Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dont see the issue - I dont care if someone fills every slot on their account with 90s. It doesn't affect my enjoyment in ANY way whatsoever. The level grind is NOT a right of passage, nor does it teach you how to play at end game. I stopped playing at the beginning of Wrath, and came back a few months ago. Guess what? I had NO idea how to play any of my classes once I reached 90. The changes were vast for my classes but I learned. It comes down to old school elitism.

So what? I boost to 90, I still have to gear up. I still have to grind honor/justice/valor. I still have to level profs, I still have to learn the fights and soon, I STILL have to grind out another 10 levels. I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned with how other people play the game or spend their money. So you wipe in LFR, life actually continues if you leave the instance with no loot/valor.

I'm not a fan of judging people but if you think blizzard needs to get rid of the 90 boost, you are a selfish, simple person that is more concerned with what other people are doing and blaming "bads" because you cant find a guild that works for you and the way you want to progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost416 View Post
    I'm not a fan of judging people but if you think blizzard needs to get rid of the 90 boost, you are a selfish, simple person that is more concerned with what other people are doing and blaming "bads" because you cant find a guild that works for you and the way you want to progress.
    You're not a fan of judging people and that's good because you're horrible at it.

Just because I (and others) don't think some one should be buying 90s I'm selfish and blame others because I can't find a guild?
    NAILED IT. *eye roll*

Like seriously? How do you go from just being selfish to not finding a guild? I smell some personal issues on that one. It escalated pretty quickly.

That was a really, really, REALLLLLY stupid statement. But fine, you can have your opinions. even if they are wrong
    Everyone has the right to have that.

You over-looked some reasons for not liking the instant 90, its not about the two week casual grind or a right of passage, its more than that. And THAT is not being simple minded.
    Last edited by lacorpse; 2014-02-23 at 04:13 PM.

part of my disgust is, awhile back blizzard telling us we had to live with the (still) glitchy CRZ because it was more important to have the world more populated, now they are letting people pay to bypass the CRZ zones which seems to tell me they really don't care how populated those old would CRZ zones are if they are willing to let people pay to bypass it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCorpse View Post
    You over-looked some reasons for not liking the instant 90, its not about the two week casual grind or a right of passage, its more than that. And THAT is not being simple minded.
    This person is correct. Being able to see the bigger picture of Blizzard charging you to skip their game that you pay monthly for instead of fixing the leveling experience and leaving the precious blizz store out of it is indeed not being simple minded.

Being simple minded IS in fact saying that you can't wait to buy level 90s because leveling is too hard and your ADHD can't handle it.

I promise you this is a giant step to WoWs demise.

And Blizzard will Exploit you. every patch there will be one OP (way OP than the current) class intentionally by Blizzard, and the players blindly buy a level 90 if they don't already have that class. Only few in here can see the 'bigger picture'; watch the video in my sig.
    Last edited by Elian; 2014-02-23 at 06:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    And Blizzard will Exploit you. every patch there will be one OP (way OP than the current) class intentionally by Blizzard, and the players blindly buy a level 90 if they don't already have that class. Only few in here can see the 'bigger picture'; watch the video in my sig.
    That would only be viable ten times per expansion at most. While possible it wouldn't be a viable market strategy or that big of a picture.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That would only be viable ten times per expansion at most. While possible it wouldn't be a viable market strategy or that big of a picture.
    yea, it TOTALLY wouldn't be a viable strategy for a chance for addition $60 every 4 months or so from a player who want to play the OP class

60$ seems a little extreme I will be staying away from the insta 90. Hell ill just level it, 60$ is a new game or 4 months sub....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    yea, it TOTALLY wouldn't be a viable strategy for a chance for addition $60 every 4 months or so from a player who want to play the OP class
    In 4 months you could level 10 classes to 90.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    This person is correct. Being able to see the bigger picture of Blizzard charging you to skip their game that you pay monthly for instead of fixing the leveling experience and leaving the precious blizz store out of it is indeed not being simple minded.

Being simple minded IS in fact saying that you can't wait to buy level 90s because leveling is too hard and your ADHD can't handle it.

I promise you this is a giant step to WoWs demise.
    Sorry? I wasnt aware that the leveling experience is "broken". Unless you consider the fact that there is currently FARRR too much content for any individual character to properly "level" through in a meaningful progression from around 1-80.

Which is really a side effect of the fact that the game is currently pushing 10 years old, has released 4 major content Expantions, upped the level cap 4 (soon to be 5) times, and as a result has had a whiny bunch of the playerbase piss and moan for "faster leveling", which under the current system has resulted in exactly what happened: Them shortening the EXP curve, and adding EXP boosting features like heirlooms / RAF which results in players rapidly out leveling the 1-80 content before they can properly enjoy the way any given leveling zone is set up.

