Thread: BM pve help?

BM pve help?

wasn't sure where to post this, but i've been seeing conflicting things on the web about
    haste vs mastery as 2nd prio stat, and thrill vs fervor vs dire beast.
    my question is, are they close enough that i can just choose the ones i want? or would i be gimping myself?
    haste doesn't affect trinket cooldowns anymore, right? woulda thought mastery would be our secondary of choice after that.

Haste is still greater than mastery cause it will increase your pet auto attacks and focus regen compared to mastery. On terms of talents dire beast is best for single target and just decide which you prefer for aoe between thrill of the hunt and fervor. On demand burst focus vs the thrill of the hunt reduced costs. Running thrill of the hunt and it procing while under bestial wrath will leave you focus capped majority of the time at higher gear levels so thats why it isnt a go to talent on single target encounters.

At the higher end, most hunters are simming haste>mastery>crit.
    Regarding that tier of talent, DB is the go to for patchwerk style fight. Fervor for target switches and burst aoe. TotH for sustain aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidosis View Post
    At the higher end, most hunters are simming haste>mastery>crit.
    Regarding that tier of talent, DB is the go to for patchwerk style fight. Fervor for target switches and burst aoe. TotH for sustain aoe.
    Hunters in the high end of the spectrum looking at the top 20 hunters from eu and us most of them in their BM specs are still going crit>haste>mastery. out of 20 2 of them are going haste>mastery>crit. take that kinda info as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunguskaa View Post
    Hunters in the high end of the spectrum looking at the top 20 hunters from eu and us most of them in their BM specs are still going crit>haste>mastery. out of 20 2 of them are going haste>mastery>crit. take that kinda info as you wish.
    haste > mastery > crit or crit > haste > mastery the difference is not too much. so u can choose whatever u like. ToTH is better, if u have 2P. u will have more uptime on rapid fire. with ToTH, the number of arcane shots u will fire will deal close or more damage than dire beast anyway. + with ToTH u have one less button to mash.

A few weeks back I did a bunch of femaledwarf simulations on my hunter through every possible reforge priority. In the end, every single reforge philosophy came out to within between 297k-299k dps. This to me means that the stats are so close to one another that you can use whatever secondary stats you want. I'm aware that femaledwarf simulates things way differently than simcraft does. So, I'm sure simcraft says something differently. But, I've also tried all these reforges out on the dummy. And honestly, I don't see a difference between any of them. I typically just go with whatever gear is going to give me more agility and not send me way over hit/exp caps anymore.