Siegecrafter HC 10 man

Hi,
    My guild has been progressing Siegecrafter for the last couple of resets or so. Coming close to 200 wipes now ><, for some funked up reason we have gone with empowered mines tac (even though we don't have the ideal setup for some of the raids). I am the tank dealing with the first 2 shredders with 3 & 4 stacks. I have no problem killing the add when boss is tanked at shredders spawn location, but tonights raid i think we will be trying the tac of tanking him by the belt. This results in me having a bit less up time on shredder, therefore he will die a bit slower than normal. We are attempting to solo heal it with a mw monk.
    So on to the point of this post , would dropping 4 set and gaining more crit help in the killing of the shredder much? atm i alternate HA & AW and do the ES about a second into his cast of death from above. He dies within a second or 2 of landing. But this won't happen when i have to run to him to pick him up and get him to a sawblade, resulting in an extra electro thingy raid damage going of, i want to try and avoid this if i can. Will gaining a bit more crit make much of a difference? i already reforge mastery to crit with my 4 set. Trinkets i use are spark hc & whip hc, been quite lucky this tier with trinkets and have all options from SoO available on hc, but spark still feels like the best choice?

So on to the point of this post , would dropping 4 set and gaining more crit help in the killing of the shredder much? atm i alternate HA & AW and do the ES about a second into his cast of death from above.
    Are you using Glyph of Word of Glory? Hitting yourself with a WoG/EF with it gives you a 9% damage buff for 6 seconds, which I think would out-weigh any amount of crit you would be likely to be able to gain (and is the same duration as the damage buff on the mob).
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

The Patient
    What I do is as follows:

Pull shredder away, whilst hitting it with holy wrath, avengers shield, judgement (in that order).

When 2nd overload hits, I do Word of Glory (with glyph).

At 1.5s of the Death from Above cast, I use execution sentence (this means that the later ticks will happen when its stunned).

I SAVE Holy Wrath, Avengers Shield + Judgement for when it lands.

When I run back in, I do Avengers Shield --> Judgement --> Holy Wrath --> SoTR in that order. It should be dead at this point if it landed with 80% or more HP.

Glyphs: Avengers Shield, Final Wrath, Word of Glory.

I also have my execution sentence macroed to my engineering gloves so theyre always up together.

Also: Use your Avanging Wrath on the add where you have 4 stacks as you will not have a sawblade (if you are struggling).

1st add: sawblade
    2nd add: no sawblade (but fire if you line it up right) - CD here + Potion
    3rd add: many stacks
    4th add: other tank
    5th add: 4 stacks + sawblade + fire
    6th add: lolol stacks
    7th add: dead boss?

We use the stack method of, I take 3 (1st add), other tank takes 2, I take 1 (2nd add), he takes 1, I take 2 (3rd add), I take 0 and reset stacks, other tank takes 3 (he takes 4th add with 7 stacks). Repeat as before but with +1 stacks.

Hope this helps
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

Yeah I use it, I even pop wog as he lands and throw shield at him. I just don't think I will kill him in time to prevent the raid damage after the death from above.

At 1.5s of the Death from Above cast, I use execution sentence (this means that the later ticks will happen when its stunned).
    Is that 1.5 seconds after the cast starts, or 1.5 seconds before the cast ends?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Only ever gone to 4 stacks with the other tank going to 6 stacks for his one shredder. I have done 6 stacks before when tank roles was reversed and managed it fine with my cd's, not sure how i would manage 7 stacks though without externals, unless i rely on cloak for 6th or 7th stack?
    stack 1 & 2 just SotR, stack 3 unglyphed dp, stack 4 unglyhed dp, stack 5 guardian, stack 6 ad, stack 7 l2 to be pro and taunt and bubble maybe?

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Only ever gone to 4 stacks with the other tank going to 6 stacks for his one shredder. I have done 6 stacks before when tank roles was reversed and managed it fine with my cd's, not sure how i would manage 7 stacks though without externals, unless i rely on cloak for 6th or 7th stack?
    stack 1 & 2 just SotR, stack 3 unglyphed dp, stack 4 unglyhed dp, stack 5 guardian, stack 6 ad, stack 7 l2 to be pro and taunt and bubble maybe?
    DP for third
    DP for fourth
    Guardian for fifth
    Bubble for sixth (once it starts casting it wont swap who its targeting) **If you forget bubble and your cloak procs, you can bubble to remove the debuff, so its up for 7th**
    Cloak + AD + DP for 7th (just to be safe from melee swings or random crap)

and FYI - SoTR wont do shit for the stacks, thats magic damage not physical :3

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that 1.5 seconds after the cast starts, or 1.5 seconds before the cast ends?
    1.5s after the cast starts (i.e. the one that happens shortly after the 2nd overload and he's still on the floor **Before the stun**)

By doing it at that point on the first one, your 2nd add should be on around 2.0-2.5s.

third add wont need it but if you want do it at 3s or so.

So from timing it right on the first add, you can safely mash Execution Sentence, and itll happen at the right time for subsequent adds (until you reset)
    Last edited by cetraben; 2014-02-19 at 12:13 AM.
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info