Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Protectors is harder than Norushen. You just have to be on top of getting people cycled through the purification process asap and getting unpurified people to kill the adds to damage the boss. That's where a big part of the "DPS check" really is.

No one should fail at Norushen, it's kind of a dps check BUT the quicker your dps cleanses corruption the better off you are. Just make sure they know to always kill adds (since the damage done to them still transfers to norushen) and to make sure to NEVER have DPS soak orbs. Tanks can easily handle orb soaking so long as you send out the big adds at a steady pace. Healers never go in, and you CAN 2 heal we do that but it's hectic, 3 heal is recommended.

Recap: Send dps in and get cleansed asap, communicate who kills manifestations (1 kills, 1 waits), healers heal (no need to get purified), and Tanks alternate going in and soaking the orbs.

You're gonna get close to the enrage until you gear up more, but it's doable. Just keep in mind that once the enrage hits it's over, no kiting anything...it's a 1 shot to everyone lol.

not at all, h norushen is FAR FAR FAR easier than protectors is, easier than some normal bosses. I think you will one shot it.

heroic norushen is even easier than normal norushen.

our cycle for orbs is :
    left orb : Best dps, prefer melee, after test focus on boss only -- > any dps
    right orb : 2nd best dps -- > any dps -- > any dps (lowest dps, someone who can take adds easily)
    back orb : for tanks only

we use three healers.

People keep ignoring the OPs 2nd post in which he said they used 6 healers. They are 25man so 10man tactics won't work. In 25 man norushen is definetely harder than protectors. I don't think we had any problems with enrage on protectors back then, but struggled with norushen. This was mainly due finding right tactic for orbs (5 go in at start, 2 healers soak black orbs that come and then 3 dps that soak go in and from then on next 3 dps that soak go in). This was for the proper tactic as we did the 2 healer tactic for the first week before they nerfed ignore orbs tactic.

I think it's possible for you to kill it, but it depends on how quickly you get your dps purified. I recommend dropping to 5 healers for the first kill as well. Even lower amount of healers is possible, but then you need to to different kind of way of handling the adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    People keep ignoring the OPs 2nd post in which he said they used 6 healers. They are 25man so 10man tactics won't work. In 25 man norushen is definetely harder than protectors. I don't think we had any problems with enrage on protectors back then, but struggled with norushen. This was mainly due finding right tactic for orbs (5 go in at start, 2 healers soak black orbs that come and then 3 dps that soak go in and from then on next 3 dps that soak go in). This was for the proper tactic as we did the 2 healer tactic for the first week before they nerfed ignore orbs tactic.

I think it's possible for you to kill it, but it depends on how quickly you get your dps purified. I recommend dropping to 5 healers for the first kill as well. Even lower amount of healers is possible, but then you need to to different kind of way of handling the adds.
    We use 4 dps cleance.In first days we aim to get all dps cleared before boss reach 50% then just burn him down but now we are bit overgeared and boss is on like 20-25% when we are done
    You need to execute order in the each wave of dps who will get in to avoid 4 big sha spawns in one tme We do it like this first person from the group kill Big sha then small adds second kill 1 small ad first then 2 small then 3 small.Everyone cleansed or not have to kill any add who present in the room

Deleted
    We did norushen first from all hc bosses, The big difference here is you have to send people in quicker then normal mode (i believe we have everyone cleansed while the boss is at 70-80%). Also if you are around ilvl 560-565 this should be doable (it was for us and were no cutting edge raiders). Try to get through all the phases first without dying. If you manage to handle mechanics and get everything sorted you can start worry about enrage timers. People dying on norushen hc is bad.. cause you will literally every bit of damage you need. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    This. Stacking them up when Softfoot had Instant Poison actually gave us the kill, before doing so we were hitting the enrage timer; once stacked up, we had a good margin to work with. The only "bad" cleave is if you trigger to Desperate Measures at the same time.
    Some strats actually call for pushing some Desperate Measures together ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Some strats actually call for pushing some Desperate Measures together ...
    Now why would you do that if your aim is to progress as effectively as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Now why would you do that if your aim is to progress as effectively as possible?
    I'd have to look it back up to see what the idea was for sure, but I think it was a way to handle the effect of not pushing certain of the bosses into Desperate Measures for too long, as that for some groups is harder to handle than certain double Desperate Measures combinations, or maybe just a specific one.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    We use 4 dps cleance.In first days we aim to get all dps cleared before boss reach 50% then just burn him down but now we are bit overgeared and boss is on like 20-25% when we are done
    You need to execute order in the each wave of dps who will get in to avoid 4 big sha spawns in one tme We do it like this first person from the group kill Big sha then small adds second kill 1 small ad first then 2 small then 3 small.Everyone cleansed or not have to kill any add who present in the room
    Of course it depends on group skill/gear level. At this point (boss killed at september + full clears for some time) we don't really care what we send there and sometimes even have had 6 big adds at same time and it doesn't hurt too much with proper cooldown usage. The number 3 we found to be optimal for enrage timer and least amount of trouble with lot of adds up. We had quite some trouble when sending tanks in as the big adds tended to one shot random ppl and opted never to send any tanks in and for offtank to pick up all the adds.

