Deleted

FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn on STEAM now.

steam store page.

This was pretty unexpected and i was tempted before.. but now with added advertisement im not sure how long ill last. Its also on an awesome 50% off atm so £9.99 for the uk.

Should i get it or wait.. how much new content is being released?
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2014-02-18 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    10 quid for that game is good, wont get cheaper then that, just buy it and worry about things later, you get 30 days free anyways.

also WTB FF15 for a pc release, dont care if consoles get it first, want it on pc, come on SE, stop denying more people to buy your games !, seriously, a strong marketting on steam will sell for pc gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    steam store page.

This was pretty unexpected and i was tempted before.. but now with added advertisement im not sure how long ill last. Its also on an awesome 50% off atm so £9.99 for the uk.

Should i get it or wait.. how much new content is being released?
    £10 is pretty good for the game, $15 a month after that depends on whether you enjoyed it or not. They are supposively doing updates every 3 months, think the last one was a month ago.

Just a warning, combat will seem very slow at the start - give it time.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    £10 is pretty good for the game, $15 a month after that depends on whether you enjoyed it or not. They are supposively doing updates every 3 months, think the last one was a month ago.

Just a warning, combat will seem very slow at the start - give it time.
    yeah im probably going to buy a gift copy

That's a pretty good deal. I'd say it's definitely worth £10 since there's quite a few hours worth of content to go through. If you're a fan of the typical RPG model and enjoy reading quest text and watching cut-scenes then you'll likely get your money's worth. As for new content it's roughly available every three months or so and they typically add a few new dungeons and extend the main storyline and side quests with each new content patch. It's fairly easy to 'catch up' at this point too - random dungeons reward a huge amount of bonus experience once per day and at max level they reward you with the currency needed to purchase high end equipment.

I wonder if there is a way to officially register it with Steam despite having bought it at launch and registered the code already. Doesn't seem to want to accept my code. Bummer. I was wondering just the other day if it would come to Steam. My fiance loves the game and gets me to dip my toes in every now and then.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy the game, but not on Steam.

Logging onto Steam first to be able to log onto FFXIV reminds me of logging onto PlayOnline first before logging onto FFXI...

That tune still haunts me....

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

Logging onto Steam first to be able to log onto FFXIV reminds me of logging onto PlayOnline first before logging onto FFXI...

Eh, I enjoy playing games in Steam. It gives me a friends list, let's people bugger me for DotA matches, and give me that nice little overlay so I can look up wiki things while I play without tabbing out. I've grown fond of it.

There doesn't seem to be a way to register the account with Steam after the fact though. Bummer. I'll have to stay in the realm of "NON-STEAM GAME" when it comes to FFXIV.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

difference is, once youve logged onto steam, it stays in the background, so its a 1 time deal at the start of the day, even if youve dced, its a log back into the game with the launcher.

and yes, buy on steam, ffs dont say that, the more people buy from steam, the better impression it gives just to how many willing pc gamers are willing to purchase their games, i want to see a bigger pc library coming out of SE, buying from steam helps encourage that.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-19-square-enix-definitely-interested-in-bringing-future-final-fantasy-games-to-pc

worth a read

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even remember the last time I had to log into steam xD. That said, I'd still rather not play MMOs through steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    difference is, once youve logged onto steam, it stays in the background, so its a 1 time deal at the start of the day, even if youve dced, its a log back into the game with the launcher.

and yes, buy on steam, ffs dont say that, the more people buy from steam, the better impression it gives just to how many willing pc gamers are willing to purchase their games, i want to see a bigger pc library coming out of SE, buying from steam helps encourage that.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sy-games-to-pc

worth a read
    You can run launcher directly, no need to run steam

Deleted
    then people should have no excuses regarding steam then, but i will now point people towards steam to buy it, more people that buy it from there, the more likely and im predicting they will defo release future ff titles on the PC, people really need to support the platform, the link i provided is a good read

I buy a lot of games on steam, but i don't like to buy MMO's on steam unless there is a really good deal.

I see no purpose in buying them there, you run the game and... there is the launcher, any update will happen out of steam, you'll log-in to the game out of steam... so... why steam? so in mmo's i go directly to the source.

Anyway, there is no problem using steam for these kind of games, i simply don't like to have something just to run a launcher, with no real benefit. If i could play those games with my steam account, without having to login again each time i hit play, with a fast and easy way to pay for things with my steam wallet (some in-game shops of some games work with it), with any update to the game directly downloading from steam... then hell yes, i would totally wan't to play them on steam.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-02-20 at 12:54 PM.

The main reason people buy it on Steam is so they fund their sub with Steam Wallet. For instance, taking part in the marketplace and selling TF2 hats/DotA trading cards/etc. If you're smart, you can essentially play the game for free.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

=\ I personally had an issues with steam when it installed my game... The "play" button would cause the launcher to crash before the client could even boot... Working on a number of solutions right now, but so far, no luck. >,<!... Current attempt is installed the game from the ARR site itself instead of through steam, hopefully that works. x.x

Just bought the game, any recommendations in terms of what server? Would prefer a larger one, but (if it exists like in WoW), not one so large that it has queue times.