Page 1 of 2
LastLast

a random thought

If you want the easiest method of doing a task get a lazy person to do it.

Is this a genius thought or the dying hopes of a lazy person to be useful

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    If you want the easiest method of doing a task get a lazy person to do it.

Is this a genius thought or the dying hopes of a lazy person to be useful
    depends on what needs to be done... so the answer is yes and no
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    depends on what needs to be done... so the answer is yes and no
    Thats true but sometimes the simplest solution is beautiful

A lazy person might not have a solution to begin with.

Deleted
    Why would a lazy person be useful?
    I speak from experience when I say that being lazy doesn't get much done.

i will wait till several have answered, then cast my vote for the thought that is most popular...

15+ Year Old Account
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder... doesn´t change the answer ^^ it still is yes and no
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Well the idea itself aint that bad, just make sure you check if the Quality hurdle is passed.
    And i would add "intelligent" to lazy, as you Need some ideas to get to the easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Why would a lazy person be useful?
    I speak from experience when I say that being lazy doesn't get much done.
    Lazy people aren't useless and tend to find the easiest way of completing tasks
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Or they just abandon the activity altogether. But we'd have to establish the level of lazy we're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well the idea itself aint that bad, just make sure you check if the Quality hurdle is passed.
    And i would add "intelligent" to lazy, as you Need some ideas to get to the easiest solution.
    Of course a dumb lazy prrson is pretty useless. An intelligent lazy person is a gold mine
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it depends on what it is, Because lazy people more often than not, in my experience, don't do things properly, so they can find the easiest way of doing something, but it won't be done to a high standard, But saying that, If you're a lazy person, you might be able to invent something, that make a laborious task easier^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well it depends on what it is, Because lazy people more often than not, in my experience, don't do things properly, so they can find the easiest way of doing something, but it won't be done to a high standard, But saying that, If you're a lazy person, you might be able to invent something, that make a laborious task easier^^
    i´m lazy, but i´m also very precise... so i routinely find ways to make things faster and easier but at the same time keep an extensive period of time looking for details and if everythings in order

Deleted
    If you want something done you're better off doing it yourself than asking others to do it.

Deleted
    By doing absolutely nothing?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i´m lazy, but i´m also very precise... so i routinely find ways to make things faster and easier but at the same time keep an extensive period of time looking for details and if everythings in order
    That's good then, Like I said, it's mostly in my experience a bad thing to have a lazy person around, But sometimes they can offer up good ideas^^

Edit: I suppose it comes down to intelligence, a stupid lazy person won't do things properly, but a smart lazy person can offer up the great ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Take a lazy person;
    2. Put Him in a Life or Death situation;
    3. Watch him being twice as efficient as a normal person.

Why twice?
    Because probably wants to survive AND is to lazy to be in Life or Death situation.

4. Profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    If you want something done you're better off doing it yourself than asking others to do it.
    Indeed. Things like, for example, dentistry, surgery, and so on. Best done by yourself.

It may be done in a sorry or half-assed manner though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the lazy person I'd say, truly lazy people probably just won't do it or do it late.