Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Retired, really? My RAF is still active for a month perhaps you're from a different planet playing a different game.
    The Scroll of Resurrection Retires





    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    The time has come to bid adieu to the Scroll of Resurrection. It’s served its divine purpose, but like most scrolls, it only has so many charges before it loses its magic and crumbles into ethereal dust. For those who’d still like a chance to use the scroll, you have until February 18 before players are no longer able to send invitations. For those who have an invitation outstanding, that’s still good for 30 days from the time it was sent, after which point the invitation will expire and the benefits can no longer be claimed.

    For additional information on the Scroll of Resurrection, please visit our FAQ.

    Patch 5.4.7 Live This Week
    Patch 5.4.7 is going live this week, with a new PvP season, Level 90 Boost preparation, and other assets for future use.

    •Season 15 PvP gear will use the same models as Season 14, but with the colors available to each faction switched.
    •There will be some minor adjustments to Heroic Garrosh (10).
    •The Level 90 boost feature will be added in this patch, but no announcement has been made as to when it will actually be available.
    •This patch and launcher updates prepared things for the Warlords of Draenor pre-order, but no date has been announced yet.
    •The Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition mount and pet are included in this patch.
    •The Scroll of Resurrection ends on Tuesday, so be sure to send out any final invitations before then.•No new realm connections are currently listed for this week.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2014-02-19 at 05:28 AM.

  2. #802
    The Patient Nickop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia NSW
    Posts
    259
    I don't see the big deal here i have leveled at least 5 characters to 90 and im honestly bored of doing it now, so if i want to spend 60 bucks one day to skip all of it whats the problem?

  3. #803
    they got rid of scroll of rez cause old players coming back could get a free 80 with that, that's conflict of interest while trying to sell them 90s

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    3 days of hardcore grinding morning noon and night maybe. It takes me months at any sane reasonable pace.
    10 hours with RAF from 1 to 85. Did it a month ago in full heirlooms. That is 1,5 hour a day. With the 85-90 content XP boosted next expac, too. You call that insane? Semi hardcore raiding is 12 hours a week or so. So in one week, during your reroll, you're nearly max level.

    Those who don't want to pay should've done RAF and went with quickly leveling up some chars to 85. After all, you can get them to 90 next expansion very quickly.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  5. #805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The value of "n" varies from person to person.

    For me it was about 5-7, when I ran out of unique zones/dungeons to level in.

    Although I had fun on another 3-4 toons after the Cata revamp made it interesting again.



    I wish people would stop repeating this shit.

    3 days of hardcore grinding morning noon and night maybe. It takes me months at any sane reasonable pace.
    They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.

    Edit: Though this was with an alt with mostly full heirlooms.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    The Scroll of Resurrection Retires
    SoR is something different.

    I told you my RAF is still active. RAF is active for 60 days. We connected RAF a month ago, so...
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  7. #807
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Would be a somewhat appropriate price at least. Not too cheap, but also not overly expensive.
    It's pricey enough to deter all but the most adamant in boosting another toon after using their "free boost" that came with WoD and that was probably the whole point as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  8. #808
    Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.

  9. #809
    Stood in the Fire Daemaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Great Void
    Posts
    433
    RAF just got an upgrade, they're not retiring it, in fact they said they wanted to make the "purchase a level 90" price a reasonable alternative to buying two box copies and dual boxing your levels. 60$ is not that price.

  10. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.
    If I do it in 10 hours with 300% and you do it in 82 hours with 100% both with heirlooms then the culprit can only be "a lot of AFK time" indeed. It is taking you 2,7 times longer than me.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  11. #811
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    I don't see the big deal here i have leveled at least 5 characters to 90 and im honestly bored of doing it now, so if i want to spend 60 bucks one day to skip all of it whats the problem?
    Only thing I see is why pay an expensive amount of money to lvl 90 lol, I wouldn't pay that much. Might have well light $60 on fire imo it's the same thing. instant lvl 90 is not worth $60 to me maybe $20 or $25, but even that is too much. I could lvl within a week and and not have to waste that much money.

  12. #812
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmhollio View Post
    Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.
    You're willing to blow $60 per alt to boost them 5 levels? Man, if I had money to burn like that I wouldn't even be on WOW at all, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmhollio View Post
    Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.
    lol from 85, it takes a day or two at most.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    You're willing to blow $60 per alt to boost them 5 levels? Man, if I had money to burn like that I wouldn't even be on WOW at all, lol.
    I know right? lol

  14. #814
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Only thing I see is why pay an expensive amount of money to lvl 90 lol, I wouldn't pay that much. Might have well light $60 on fire imo it's the same thing. instant lvl 90 is not worth $60 to me maybe $20 or $25, but even that is too much. I could lvl within a week and and not have to waste that much money.
    The high price is meant to make the boost a weighty decision on the player's part and deter the frivolous boosting most alt-heavy players were hoping to take advantage of if the price of the service was significantly cheaper. Mission accomplished, lol. Using my free boost and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    While I'm not satisfied with the price of their services, it's a fallacy to think that leveling is the only content that matters. For many people it is the end game content, which is what Blizzard excels and focuses on, that matters. They are paying extra to play only the parts of the game they enjoy. That's not exactly how you're painting it.
    The solution is not to make you pay to skip the unenjoyable part. It's to fix the unenjoyable part.

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    The high price is meant to make the boost a weighty decision on the player's part and deter the frivolous boosting most alt-heavy players were hoping to take advantage of if the price of the service was significantly cheaper. Mission accomplished, lol. Using my free boost and that's it.
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.

  17. #817
    so how much is it on EU servers? 60 euro? -.-
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

  18. #818
    Mechagnome Tripz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In some small dive."
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.
    I've leveled 9 characters to 90, I really don't want to level another character from 1 to 90. It's not pathetic, it's keeping me sane and getting me the Shaman I've never wanted to level up until recently. And for what... 60 dollars? I make that in 3 hours of work nowadays.

    Bottom line, the opinion you have provided is useless and not constructive. I recommend Seppuku
    Last edited by Tripz; 2014-02-19 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I've leveled 9 characters to 90, I really don't want to level another character from 1 to 90. It's not pathetic, it's keeping me sane and getting me the Shaman I've never wanted to level up until recently. And for what... 60 dollars? I make that in 3 hours of work nowadays.
    With WoD Pre purchase or w/e you'll get a free instant 90 anyways. You lvled 9 already how is one more gonna hurt you?

  20. #820
    Bloodsail Admiral Cryonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SYS 64738
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    I don't think leveling your nth character 1-90 is fun.
    Fixed it for you.

    OT: Anyone know why they put in option to buy lvl 90 boost then removed it when servers went back up again. (not that I want to buy one, just curious)
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 55 ::..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •