Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not up on EU yet :s

Deleted
    The most fucked up shit is that EU will pay 82 dollar for this. 17 euro's more then usa Rly don't understand why they keep fucking us and we just let them do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    The most fucked up shit is that EU will pay 82 dollar for this. 17 euro's more then usa Rly don't understand why they keep fucking us and we just let them do it
    Where are you getting this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyard View Post
    its not up on EU yet :s
    I don't believe it is up in the US either, they just priced the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Dont understand why fanboys laugh at kids because they cant roll fotms. Fotms are actually rerolled by fanboys. They dont care about the prices, they are willing to put all the shit money they earn on games.

If they put a mount in the store for 250 bucks then the fanboys would argue with something like "oh now only pros can get that mount the kids cant get one yay win!" Whenever i see a fanboy i think its either a girl gamer or a boy gamer stuck in friendzone.

The result is more girls playing competive games (these kind of games are for men because of their competive natures) and men being on friendzone (because they think that they are equal to girls and stort devolving).

So basically nowadays younger men and women are trying to be equal to eachother, which is ofc against the nature and its showing what kind of effect it has on game.

And for example gaming companies are trying to go their ways. "OH MY GOD BIG UPDATE TO YOUR GAME!" A normal human being: "Cool, update in my old game?" "YEAH WE ADDED A STORE SO PEOPLE CAN BUY CARPAINTS THAT YOU WASTED 50 DAYS FOR!" A normal human being: "I QUIT!" And ofc every girly friendzone boy and girl gamer: "Dont like it? Dont buy it. I like it. Stop whining."

Man the horror. One day you might be able to buy to skip classes and get a grade..
    What does any of this have to do with a leveling boost? It just seems like you wanted to go on a rather sexist rant about girls and video games. More girls playing games should be a good thing. It creates a more diverse and equal community, no matter what game it is.

As for the boost, I dont really feel affected by it. I wont ever use it and I doubt my guild will, and since we arent recruiting, i doubt I will ever actively be engaged with people who are affected by it. Company does what company wants I guess

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    So we (EU) will pay 83 dollar for this. That's 17 euro's more then usa. Rly why do they keep f**king us and why do we still let them do it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OniRyo View Post
    Where are you getting this information from?
    because blizzard policy is 60 dollar = 60 euro
    But in practice 60 euro is 83 dollar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baal-80 View Post
    This. This needs to be reiterated a thousand times. I can't agree more with what you said and you summed it up perfectly. Chapeau bas!
    No. This should not be reiterated because it is stupid.

Buying everything in the store won't make your character better than someone who didn't buy anything.

ITT : just cry babies because they don't want others to skip useless and not fun content by paying.

Who has fun while leveling ? Probably some people but most of the people ? No. You have fun when you play the game at max level with your friend and the big part of the community. Of course you can have fun with your friends while leveling together but how many people do that ?

The complaints will only become legitimate the second that Blizzard allows to buy better or equal non cosmetics things in the store. Only then you can call WoW a P2W / F2P.

This won't change ANYTHING for people who don't use this service. You guys will see the same number of noobs in LFR or PvP because this game is not a F2P/P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by yaced View Post
    Cetainly higher than I expected. I dislike the way Blizzard are going with their business model. It's a very very slow creep and if all of the current real money items were put into the game in one go there would be a huge backlash. I do worry what's next.
    I'm not seeing anything to really worry about. It's not like they're selling level 90's with BiS gear. They're allowing you to skip levelling and rudimentary gearing. The gear the new toon comes with is worse than what you can get as catchup gear on Timeless.

This is just a convenience tool for those who have more cash than time (or are more willing to spend cash than time). It is very far from pay to win. The pet shop and mount shop is cosmetic only. From a business standpoint, this and the vanity items are an excellent move. They require very little in the way of development time, there's virtually no distribution cost, and they're not mandatory to play the game. Honestly, they should have done this years ago.

Get used to the fact that they are going to be selling this stuff. It doesn't hurt anyone in the least, and y'all act like it's a sin for Blizzard to make money on their product. They are, after all, a for profit company.

Deleted
    Wow....60$? I think I'm just gonna level an alt the conventional way.

Deleted
    Hope chinalevelers will adapt and fight that price
    Well Idc... I buy ~4 wow battlechest every chrismas and hence have full year raf rdy for any reroll action I want to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Who has fun while leveling ? Probably some people but most of the people ? No. You have fun when you play the game at max level with your friend and the big part of the community. Of course you can have fun with your friends while leveling together but how many people do that ?
    I don't like towing this particular line, but it has to be said:

What on earth are you basing that on?

