... LastLast
    Deleted

Pussy Riot members arrested, again

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ested-22560081
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...bbery-20140218
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/201...al-sochi-tweet

https://twitter.com/tolokno
    https://twitter.com/tolokno/status/435711932763750400

Задержаны в районе Морпорта Сочи по подозрению в уголовном преступлении.
    The two women, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina, recently appeared on the Colbert Report, and made fun of Putin, even going as far as to say he can arrest them again, as if taunting him.

Now they're supposedly committed robbery?

Something stinks here. What possible reason would they have to be committing robberies in Sochi? Oh Putin...

EDIT: Here's the Colbert Report interview, it's really shoddy quality but it's impossible to find it in Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2-y8DdGzY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWMtMBf4A_s
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-02-18 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Not much in the means of details, but it's definitely suggestive the Russian authorities may of had a hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is quite obviously nothing more than Anti-Russia propaganda against them because they're holding the Olympics! I mean gee, if the U.S. unilaterally tossed harmless and peaceful political protesters in prison on fraudulent charges merely for calling out the head of the country, I'm sure nobody would do anything about it.

Oh wait, no, you'd have people up in a shitstorm about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Here's some Google translates of Nadyas Tweets:

"Detained near the seaport of Sochi on suspicion of felony ."

"Stand surrounded by the crowd and the police in the early eshnikov str. Ordzhonikidze, where the intersection with Moskvina , Sochi."

"Masha Alekhine , and I another participant Pussy Riot go to the police department for finding Blinov in Sochi. pic.twitter.com/bj8qpX7gMN"

"16th we were detained at 7:00 , 10:00 17th we spent the FSB , and today in a paddy wagon ride , accused of theft ."

"In Sochi, we are to carry out actions pussy riot. The song is called "Putin will teach you to love the motherland .""

"This Olympic Sochi. Going to Adler DIVISION . pic.twitter.com/PoafsAGTZO"

"At the moment of detention , we have not carried out the action, we walked along the Sochi. WALKED ."

"After spending two days 20 hours in the police and the FSB, we were able to spend a few Olympic performances , miraculously broke away from the tailings . adju"

"My phone 89099771302"

"Used force during the arrest ."

It would seem like they were going to perform somewhere, and were pre-emptively arrested in order to stop that from happening.

EDIT: Some more...

"Participant pussy riot tank, which is now in ATS Adler 89099767631"

(retweet) "police car, which carry Nadia and Masha from another machine detainees pic.twitter.com/gUQ0ma0Yjq"
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-02-18 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Seems like the authorities are keen to prevent them making a statement during the events, it's not at all surprising; And the difficulty you've faced trying to find information pertaining to it shows how hard they're pressing down.

Interesting to see how desperate a government can be to prevent free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Seems like the authorities are keen to prevent them making a statement during the events, it's not at all surprising; And the difficulty you've faced trying to find information pertaining to it shows how hard they're pressing down.

Let's hope that tossing them in prison is as far down that suppression road as they go... they could go a whole lot further.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

This so much. Its pretty scarry, witch is also why I view Russia as a 3rd world country at times, with high levels off corruption.

For once, I can't trust there legal system at all. Imprisoning people, just to let them go for no apparant reasons afterwards, like they were falsely jailed inn the first time. Here I'm reffering to the recent business person, that was released after many year off prison (10?), just suddenly with no real reason, leading up to the olympics.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'm not surprised there are almost 1 million political prisoners in Russia. One Putin critic died last year. They were released as political stunt from their last sentence. This time they might not be released so soon.

Professional attention whores want to get detained, because it makes them public martyrs. It's kind of ironic to see so much hatred directed at the Russians for putting people who violate the laws of the country in jail, when the US is number one in the world in terms of prison population. Kettle, have you met pot?

Next up, pussy riot are hailed as freedom fighters at a Madonna concert. If they didn't get in trouble, noone would give a shit about them and we all know it and they know it. I guess sticking chicken up their vaginas in supermarkets and having group sex in public as "protests" just wasn't garnering enough attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Here I'm reffering to the recent business person, that was released after many year off prison (10?), just suddenly with no real reason, leading up to the olympics.
    You must mean Khodorkovsky, who appealed to Putin (s president) for a pardon after serving most of his sentence and the pardon was granted. He is widely known as a thief of billions, the case against him was won in court. Just because in the US or elsewhere they don't jail people for stealing billions doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I for one think it should, more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should charge the brunette with giving me a boner.

