Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krelios View Post
    I agree with your first point, which makes me not understand your second point at all. How can you hold both (conflicting) opinions?
    Because I understand how trivial it is for blizzard to shift a handful of bits and make my character level 90.

Just because something is worthwhile doesn't mean it's not over-priced. Let me give you an example.

A mage in a city is selling portals for 100 gold per portal. Now let's say you are well-geared, and skilled at the game, and you know in the time it takes you to get from where you are to where you want to be portaled, you could make at least 100 gold, probably more. It's worth your time/money to buy the portal, but that doesn't mean it's not a greedy pig-fisted price to charge for spending 10 whole seconds casting one fucking spell.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Your'e sure there is still a free boost with WoD? Seems like something Blizzard would do and pretend they never said that and just make it $60. If it's after the freebie then my first paragraph can be ignored.
    Yes, I'm sure. And no, Blizzard has never done anything like that.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    dungeon keeper.
    *shudder*

I hate EA for what they have done to that game. And that's not any kind of petulant teenage "hate". This particular hate comes from a patient and measured person in their late 40s who played that game to death when it came out and was all excited when he heard a remake was coming out. May EA execs burn in a special kind of hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    In your opinion

Except this is a sub based game, and you need to pay to play it.

Nope, because you can earn it in game AND (emphasis on the following) It doesn't effect other players or endgame content.
    Oh so you think the richer you are the more advantages you should be given? Its not my opinion its the very basis of on line computer games.

You pay 1 fee for access to the servers - they need to be paid for.

You can earn BIS items in game - would it be OK to sell them too?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Oh so you think the richer you are the more advantages you should be given? Its not my opinion its the very basis of on line computer games.

You pay 1 fee for access to the servers - they need to be paid for.

You can earn BIS items in game - would it be OK to sell them too?
    No, but fortunately these situations are not the same.

Fair price.

I'm about 75% against the paid 90.

Nonetheless, it should definitely be more than a character transfer or faction change ($25 and $30, respectively). Otherwise, it would be more logical to just buy new toons as opposed to transferring. So the $60 seems right.

I would be more interested in, say, a $30 boost to 90 from level 60 (or something similar).

I mean, because you all are being forced to pay the $60 for a lvl 90? Stop whining.

It's an option for people who want to spend the money. Blizzard is a business, they can(and will),
    use every trick in the book to make money. Employees have to get paid somehow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So now there are two people that either don't work with databases and/or are lousy at metaphors.
    I cant make it any plainer for you. Perhaps you don't understand and/or are lousy at the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Because I understand how trivial it is for blizzard to shift a handful of bits and make my character level 90.

Just because something is worthwhile doesn't mean it's not over-priced. Let me give you an example.

A mage in a city is selling portals for 100 gold per portal. Now let's say you are well-geared, and skilled at the game, and you know in the time it takes you to get from where you are to where you want to be portaled, you could make at least 100 gold, probably more. It's worth your time/money to buy the portal, but that doesn't mean it's not a greedy pig-fisted price to charge for spending 10 whole seconds casting one fucking spell.
    So you think it's worth your time/money to buy the portal but you don't think that the mages time, and the time he spent getting to the level to be able to cast the spell isn't worth compensation? Things should just be given to you out of the kindness of their hearts?

Making a character level 90 is a very easy thing to do for Blizzard. The reason it's so expensive is to deter everyone from using/abusing the system. It is created to be used sparingly. It's the same reason the store mounts are stupidly expensive at $25 because that will keep them rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    No, but fortunately these situations are not the same.
    Whats the difference, they both save you time?

Perfect price. It will keep it from being too popular. It's optional. Don't like it? Don't pay for it. This will keep millions of kiddies from boosting chars non-stop and being unable to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Awesome.

Quite a reasonable price considering how much money stupid players spend for buying unlocks on phone games like candy crush, castle clash and dungeon keeper.
    Don't even get me started on this abomination of a game. It looks like it could have been a solid game but as soon as I got out of the tutorial and it said it was gonna take 24 hours for my imp to knock down 1 wall. Something that was baseline and just part of core functionality of the game that IS REQUIRED! after I saw that I just uninstalled it. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to hack it and just remove the micro transaction garbage.

I love Blizzard for making it cost 60$, level 90's shouldn't be cheap for lazy-asses.

You really don't understand the difference between selling BiS gear and selling a boost to 10 levels below the level cap? Even though they're starting when it currently is the level cap it won't be like that for long and the gear is subpar to what is easily gotten on the Timeless Isle. If you can't understand the difference on your own I'm not sure someone explaining it to you will help.

whenever you try to save time, you are spending one other's time.

Actually rather glad it's that expensive. So many people complained that 'Everyone will be doing it, leveling is pointless now'. Now, unless you really, really, REALLY want it, you're not getting it, but it's at least an option. They've met everyone half way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Too many "should"s. It doesn't matter what "should" happen. They're a business, what matters is "will this make money". It's great to be altruistic and all, but you don't make a ton of money if you're only interested in what's best for the game experience.
    Blizzard were a company that championed that ethos. Now they are stooping to boosting for money. EA make money but everyone seems to hate them. You cant simply justify every decision with "they are here to make people" when the consumer suffers.

Blizzard were a company that championed that ethos. Now they are stooping to boosting for money. EA make money but everyone seems to hate them. You cant simply justify every decision with "they are here to make people" when the consumer suffers.
    How is the consumer suffering? If the price is too high for you simply level on your own. Personally I can afford it but still won't use it. Not suffering at all.