Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see no major problem with those prices. Leveling is fast as it is, this is just an optional service and is cheap enough for someone who can afford it but expensive enough that not everyones going to do it.

I get 1 free 90 with WoD so I am happy as frankly I dislike leveling alts and if I want to play a mage/lock for the first time ever at high level I can now do so. (played since vanilla and only characters I ever played at max level are a shaman hunter and DK. sad I know!

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    I don't think it's expensive tbh. 100k gold sells for 50 to 100 euro, depending on server. Even at worst case scenario, they charge you about 80k gold for it. I make around 95k per week just by playing the AH, and there are pros who make much, much more than that.

The only people whom this change is going to affect are the Chinese and non-Chinese professional power levellers.

I like levelling, and I'd gladly pay it to get a druid finally, $60 nothing to some people ... but with the free 90 with WoD, I highly doubt I'll ever use it.

Investigate which class is played the least > OP that class > all FOTM rerollers want that class > Some (not all) will use the shortcut to be able to play FOTM > Win.

Bad Blizzard bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    If you believe that Blizzard would enact any of those in the shop you're being foolish. If you think that there's an "end" to WoW, a finish line...you're an idiot.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    think about how long leveling takes. even the fastest of people with heirlooms it will take 1day 15 - 20hrs, now most of you find it a chore to level and get real bored. but take that 1day 20 hours (40 hours total) put a minimum wage on 40hours x £6.50 = £260

As I've said in another thread, the "Free 90" is a way of releasing World of Warcraft 2 while continuing the original. It lets new players start at the same point as the veterans. If they simply released WOW 2, we'd all lose our characters.

The Paid one if pretty obvious. It's because people would have bought it anyway via multiple accounts. $60 seems about right, cheaper than buying new accounts + character transfers, but more expensive than server/faction transferring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Considering I used to spend as much as £180 on a new account because I couldn't be arsed leveling
    Please tell me this is some kind of joke

Deleted
    I think the price is fine. If leveling a 90 is just work for you, then 60 dollars is a good price to skip one week's worth of powerleveling.

On the plus side, it kills the power leveling market the gold farmers offer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't see why people are getting so pissy over this.

It's a paid service that can be obtained within game. If you wanna play on another server you are free to re-roll, character transfer just makes it easier. Name change is pitence anyway and why do people care about names. Guilds can transfer and remake their guild, its just acheivements they save on (and a bank)

People saying this is p2w. Nobody wins here unless they want to save time in the game. I personally don't need to do this as I have 1 of each at 90 (yay nolifing). you will never win at wow.. there is always stuff to do. I think people are QQing for QQ sake.

the only people who will really be affected (kinda) are the people carrying the new 90 through hcs, lfr etc as that person learns the class, if they are even learning. Some people might buy a new 90 on another server to play with mates (I am considering this)

Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    There is literately no reason anymore for them to keep the subscription, there is F2P MMOs out there that aren't half as P2W and yet you people would't spend a cent on it.
    ¬_¬ there is a reason to keep the subscription it makes them money every month from western audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    lvl 90 is far from the finish . lvling 1-90 is less then 10% of the game

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    If you believe that Blizzard would enact any of those in the shop you're being foolish. If you think that there's an "end" to WoW, a finish line...you're an idiot.
    umm you do realise one day it will eventually end maybe in 20 years or 1 but when they arent making any money they will stop making new stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    If the price was lower, I would buy a few level 90s. But seeing as I'm still in school and unable to get a job because of time restraints, I won't be buying any. It's essentially the the price of a whole game.

But after reading the first post or two, it makes sense. You're paying to skip content, which should come at a high price.

Deleted
    I think people are upset because it reveals the underlying mismatch between gamer and company.

You want to have fun, enjoy an experience and feel rewarded.

Blizzard want your money.

Part of feeling enjoyment and rewarded is not knowing the other side of the equation, for many people. It's also about having a level playing field within the game. I quit wow some time ago, couple of months into SOO because I feared this was the direction blizzard were heading in. They have dropped the ball in core gaming aspects due to pressure from suits (or maybe cynicism) on both Wow and SC2 (D3 was a total cash grab/skinner box from the outset... lets not even go there.)

Escapism is much more difficult when real life intrudes. I am certain many of wows players don't have much going on IRL, they are young, students, unemployed etc etc, leaning towards the broke side and seeking cheap escapism. It's hard to escape when real life in the form of other players simply buying success keeps happening all around you.

And it's going to get worse. once the EA microtransaction hemlock has been drunk by investors, there will be no going back. Everything will be buyable, come the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    I am mad I can't afford it. I'm a more than competent player, who enjoys raiding and end-game content, but not leveling. I sincerely don't enjoy leveling. Been doing it for almost a decade now. I enjoy challenge modes and heroic raiding, and the leveling process, with my school and work schedule, and main raiding schedule, is prohibitive. The ability to skip content, that I've already done about 7 times, to get to content I actually enjoy, that's what I'm paying for, and the prohibitive price will limit my boosting experience to just the one free boost. (free, lol) Had the price been in line with most of their other character options, i.e. 25$, I would've purchased two, and I think that situation is gonna play out for lots of people.
    I like everything I'm hearing from you! buying a level 90 should not be a viable option compared to actually playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha, this made me happy. if anyones gonna be stupid enough to buy there way to 90s, they should be stapped for cash.

the boost shouldn't exist anyway.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's the thing, you're still cherry picking. There are games for $60 that give lots of content, but not all of them. That would be like me saying that I got 100~ hours out of Baldur's Gate 2 and I only paid $2.49 for it so any game that costs more than $2.49 is a rip off. See how that doesn't work? Same concept. For every game like BL2 that has dozens of hours of content there are 10 other $60 games that have 10 or less.

And as for your transmog and reputation points, that's the same for any new alt. *shrug*
    We are talking about new alts. Alts meaning, "I've seen all this before and I just want to get on to the new content." A Level 90 boost shouldn't even be available for purchase unless you already have one level 90+ character on your account.

I'm not talking about a boost for a brand new player that has never seen the content.

My point about content price is just that - regardless if you can pick up Baldur's gate for 2.49 - the point is there is almost nothing being acquired for a carbon copy level 90 that cost $60. There is no transmog gear waiting in the inventory. It's an empty character with no reps. It doesn't inherit the achievements/reps/rare items of your other characters except what is in the BoA collections (mounts/companion pets).

It's a steep price for very little product.

10+ Year Old Account
    "but but... my mom only gives 30 bucks pocket money and i wanna go to a party too, fuckin greedy bliz!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..