Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I dont understand blizzard, they said they did not like removing content for an example the ZA mount. But currently they are removing content left and right.

Also I think challenge modes would still be challenging without hit and expertise, the amount of stats that people reforge into hit/exp, do not affect dps or healing much, we are talking about like +0,5% increases.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-02-19 at 11:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Also I think challenge modes would still be challenging without hit and expertise, the amount of stats that people reforge into hit/exp, do not affect dps or healing much, we are talking about like +0,5% increases.
    It's much more than that, it's 5100 extra secondary stats. That's a really big deal.
    I still think they could just do a really quick numbers pass and leave them in though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It's much more than that, it's 5100 extra secondary stats. That's a really big deal.
    I still think they could just do a really quick numbers pass and leave them in though.
    People reforge 5100 secondary stats for hit/exp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's good that they remove CM gear/mount.
    I have neither, since I can't be arsed to subject myself to "OMG RUN! LOOK AT TEH CLOCK!!11".
    I already hated that kind of gameplay back in the day, when we did ZA bear runs in TBC.

Besides: That priest gear looks beyond dumb anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    People reforge 5100 secondary stats for hit/exp?
    That's how much you give up to cap. If you didn't have to it would go straight into other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Then you haven't read the explanations posted repeatedly throughout this thread. Pro tip: It's nothing to do with higher stats but rather more of them and different ways classes will behave after the expansion lands.
    To be completely accurate, those changes in behavior will take place prior to the expansion. Blizzard always releases a pre-expansion patch a month or two in advance that pretty much forces everyone to relearn their class. Of course, there's little incentive to really relearn it because the expansion always introduces a new "ultimate skill" that you'll center your rotation around upon hitting level cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You are the special snowflake that thinks is entitled to all the content without even work for it.
    You are the cancer for the lack of immersion in this game.

Little baby whiners:
    "Uahh epics! plz epics Blizzard! Uahhh! PLZ give me epics without effort! uahhhhhh" cry cry

(sorry I hate this thread so much, you have no idea)
    Where did he say anything about wanting it without having to work for it? All he's saying is that the MoP challenge modes should still be available, even if they have to retune them for WoD. The armory isn't even showing your character any more, so I don't think you even play. Why do you get so worked up about a game you don't even play any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    Because some people like EARNING their rewards. Not having it handed to them after they're 10 levels higher and the mechanics of the game completely changes. But to each their own I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Where did he say anything about wanting it without having to work for it? All he's saying is that the MoP challenge modes should still be available, even if they have to retune them for WoD. The armory isn't even showing your character any more, so I don't think you even play. Why do you get so worked up about a game you don't even play any more?
    The armory is down just an fyi. Now you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    The armory is down just an fyi. Now you look silly.
    That character is on the EU armory, and that's still alive and well. Now you look silly.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    Like 1% of the game is inaccessible; You're not the audience that should be complaining about this area. It's an MMO, if everything is accessible for everyone then there's nothing to strive for and people won't play the game. Don't tell me there's any other reason you kept playing this game, you wanted to progress your character more and that's generally what drives people - I've pretty much capped my character right now with very minimal effort, he's not going to get much stronger (a few item levels, whatever, the gear looks the same too) and I don't have much to look forward to tbh. Why can't there be 'difficult' content that only people who want to put in the effort can see? Why can't we be rewarded for actually participating in harder content? That's what's fun to me. I enjoy doing my best alone or with friends - I also enjoy just relaxing and playing casual a lot, but too much of anything is a bad thing.

Making it a rare drop is just stupid; There should be rare drops in the game but it shouldn't be items that were previously incredibly difficult to get, how do you know who actually did it legitimately then? I swear to God it's the people that want everything to be accessible to everyone that are the special snowflakes, rather than the people that want a few items to themselves. Can't you just respect the effort someone else put into something?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-02-19 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Imagine, they remove something because its likely to become stupidly easy..
    So, instead of whining, maybe you could go do some CMs before they are "unobtainable"
    Why not just add Level scaling to gear scaling in Challenge Modes. Go into MoP CM's your level shows 100 (90) ... your gear 723 (463) ... Problem solved, keep them in and they never expire. Everyone is happy.

Tom Chilton talked about it at some point in an interview ... specifically when talking about CM's ... so why was that scrapped?
    Last edited by Concequence; 2014-02-19 at 04:24 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really could care less *shrug*

While I think the mount is pretty, I'm sad its not account wide and I have so many 90s that I can't choose which one I want it on! I "main" priest though and I really don't care for the xmog set either. I know the mount is pretty easy to get, but I havent been interested in doing anything wow related recently. I can truly say I don't care to re-sub and log in to get the mount, to me its not worth the effort, time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Why not just add Level scaling to gear scaling in Challenge Modes. Go into MoP CM's your level shows 100 (90) ... your gear 723 (463) ... Problem solved, keep them in and they never expire. Everyone is happy.

