, since that's the last open armor slot left.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-02-17 at 07:11 PM.

There's a lot that I like about a Tinker class, but I do think it's a little too silly/whimsical. Warcraft has always had its sense of humor, but the Tinker class might take it too far.

I'm a firm supporter of fourth specializations over new classes so...

But just to speculate, you really have to figure out what gameplay niche the Tinker class would fill and you have to flesh out three full specs.

1. Grenades/Bombs

I do think that one of the biggest unfilled niches currently in the game is a spec/class that focuses completely on ground targeted attacks. I am sure however that Blizzard has tested such a class and it's unclear whether it would be fun, effective or possible given the technical constraints of the game. Guild Wars 2 has an Engineer class that can do exactly this and it's not everyone's cup of tea.

2. Missles/Guns

Either identical to Hunter except with different "flavor" and no pet, or makes some kind of slow missle DPS spec. This DPS could all be delayed by like 2 seconds, something that would really throw a wrench (lulz) into the tempo of combat and gameplay.

3. Mechanical Pets/Tool and Gadgets

Another niche that's completely open is one of midrange DPS. Something that has a sweet spot around 25 yards +/- 5. This could fill that niche to keep the gameplay different enough from other pet classes. Too far from your pet and it becomes less effective, too close and your abilities become less effective.

Actually Dwarves would fit it as well, since they help Gnomes craft many of their advanced machines, and they're pretty good with tech themselves. Also the Draenei seem pretty adept at magical-based technology, since they arrived on a spaceship. The Blood Elves have also shown some affinity towards magical-based tech due to their arcane golems and the mana bomb they designed. Draenei and Blood Elf Engineers are considered Artificers.

Then we have Orcs who have produced some crude machines, but seem to be getting better thanks to Garrosh's interest in technology for military purposes, and the Goblin influx into the Horde. We also have chemical-based technology via the Forsaken, who have developed several machines that deploy their chemical weapons on the battlefield.

Then we have Worgen who hail from a city which looks like Victorian England, the mecca for anything steampunk.

What's the problem again?

I get it you want WoW to go full steampunk in every aspect of the game, away from typical fantasy. However I don't and I'm sure alot of other peopel don't either. @LookingGlass Yeah GW2 has some steampunk in it which partially turned me off from playing it.

I don' think so nope

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it you want WoW to go full steampunk in every aspect of the game, away from typical fantasy. However I don't and I'm sure alot of other peopel don't either.
    Yeah, you don't seem to understand the fact that even if Tinkers are introduced, there's still 11 other classes which aren't technology based at all. Their themes have to be respected and continued regardless.

Thus, your fears are irrational and silly.

Yeah, you don't seem to understand the fact that even if Tinkers are introduced, there's still 11 other classes which aren't technology based at all. Their themes have to be respected and continued regardless.

Thus, your fears are irrational and silly.
    Your wishes of a tinkerer class are irrational and silly then too?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just in regards to the WoD tech being Steampunk, it looks to me like we've sailed past Steampunk and into Dieselpunk.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Your wishes of a tinkerer class are irrational and silly then too?
    Nope, because those wishes are based around a rational and sensible argument.

In World of Warcraft Alpha engineers were a class and not a profession. They were too much fun to play so Blizzard took it and made it a profession. As it stands in the game engineers have bombs that; scare beasts, silence and burn mana, root targets in ice, stun or disorient a target. Engineers also have rocket launchers, shrink rays, suicide bomber sheep, turrets that shoot fireballs, spell reflectors, spell absorbers, a cloaking device, a few devices that turn people into chickens, a net launcher, rocket boots (yay sprint), a mortar, land mines, short duration pets, a stealth detector, target dummies to taunt mobs off of them, a flamethrower, a laser, and a host of other things (I only listed roughly half the goodies :P). It was supposed to be a class but they have been slowly giving the stuff to engineers. As much as I'd like to see a tinker class I feel they have given too much of it to engineers.
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Int plate => 1 specc
    int mail => 2 speccs

probably one of these
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    Int plate => 1 specc
    int mail => 2 speccs

probably one of these
    Nope. Armor is losing stats like that in WoD. If your class is INT-based, your armor will be INT-based.

So if we roll up on plate armor, it will just be plate armor. Not INT, STR, or otherwise.

The Engineers would be masters in the art of building guns, mounts, and armor.

The Tinkers would be masters of far more advanced technology.

Again, its like Enchanters versus a Mage. Sure a Warrior can dabble in magic and become an enchanter. However a Mage is a master of magic.

The same applies to an Engineer versus a Tinker. Sure a Warrior can dabble in technology and become an Engineer. However a Tinker is a master of technology.
    Stop using such arguments because they're false. Enchanters is NOT like a mage. A mage does not enchant armor. A mage does not enchant weapons. A mage does not enchant ANYTHING. They use their mana to create devastating spells of fire magic, frost magic or pure arcane magic. An enchanter does not, and cannot, do any of those things. They use the pre-existing magic inside special magical reagents to create enchantments on their own, or other people's gear. Their single and ONLY "connection" is a similarity between their names.

Now Tinkers and Engineers go beyond simple 'similarity' between their names. They're the exact same thing. Both create bombs. Both create grenades. Both create technological gadgets. There is no difference at all between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Armor is losing stats like that in WoD. If your class is INT-based, your armor will be INT-based.

So if we roll up on plate armor, it will just be plate armor. Not INT, STR, or otherwise.
    ah thx Haven't played since Dragon soul
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

All that does in this case though is change the "Int" to "spirit" since spirit is supposed to be static.