Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Would you rather a 40 week pvp season or 2 20 week seasons? A better question would be, what's the negatives? The positives is it gives people who enjoy the gearing, more gear to get with next to no negatives.

Deleted
    No changes in balance. Me and a few mates are going KFC
    for some easymode facerolling. Maybe WMD if we feel it.

No point going another season with underdog classes when
    you can try half as hard and go four times higher with a faceroll comp

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    would you rather have a 50 week long season? im chill with them doing a filler season while working on WoD.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    What you find lazy about it? The fact that they are putting out MORE content for players to keep playing while they work on WoD is great. It's a small patch, anyways, they can patch in updates, and other mumbo jumbo IF proven to be necessary.
    No ret changes. Ret has been terrible for 2/3rds of this expansion in PVP.

A minor buff to self-healing would help immensely, but no, Blizz can't afford to even do that for some inexplicable reason.

WOD is ages away still.

Now I understand that Blizzard have to prioritize but it would only take some minor adjustments to make the many people who play ret paladins happy.

But no. It just makes no sense because we are not talking about huge changes here.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2014-02-18 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    For me its a great patch. Finally I can stomp pve heroes with pvp gear.
    the pve heroes that 2shot PvPers are prolly unsubed by now, since they finished HC siege long ago

What you find lazy about it? The fact that they are putting out MORE content for players to keep playing while they work on WoD is great
    There is 0 content, dont even lie. New arena season and color change must took a shitload of dev time,right? The other changes must took also a lot of time?
    But you are right, lets just get fucked over by few more moths because they are neglecting the current xpac to work on something that we are meant to buy later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    For me its a great patch. Finally I can stomp pve heroes with pvp gear.
    There is still quite the cap between highest ilvl for pvp and pve, don't get your hopes up...

Deleted
    Warriors and especially Hunters should have been addressed at the very least and it would have been easy to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well, Hunters, Rogues, Mages, Warriors, Locks, DKs, Priests, RDruids, MW Monks, HPals, and all 3 Shaman specs are all quite good. That leaves Ferals, Boomkins, Rets and WW Monks as the only specs that really need any work. I honestly can't remember the last time that there were only 4 specs in the game that were underpowered. And it's not even like you can't get rank 1 on them, you absolutely can, they're just significantly weaker than other classes. But they're still technically viable.

I suppose that they could have made changes, of course, but all 11 classes are perfectly viable currently and any changes to the weak specs would probably make the overall balance worse honestly.
    Windwalkers are not too bad...Arcane could maybe use some help(Only one that I see is abn...). I also do not see many assas rogues.

Looking at the ladder(over 2200) it is quite...wierd. Like only 3 rogues that are not sub, No demo, Bm, arcane, or fury warriors and barely any boomkins and Frost dks.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-02-18 at 03:22 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just like to see some changes to Shadow Priests. Guess I have to wait until WOD. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    my god - please search the damn forums cause theres a billion threads about this already. please use one of those to bitch.

oh and since you do not seem well informed, there is a new expansion in the works. Would you really rather them stop production on that so you can have pretty gears that you will likely xmog anyways?

think about it....
    Actually, yes, I would. Using the rogue gear as an example, since a rogue is my main, all throughout late Wrath and all of Cata, the rogue PVP gear actually looked pretty damn good. Now? Are you kidding me? It's been TRASH this entire expansion. Transmog was not supposed to be put in the game so that Blizzard could be lazy about gear models. It was put in the game for NOSTALGIA purposes, or if you had a high rating during a certain season and had the elite gear (I have both S9 and S10 elite), you could still use it to show off that you're a good player. Similarly, this applies to PVE when it comes to heroic raid gear.

However, the new "elite" gear isn't even worth picking up for nostalgia/showing-off purposes because it's one, welfare gear if you can get to (lol2k) and two, ugly as Hell. That's been for this entire expansion, though, not just the final season(s) of the expansion. So yes, I'm tired of Blizzard being lazy. They make plenty of money and have plenty of manpower that surely they could release some decent looking season gear. They did it for BC/Wrath/Cata, so why not now?

The thing is other classes besides hunter/dk/warrior might perform better with the higher il... But than again so will the OP classes... /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Why is it so unfathomable to think that there could be two separate teams of people working on content? One working on new, one working on updating current?
    because good/great devs are just falling from the sky right?

