Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @Thejeremy - he heals for about 8% each time he eats a gate add, which means you have to take out 124% of his Hp over the fight. If he's at 50% or so after eating the first add at the poison gate, that means you'll probably get close to enrage, but should be fine. You get another "uninterrupted" phase at frozen where you can drop him about 20-30% (to 30-20% left), kite and eat another add to put him at ~20% at worst, and then you get pushed over on fire fairly quickly, having to burn about 10-15% while kiting the boss around.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    I have the same question as Bazylov. We've just begun progressing on Thok HC. We have an easy enough time getting through 26ish stacks on the initial pull, then we kite 4ish times and start off with poison. The bats come in and we end up getting to MAYBE 7 or 8 stacks before transitioning to kiting again and trying to clean up bats. Typically, once the bats come is when we have our issues. We've only seen the yeti once. Granted, we've only had about 10 pulls thus far and you can erase a few of those to people being stupid during kite and dying.

We usually have him around 62-63% after he eats the first adds which seems fine, but by the time he transitions after the bat phase he's only down another 8-10% which concerns me for the rest of the fight going forward.

Therefore, does Fire, frost, poison make things easier in general? How many stacks do you aim for on each?

If it helps, we typically three heal with a hpal, rdruid and disc priest. However, our disc priest was out last week so our ele shaman went resto. We tried two healing a couple pulls and didn't seem to get beyond 15-16 stacks during the first phase
    You should aim for 29-8-29 - whatever.

Break out when the bats arrive (or at least stack to give yourself the opportunity to get out). 3rd screech phase is the same as the first, you should have all your CD's back up then,

Deleted
    I have a question regarding a fire-frost-poison tactic, We are getting thok about 50-55% before he eats the first mob, and we have problems with bats, would it be good to try the fire-frost-poison as i think we have quite a nice dps and good kiting phase