Deleted
    There's two questions you need for this:

Do your dpsers have > 550 ilvl?

Do your dpsers suck?

If the answer to either of these is yes just find a new guild, you have to really suck to have any issue with Heroic Norushen.

Deleted
    I don't even consider the first 11 bosses this tier heroics. There is almost nothing difficult about them. If your raiders are halfway decent then it should be a guaranteed one shot.

I'm just giggling at how many people are posting 10 man strats.

First week of heroics we barely killed protectors before enrage, granted for some reason we weren't stacking them up, officers being paranoid or w/e that we'd push 2.

First week of Norushen (discounting zerg strat) we started about a full minute and a half behind the enrage timer. We then tweaked and were a minute behind, tweak, tweak, kill. It may seem overwhelming, but it really is as simple as this. Cleanse the dps as quickly and efficiently as possible. The 2 main ways people do this is to either :

A) rotate the dps in 3 groups, splitting if they're killing large or smalls first. When one group is almost fully up, and everything is clean, the second goes. Everyone is on adds until everyone is cleansed.
    B) start with 3-5 people going down, again these people are splitting which adds they're killing. When a large spawns up top, a dps claims the orb that it drops, and then that dps heads down, regardless of how everything up top is going. if done right this will cycle all of the dps in a pretty efficient manner, having a constant flow of adds but not letting the top get overwhelmed.

We went back and forth between A and B for the first few weeks, we now just stick with B as its easier to let people decide their own fate.

We 5 heal it, sending 2 healers down immediately.

Just remember, the most important thing is kill the adds. If you can get past the chaos in the beginning you win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I don't even consider the first 11 bosses this tier heroics. There is almost nothing difficult about them. If your raiders are halfway decent then it should be a guaranteed one shot.
    Really mate? I think that's the definition of elitist. While the first 11 probably aren't incredibly difficult on 25 man, demanding a 1 shot on all of those is just ridiculous. You one shot Malkorok when you did him first time? Spoils even? How many bosses did you actually one shot on progression?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    We were hitting the enrage on Protectors and even managed to 3 heal Norushen (only need to 2 heal it in reality) so no you won't have any issue at all. Heroic Norushen is by far the easiest heroic.
    Easier than Immersius? Don't give the lad false hope. The difficulty curve goes up at the instance goes on. It's actually one of the best balanced raids Blizzard have ever managed.

No you won't have trouble on Norushen, it was only a tight encounter when it was fresh, the mechanics were a little different and there wasn't much SoO gear. By this point if you're starting it for the first time, 90% of your raid should be kitted in normal gear and you really won't have much trouble with the DPS requirement, it just becomes mechanic management. Can you organise your groups effectively enough and to cycle through fast enough while your DPS kill the adds with enough speed to not blow your raid up. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Easier than Immersius? Don't give the lad false hope. The difficulty curve goes up at the instance goes on. It's actually one of the best balanced raids Blizzard have ever managed.
    According to a lot of people, yeah, it's easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    According to a lot of people, yeah, it's easier.
    I can only assume they're speaking from a 10 man raiders experience because I can tell you on 25, Immersius took us 2 attempts on normal and like 5-6 attempts on heroic. Heroic Norushen took us a few more simply due to organisation involved.

Deleted
    Well, if protectors hit enrage timer, thats a really bad thing. And, Norushen is a dps race, however when we killed Norushen we also downed Immersus with around 30 secs before enrage. You probably need more focus and a bit more gear

IIRC correctly, despite Norushen appearing like a DPS check (since it doesn't really have any other mechanics), it has one of the lowest DPS requirements out of all the bosses.