They were going to make another anti-Putin performance in support of the eco-activist who was sentenced to 3 years of real jail time for calling out a corrupt governor on the illegal land grabbing and building a personal palace-ish vacation house in the federal wildlife reservation park. They were grabbed on their way to the place of performance and accused of theft in the hotel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    Professional attention whores want to get detained, because it makes them public martyrs. It's kind of ironic to see so much hatred directed at the Russians for putting people who violate the laws of the country in jail, when the US is number one in the world in terms of prison population. Kettle, have you met pot?
    I can't decide whether you're flaunting a strawman or a red herring here. Maybe both.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You must mean Khodorkovsky, who appealed to Putin (s president) for a pardon after serving most of his sentence and the pardon was granted. He is widely known as a thief of billions, the case against him was won in court. Just because in the US or elsewhere they don't jail people for stealing billions doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I for one think it should, more often.
    Ah thanks, good to know - The way the media presented the story inn my country was very putin bashing like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    They should charge the brunette with giving me a boner.
    Zing! :P..
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm not surprised there are almost 1 million political prisoners in Russia. One Putin critic died last year.
    1 million political prisoners? Why not 82163184284 gabazillions? Where have you pulled that bullshit from? There are total of ~600K prisoners in Russia. I'll throw you a bone here - the rest are just undocumented and being kept in GULAGs in Siberia guarded by KGB-bears that drink vodka and play balalaykas.

One Putin critic died last year? Every second loudmouth on internet in Russia is Putin critic nowdays. There are approximatelly 2 millions people die each year in Russia. 25% of total population in Russia use internet. Assuming these numbers we would get ~100K Putin critics die each year. Such a bloody tyrant that Mr.Putin is!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    They were released as political stunt from their last sentence. This time they might not be released so soon.
    They were released because of mass amnesty that took place last year, which is not quite uncommon in Russia. Along with them there were thousands of people were realeased as well. But every eu kid knows that it was done just to free couple of she-hooligans thus showing off a good political will.

Wait a sec, you are just kidding, yeah?

Professional attention whores want to get detained, because it makes them public martyrs.
    This pretty much.

This was the case when they first came to media attention, and it still is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    It's kind of ironic to see so much hatred directed at the Russians for putting people who violate the laws of the country in jail
    Well, first of all, walking on the street is hardly breaking any law of any country, even Russia. Secondly, where the hell do you come up with the idea that people are "directing hatred at the Russians"?

Putin isn't "the Russians." Putin is just one asshole dictator. He doesn't represent the people of Russia, neither figuratively nor in reality.

You can step off your high horse Mr. White Knight, as there is no need to defend the Russian people. You can, however, choose to defend Putin. That's your prerogative, and it would be quite telling indeed.

EDIT: Another tweet...

"Forced to testify without a lawyer."

And justice for all, eh?
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-02-18 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Putin isn't "the Russians." Putin is just one asshole dictator. He doesn't represent the people of Russia, neither figuratively nor in reality
    Putin is a dictator? How come? He is democratically elected president of Russia. Remind me of any dictatorship actions he had performed?

And yes, he does represent people of Russia, both figuratively and in reality. While there are many people in Russia that doesn't support him, there are still many people that do support him. His ratings vary from year to year, but still they are quite high.

EDIT: Another tweet...

"Forced to testify without a lawyer."

And justice for all, eh?
    I'm amused how easily you believe random posts on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    I'm amused how easily you believe random posts on internet.
    And I'm saddened by how easily you do not.

And I'm saddened by how easily you do not.
    Shouldn't enlightened EU people ask and verify things before making statements and assumptions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, this is quite obviously nothing more than Anti-Russia propaganda against them because they're holding the Olympics! I mean gee, if the U.S. unilaterally tossed harmless and peaceful political protesters in prison on fraudulent charges merely for calling out the head of the country, I'm sure nobody would do anything about it.

Oh wait, no, you'd have people up in a shitstorm about it.
    You sure about that? Because protesting against U.S. government policy outside of a designated Free Speech Zone can easily lead to being arrested and charged with terrorism for peacefully protesting against the status quo.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)