I'm sorry, but you can't possibly hope to corroborate any of what you've just typed. And, in fact, I think the opposite is true and have just as much evidence to prove it as you do.

Don't try and shove your preferences onto others. Cognitive bias is cute, but unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    The complaints will only become legitimate the second that Blizzard allows to buy better or equal non cosmetics things in the store. Only then you can call WoW a P2W / F2P.
    Still even if they do that ... Blizzard is a profit company so it's justified.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Still even if they do that ... Blizzard is a profit company so it's justified.
    And even then, the fanboys will wail that it's still not pay to win because "omg u still hav to kill boss urself lol".

Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    And even then, the fanboys will wail that it's still not pay to win because "omg u still hav to kill boss urself lol".
    I think they will say ... so what if it's p2w ... it does not affect you in any way when/how somebody else gets the gear.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    uh, WoD comes with a free 90, correct?

I assume the xpac will cost $39 or something. so why the hell would I pay $60 when I could just pay $39?
    As others have already said:

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    People not understanding that with the free boost to 90 feature, anyone could take advantage of it by buying a new account under the same name, boosting a new character to 90, and then transfering it over:
    Bchest - $20
    MoP - $20
    WoD - ~$40 USD
    xfer - $25
    Total: $105

So the model is Cost of WoD < Cost of 90Boost (legitimate) < Cost of 90Boost (illegitimate)
    Which makes sense..
    To buy a level 90 outside of buying the individual boost you'll need to make a new account, buy all of the expansions and transfer your level 90 to your main account, which is more expensive than the boost itself.

Deleted
    60$ may be fine for the working gamer who values her time at a much higher rate, but it is way too much for students and younger players.
    If it is really 83 euros in Europe that's a complete rip-off and Europeans are in effect subsidizing their American cousins, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    60$ may be fine for the working gamer who values her time at a much higher rate, but it is way too much for students and younger players.
    If it is really 83 euros in Europe that's a complete rip-off and Europeans are in effect subsidizing their American cousins, as always.
    Stundents and younger Players have enough time to simply enjoy leveling up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudgnome View Post
    Why are you people whining about it being too expensive? It's not a bad thing that everyone and their dog can't get a lvl 90 easily.
    Nobody here is actually whining. They're just giving their opinions about a piece of news on the internet and each one is valid. That is what online forums are for. Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

Even if this thread wasn't full of opinions and just pure fact after looking into the future you wouldn't see much difference. Nobody is going to buy this. I mean that relatively of course. I doubt anywhere near even 1% of the player-base will shell out the price they're asking. Even if it's halved the price would be too high. A price-point of around $20 would be the maximum to make it worthwhile. This isn't a mount or pet unique to the store that people are willing to shell out for. It's something people can do themselves, have done themselves for years, and will do themselves for more to come. You might be surprised how frugal people can be for something they don't technically have to pay for.

The strange thing is that you wouldn't have to have been following the WoW community or development of the game for even a year to realize the price is ridiculous; let alone a developer of the game. Even a MoP baby couldn't come up with this crap. I don't know who on Earth set this price but they couldn't possibly any more out of touch with the people who play the game. This shows us once again it's not the Blues or the developers that actually have passion for the game and the people who play it that are pulling the strings these days. It's the corporate overlords. Nothing new there.

Can't wait to see this system flounder, fail, and get it's price massively reduced a couple of months after it's implemented once Blizz realizes it's players aren't as stupid as they seem to think. It will be sweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    I don't like towing this particular line, but it has to be said:

What on earth are you basing that on?

I'm sorry, but you can't possibly hope to corroborate any of what you've just typed. And, in fact, I think the opposite is true and have just as much evidence to prove it as you do.

Don't try and shove your preferences onto others. Cognitive bias is cute, but unhelpful.
    Does anybody force you to use this boost ? No.

That's the complete opposite of what you guys are trying to do : force the leveling process to other people because you want to experience the leveling process.

You have fun leveling ? By all means, do it but don't cry because other people have money and don't want to level another character.

The people who cry about this boost level in the store are the one who want to control the way other people want to play not the opposite.

Once again : nobody is forcing you to use this service and it won't affect you in any way if other people use this service or not.