Remember the days where getting to max level required you do to pretty much 90% of the available quests in pretty much 90% of the available zones in an expantion? The PLAYERS demanding faster leveling to get to the end game has directly resulted in Blizzard squishing that down to about about 50% / 30% instead. Hell. With heirlooms and rested exp, I can outlevel outland simply by doing most of Hellfire Peninsula then skipping to Nagrand for a bit.

Please, oh great gameing development mind you: tell me how YOU would "Fix" the current leveling system without needing to completely re-design (yet again) the entire level 1-80 leveling process?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Well, seeing as you can get WoW + BC + Wrath + Cata + MoP for only $40, I don't see how you can justify charging an extra $20 for a single character to be boosted to the maximum level that the current expansion offers, after having to buy the game up to MoP to even access level 90 and associated content to begin with.
    Last edited by Narrative; 2014-02-23 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Please, oh great gameing development mind you: tell me how YOU would "Fix" the current leveling system without needing to completely re-design (yet again) the entire level 1-80 leveling process?
    Pretty much anything that doesn't involve the blizz store is the correct answer.

Pretty much anything that doesn't involve the blizz store is the correct answer.
    Ahh, got it. Completely optional option to boost yourself to 90 and skip all the leveling content you have either A: already done multiple times and have bettter things to do then do yet again, or B: are not interested in because all you really want to do is hit 90 and start catching up to your friends, has completely broken leveling and / or is an unacceptable "fix".

You know, what with it being optional and entirely not required in any way to reach 90.

Reminds me of that time when they added the completely optional flying horse to the store, and suddenly my new characters had no other choice but fork over 25 bucks if i wanted to fly. Oh, wait. They didnt. Because it ws optional.

Beginning to think that an IQ test should be required before Blizzard lets you upgrade to any new Expantion packs, since a base level of intelligence appears to have become completely optional when playing this game.

Do you think I have used the word optional enough yet?

Probably not.

OPTIONAL.

Also, to paraphraze a certain blind plastic wizard "That idea is literally the worst". Seriously, that was the best you could come up with?

I dont understand why you have a problem with, as you call it, "Paying to skip the game you are paying to play", since you are effectively not actually losing anything by doing so. From some people's perspective of the problem, you are ending up with a net gain if you change how you look at it. I could spend 60 bucks to skip leveling and go directly to 90. That 60 bucks has real world equivilent value in time to every person who spends it. It will be different for each individual, but the equivilence is there. 60 bucks for me is about 6 hours. Which is a better investment of my time? Spending 20+ hours on and off leveling to 90 over a week or two, or spending 60 bucks to skip to 90 and then spending that same 20 hours doing far more productive shit with a level 90 character.

It's like reserved seating at a movie theatre. They charge you a bit extra, and you get to reserve your steat. If you dont like it, you are free to go to one of the non-reserved seating shows, but then you might have to line up an hour or two in advance just to make sure you get a decent seat. For most people, paying an extra buck or two is well worth the advantage of not having to stand around in a line wasteing time you could be spending more productively just so you dont have so sit in a shitty seat.

Considering that no matter WHAT I do or do not do with my 60 bucks has absolutely NO impact on you, I really dont see why you have your panties so bunched up for.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-24 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    I personally think it is not high enough, if people are so desperate to use this they should pay more for it

Ahh, got it. Completely optional option to boost yourself to 90 and skip all the leveling content you have either A: already done multiple times and have bettter things to do then do yet again, or B: are not interested in because all you really want to do is hit 90 and start catching up to your friends, has completely broken leveling and / or is an unacceptable "fix".

You know, what with it being optional and entirely not required in any way to reach 90.

Reminds me of that time when they added the completely optional flying horse to the store, and suddenly my new characters had no other choice but fork over 25 bucks if i wanted to fly. Oh, wait. They didnt. Because it ws optional.

Beginning to think that an IQ test should be required before Blizzard lets you upgrade to any new Expantion packs, since a base level of intelligence appears to have become completely optional when playing this game.

Do you think I have used the word optional enough yet?

Probably not.

OPTIONAL.

Also, to paraphraze a certain blind plastic wizard "That idea is literally the worst". Seriously, that was the best you could come up with?

I dont understand why you have a problem with, as you call it, "Paying to skip the game you are paying to play", since you are effectively not actually losing anything by doing so. From some people's perspective of the problem, you are ending up with a net gain if you change how you look at it. I could spend 60 bucks to skip leveling and go directly to 90. That 60 bucks has real world equivilent value in time to every person who spends it. It will be different for each individual, but the equivilence is there. 60 bucks for me is about 6 hours. Which is a better investment of my time? Spending 20+ hours on and off leveling to 90 over a week or two, or spending 60 bucks to skip to 90 and then spending that same 20 hours doing far more productive shit with a level 90 character.

It's like reserved seating at a movie theatre. They charge you a bit extra, and you get to reserve your steat. If you dont like it, you are free to go to one of the non-reserved seating shows, but then you might have to line up an hour or two in advance just to make sure you get a decent seat. For most people, paying an extra buck or two is well worth the advantage of not having to stand around in a line wasteing time you could be spending more productively just so you dont have so sit in a shitty seat.