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    because good/great devs are just falling from the sky right?
    Actually, yes. There are tons of talented people looking for jobs, especially in this economy. The problem is not lack of talent, but rather Blizzard's corporate culture built around small teams of people that do everything. Every expansion they say they want to make content faster, and every expansion is late and we have some terrible band-aid content to hold us over. It is a severe lack of leadership that does not allow them to grow their team at a pace that satisfies their need for perfection and integration of different parts of the game and allow for content updates that are not so slow that they lose subscribers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harukaa View Post
    I would just like to see some changes to Shadow Priests. Guess I have to wait until WOD. =/
    Ladder wise priest seem well...fine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    It brings nothing new , nothing exciting and no significant changes to balance.
    Er, it makes Honor gear near-comparable to LFR gear, and Conquest gear better than Flex gear, meaning I'm going to have to PvP to improve my PvE sets.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    My humble list:

Ice lance damage is not fine.
    Rogue + mage opener is not fine.
    Enhancement shaman burst is not fine.
    Monk burst is not fine.
    Warrior toolset being huge is not fine.
    Ferals lack of CC is not fine.
    Rets lack of defense is not fine.
    Balance druid damage vs survival is not fine.
    Shadow priest casting needs vs toolset to cast is not fine.
    Hunter damage with aimed + chimera is not fine.
    Hunter amount of CC is not fine.
    Resto SotF haste bonus applyed on cyclone is not fine.
    Warlock portal not being counterable is not fine.
    Your humble, but correct, list. There are a few other things, like how dampening doesn't effect Necrotic Strike, meaning DKs negate all resto druid hots. Honestly, Blizzards ignorance in referring to NecStrike as a "damage" spell smashed any hope that PvP designers actually know their own game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Actually, yes. There are tons of talented people looking for jobs, especially in this economy. The problem is not lack of talent, but rather Blizzard's corporate culture built around small teams of people that do everything. Every expansion they say they want to make content faster, and every expansion is late and we have some terrible band-aid content to hold us over. It is a severe lack of leadership that does not allow them to grow their team at a pace that satisfies their need for perfection and integration of different parts of the game and allow for content updates that are not so slow that they lose subscribers.
    While I don't think you can just throw more resources at something and expect faster, high quality results, I agree with what you are saying. I have often wondered the same thing myself. Do they really expect us to believe all the good devs are hiding under a collective rock?

Deleted
    Im gonna quit wow and come back when wod is here. I really cannot be asked to grind gear, enchants, gems for the sake of a filler patch. Plus I play Demo lock and Ret paladin and they are a complete joke in pvp right now and no nerfs to warriors, So I really do not have any reason to play atm.

Suits me fine, will save me £40 from 4 months worth boring game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Your humble, but correct, list. There are a few other things, like how dampening doesn't effect Necrotic Strike, meaning DKs negate all resto druid hots. Honestly, Blizzards ignorance in referring to NecStrike as a "damage" spell smashed any hope that PvP designers actually know their own game.
    I will disagree on this one. At first I have the same impression you have, but here is an example:

Say you are fighting a DK and warrior. The warrior hit you with 100k Slam and DK hit you with 100k NS. And your Regrowth heals you for 70k.
    As the battle goes on, the heal gets reduced by 30%. Now your regrowth is healing for 49k, you need a little more than 2 regrowths to heal for the Slam damage. If NS was affected as well, its absorsv would be 70k, meaning you need about 1,5 regrowths to heal it.

In other words, NS is damage and if it was affected by Damping, it would be a nerf its damage. The idea of damping is to affect only the healing efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Windwalkers are not too bad...Arcane could maybe use some help(Only one that I see is abn...). I also do not see many assas rogues.

Looking at the ladder(over 2200) it is quite...wierd. Like only 3 rogues that are not sub, No demo, Bm, arcane, or fury warriors and barely any boomkins and Frost dks.
    Windwalkers are quite bad, actually.

And no, that isn't weird at all. Because every class has a good spec for every role aside from Druids, Monks and Paladins. Rogues could play Combat, but why would they when Sub is better in every single situation? Every class doesn't need 3 viable specs, they need one of each role, which for the most part they all have. The game would be a fucking mess if they tried to balance all 34 specs for PvP, it's best for everyone if they keep things as are. Thought it was pretty obvious what I meant when I was talking about classes and specs in my other post.

If i recall, the season before wotlk's release was also very long and they did nothing to spice it up