Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What spec will you be leveling with?

Hey all!

So I've been wondering for the past few days, which spec would be better to level with; Enhancement or Elemental.
    My guild was lacking a shaman for Mythic raiding, and having grown tired of my Hunter, decided I'd step up and reroll. Whilst I'll be playing mostly restoration at 100, I have no idea what spec to level with, mostly because of lack of experience with the class (I bought a 90 boost to get it some gear for leveling already).
    I've considered Elemental, because it does seem like the superior leveling spec, with the AoE capabilities and being ranged, but then it hit me. Enhancement can tag at range aswell, and isn't limited to standing still while killing mobs/rares.
    What I am to do, is blast through to content quickly, so I can get started on Garrisons and alts right away, and a part of me thinks that Enhancement might be better for that.

So what do you think? What spec will you be leveling with?

Elemental, as always.
    Easier to share gear between specs that way, and I just like it more than enhancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

I play Enhance like 99.999% of my time...

But to kill frogs now or right when TI came out; I go Elemental.

A lot of mobs have effects that aren't very forgiving to melee...and if you aren't aware of them initially (I had literally no idea Cinder's aoe was a one shot when I first got to TI) its a bit more forgiving.

With less than superior gear like say boosted 90 gear, I would probably say Elemental is the better choice.

The gear share bit is moot in wod as they will change to the spec.

Deleted
    I would guess that Enhancement is the more effective leveling spec, but by a very small margin. I am leveling as Elemental myself, since that will make it easier to have a Resto offspec for dungeons, plus you are ready for Elemental once you reach level 100.

My advise? Pick the spec you are planning to use in level 100. If you are planning on being a Resto in level 100, then probably level as Elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once (or if) I can replace my Elemental gear, then I'm moving to Enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Just armour pieces - not rings, necks, weapons or trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Elemental. One of my favorite specs in the game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Such an amazing feature

Yeah. will clear up my bag immensely

haha i remember while running in after heroic amber shaper wipe nr 50 something, sayin it would be cool if they allow gear to change stats with spec (beeing a healshaman that went ele with like 40 % hit for this fight), i remember our shadow saying this will never happen.

i currently have a heal gear, heal cm / proving ground gear, heal pvp gear, heal "omg tsg is training me"pvp gear with double sta trinkets and other meta / enchants, pvp elemental gear for blowing people up in battlegrounds, pve elemental gear , Elemental cm gear, AND some enhancement gear including the tokens (but no trinkets). Fuck my whole bank is full with gear.

With Wod i get rid of at least halfe of those gearsets, i rejoice.

But as always, elemental lvling, because of heirloom staff and mythic caster gear.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-10-31 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I have no enhancement gear until I start getting WOD gear and the fact that I have a couple intellect 90-100 heirlooms, that pretty much seals the deal. Ele/Resto for me as always.

Elemental. I prefer ranged over melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are shaman specs other than enhancement?

From personal experience I've always prefered enhancement when leveling. Though I might go elemental first few levels, since the insane mastery levels and legendary cloak proc pretty much does all the work, and fast as well, after one flame shock (tried both specs on beta while leveling). But I really despise ranged classes when leveling, at least without a tanking pet.

For easy solo play i like to be a meele more.

But in Dungeons or Raids i prefer Ele.

I am glad Int gear switches to Agi so i can more easy switch between DPS specs.

Mainly i will heal in Dungeons and Raids.

So i think i will lvl as Ele so i dont need to watch out for other Weapons and other stuff like Trinkets, Necks, Rings.

They wont be have Spirit on it but a Int ring without spirit is still better than a agi ring!

10+ Year Old Account
    Level as Enhancement, Resto at 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    For easy solo play i like to be a meele more.

But in Dungeons or Raids i prefer Ele.

I am glad Int gear switches to Agi so i can more easy switch between DPS specs.

Mainly i will heal in Dungeons and Raids.

So i think i will lvl as Ele so i dont need to watch out for other Weapons and other stuff like Trinkets, Necks, Rings.

They wont be have Spirit on it but a Int ring without spirit is still better than a agi ring!

I'm with you on that one. I prefer melee with a tanking OS for soloing but prefer being a healer or range when it comes to any kind of group play (bgs, raids, dungeons, etc..).

Deleted
    I will level as elemental and then go Resto at 100.