Considering that no matter WHAT I do or do not do with my 60 bucks has absolutely NO impact on you, I really dont see why you have your panties so bunched up for.
    Be obnoxious all you want. Funny how you talk about IQ but can't seem to see the bigger picture besides the fact that "My ADHD really appreciates blizzard selling me max lvl". You're one argument that its "OPTIONAL" is cool and all, but the fact remains that its another notch in the things you have to pay extra for in this game. A trend that has killed games before. Aside from that, what reason will blizzard ever have to look back at old content and do anything with it, now that any quality of life changes will make their milking machine (your OPTIONAL max lvl) unappealing.

Be obnoxious all you want. Funny how you talk about IQ but can't seem to see the bigger picture besides the fact that "My ADHD really appreciates blizzard selling me max lvl". You're one argument that its "OPTIONAL" is cool and all, but the fact remains that its another notch in the things you have to pay extra for in this game. A trend that has killed games before. Aside from that, what reason will blizzard ever have to look back at old content and do anything with it, now that any quality of life changes will make their milking machine (your OPTIONAL max lvl) unappealing.
    There is no "bigger picture" here to see. I personally wont be using the "buy a 90 feature", since I have enough of them already as it is, but it does not bother me in the slightest that the feature exists, any more then the fact that luxury cars exist that I can not afford to own.

You say that it is "another thing that you have to pay extra for". I dont think you understand what that word means. You can "chose" to pay extra for it if you find the service it offers appealing, but no one is requiring you to pay extra for it if you dont want to.

And how is it going to "kill the game", like you claim it has done to other games before. Paid character transfers have existed for years, the game is still alive. Payed mounts / vanity pets have existed for years, the game is still alive. No currently exsting extra service Blizzard offers for a fee has managed to "kill the game", but you are welcome to trot out that strawman yet again in a futile effort to make us believe that this time, this time the new payed for additional service will totally do it. Honestly. You swear!

Also, nice try there with the clever poke at trying to imply that Blizzard wants the payed 90 feature to be the most appealing way to level to 90. Completely baseless, with absolutely no way to actually back that claim up, but at least it gave me a good chuckle.

What reason will blizzard ever have to look back at old content? I dont know. Ask them what they learned when they re-did the entire level 1-60 leveling experience an expantion ago for Cata. That humongeous expenditure of resources, time and developement assets spent on revamping content that a huge chunk of the playerbase then immediately ignored or power leveled through in their quest to reach max level. You know. Where most of what this game is actually about actually starts.

I realise this is a difficult concept for you to grasp. But this game is not about leveing. It is about what you do once you have reached max level.

Blizzard will still go back and tweak and maintain low level stuff. But that is all they will do. "Maintain" it. Anything else would really be a waste of time / assets better spent on other things, like makeing sure the game moves forward.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-24 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have 7 million people paying me $15 a month. And if I did, I somehow doubt that "pay me for four months worth of game and you can just skip it" would be seen as a remotely acceptable answer. But somehow the combination of addiction and Blizzard-worship leads people to just smile and nod when it comes from Blizzard.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I realise this is a difficult concept for you to grasp. But this game is not about leveing. It is about what you do once you have reached max level.
    if leveling is detrimental content, then Blizzard has full control to remove it entirely from the game, and remove levels entirely. its halfway there anyways with the whole emphasis on itemlevels now.

i think its flawed game design for the experience to be so poor that the owner thinks its a good idea to CHARGE to remove it.

in fact, I'd like to see how people consider this any different from skipping the 'grind' of getting entry level raid or PvP gear. i mean, i don't like to grind levels, so i can just pay $60 and pickup a max level character from Blizzard. what if i dont like to grind itemlevels ? why can't i pay them another $60 and pickup the gear i need without the hassle of having to quest or do dungeons/LFR ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    in fact, I'd like to see how people consider this any different from skipping the 'grind' of getting entry level raid or PvP gear. i mean, i don't like to grind levels, so i can just pay $60 and pickup a max level character from Blizzard. what if i dont like to grind itemlevels ? why can't i pay them another $60 and pickup the gear i need without the hassle of having to quest or do dungeons/LFR ?
    I've little doubt that the Blizzard Marketing department is betting there are a few million players who think exactly that.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    if leveling is detrimental content, then Blizzard has full control to remove it entirely from the game, and remove levels entirely. its halfway there anyways with the whole emphasis on itemlevels now.

i think its flawed game design for the experience to be so poor that the owner thinks its a good idea to CHARGE to remove it.

It makes me sad that there are people out there willing to pay $120 (according to your scenario) to sit in shiny gear they didn't earn in any fashion on a character that you have no emotional ties or history with, yet probably feel accomplished while effectively ruining the game that many of us fell in love with. I say that because Blizzard will get to this point eventually.