Deleted

What kind of budget needed for a WoW/Starcraft computer?

Hello!

I'm wondering, what kind of budget do I need for a good WoW/Starcraft -computer. The max size of the computer would be 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (possible to take with me in an airplane). I've already got all the peripherals (operating system, keyboard, mouse, headset, dvd-player, display).

How much money would I need (approximately), to get a computer

a) That I can play and stream WoW/Sc2 with high graphics with no(/close to none) lag
    b) That I can play and stream WoW/Sc2 with medium graphics with no(/close to none) lag
    c) That I can play WoW/Sc2 with medium graphics with no(/close to none) lag

My old computer, that would run SC2 well after the performance tricks and WoW tolerably with the lowest settings, with no background programs:
    Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to give a concise answer but I can offer this: WoW is very processor driven (some graphics options can't even be enabled unless the game detects multiple cores) so don't skimp on that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably looking at a mATX or mini-ITX build, first and foremost. I believe the Bitfenix Prodigy fits into those size restrictions.

Can I ask why you need to take it on a plane? Can the parts just be sent where you're going, instead?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87I GAMING AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($80.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.96 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($274.99 @ Microcenter)
    Case: EVGA Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500W Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1137.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-17 13:47 EST-0500)

There's a build for you that fits your specs - use Shadowplay for streaming - you'll need to get an external optical drive for OS installation, but the PSU supplied is mroe than adequate. There's a little expense in the PGU I selected, but I guarantee that it will fit into the case, being the ITX design of the card.

Deleted
    Thank you for your advice!

Mirishka, thank you for the information!

chazus, I looked into Bitfenix Prodigy, and it seems really nice, even if the 25cm width is at the exact maximum. I'm expecting that I will be traveling a lot during the next few years both within the country and to other countries, living few months in one place and then the next two in another one, so the possiblity to take everything important with me would be very liberating. If it seems too impossible to travel with the computer, I can of course send the parts, but even then a smaller case of the computer makes it easier to fit my life into two bags

tenangrychickens, seems like a really nice computer packet. I will have to start saving towards that, now that I know about how much I need. To clarify, I expect this computer packet to be for the option a (High graphic streaming)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    you'll need to get an external optical drive for OS installation,
    You can install from USB, you can download ISO from Microsoft when you buy an OS.
    PM me weird stuff :3