Tom Chilton talked about it at some point in an interview ... specifically when talking about CM's ... so why was that scrapped?
    This is pretty much where I think the discussion should be. All this talk about "special snowflakes" and "rewards" is beside the point. The whole point of CMs was to make those dungeons relevant forever. When they first started talking about them it almost sounded like there would even be CM raids. Getting rid of them defeats their whole purpose. The only reason I can think that they would do this was that they weren't nearly as popular as Blizzard thought they would be. It seems like nice transmog gear wasn't quite the incentive that Blizzard expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    This is pretty much where I think the discussion should be. All this talk about "special snowflakes" and "rewards" is beside the point. The whole point of CMs was to make those dungeons relevant forever. When they first started talking about them it almost sounded like there would even be CM raids. Getting rid of them defeats their whole purpose. The only reason I can think that they would do this was that they weren't nearly as popular as Blizzard thought they would be. It seems like nice transmog gear wasn't quite the incentive that Blizzard expected.
    I'm not sure they were ever intended to last "forever", just to the end of the expan. Their purpose was to provide a high difficulty 5 man enviroment that provided unique rewards. That purpose has been served. I don't think they would be removing them because they were not popular, as they are just going to add a new set of them with WoD. Obviously they liked something about them.

Personally I think there is something to be said for items you can only get for a limited time (although a whole exp isn't really that limited).

If they don't remove Proving Grounds too I will be so pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Imagine, they remove something because its likely to become stupidly easy..
    So, instead of whining, maybe you could go do some CMs before they are "unobtainable"
    You think an extra talent and and a little extra secondary stats will make them stupidly easy even though they'd still be scaled down to 463iLvL? Interesting.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Theyre going to add all unavailable items to the Blizzard Store soon enough.

I always hate it when they remove things from the game. Besides that's simply unfair, it makes removed items look 'unique', what is not always true.

They have been around since the start of the expansion. You have had/still have plenty of time to complete them. 99% sure blizzard stated at the start, that they wanted CMs to be similar to gladiator rewards(which we all know are not around forever). CMs are not that hard, unless you can only count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    A good thing theres still time to complete them then, isnt it?

I dont understand why you're complaining about this now, when theres still time to gather friends&groups for it?

See, everyone bitching about this has an agenda. They could be out there right now, pushing through them and getting epic rewards. What they will do instead though, is sit on any forums that relate to WoW and complain until 1 hour before the patch that removes CMs goes live. Then they will complain more that they didn't have enough time to do them, when in reality, they were really just procrastinating and/or lazy.

I would also wager that most of the crying is coming from the same people that whined endlessly for weeks when they couldn't outgear the first set of brawlers fights.

I think it's fine to remove reward mounts that are a recognition of a feat at a certain gear level. I did find it annoying when they removed the ZG mounts only because I farmed those for years and never got them. Now it's like wow all that time was a waste. All the original ZG mounts really represent is blind luck. The reward mounts at least mean something. Getting a Worg mount off normal Garrosh is a main reason I want to keep playing right now because it's going away. But I'm about 900% positive they'll be more Worg mounts in WoD since it's an orc expansion and they redid the worg model.

This is a first. I usually read nothing but crap on here about how you guys want more things to be less available to everyone and how nerfing hard and challenging things in the game dilutes your achievements. Now they are removing something that will become completely trivial with the new stats squish and changes and you guys go nuts about them making things less available to everyone.

You all have had nearly 1.5 years to complete challenge modes and probably close to another 6 months before 6.0 goes live to complete them. My advise is to get working on them and shut up. YOu guys would be the first to complain about how everyone and their alts have cleared gold after the encounters became easy with the new stat system in place and would beg Blizzard to do something about it. But because they did it proactively you have a problem with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    They have been around since the start of the expansion. You have had/still have plenty of time to complete them. 99% sure blizzard stated at the start, that they wanted CMs to be similar to gladiator rewards(which we all know are not around forever). CMs are not that hard, unless you can only count to potato.

See, everyone bitching about this has an agenda. They could be out there right now, pushing through them and getting epic rewards. What they will do instead though, is sit on any forums that relate to WoW and complain until 1 hour before the patch that removes CMs goes live. Then they will complain more that they didn't have enough time to do them, when in reality, they were really just procrastinating and/or lazy.

I would also wager that most of the crying is coming from the same people that whined endlessly for weeks when they couldn't outgear the first set of brawlers fights.
    Or the same people that complained about old raid titles and mounts still being in the game when the raids were trivial. Because lets face it. Most of the people here are not satisfied with anything Blizzard does and have to scream the sky is falling every time.