Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, since we have the most stable currency, seems to make sense that the Dollar would be used.

If not.....well.....as Skorosec has always said, we do what we need to do to preserve Americas best intrests.
    I always thought that Pound sterling is most stable currency

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    As far as Afghanistan goes, the US and ISAF effort has been heroic. Afghanistan's problems are the fault of Afghans mostly.
    Yeah, like soviet and russian forces doesn't deserve to be in "heroic effort"

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Maybe you're right, honestly I'm not sure.

We scratch their back, they scratch ours, nothing new in politics here.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Not us, other countries. If they all stop using dollars it could mean dire consequences for our economy.
    Yeah. In this magical realm where it rains doughnuts and faucets dispense golden leprechaun juice that will turn any old horse into a flying unicorn.

In other words, we can conjecture about improbable, impossible nonsense till the cows come home. But it's probably not worth talking about.

You want to know how stupid the internet is and most people on it are? How thoroughly and completely stupid it is? How beyond hope it is? If you go on a forum anywhere, since 2007, you will inevitably find one dumb mother fucker who is like "China is going to dump all US Treasuries and cause a panic if the US does X" or "The US is only interested in propping up the Petrodollar" or "the US is broke and the dollar is losing ground to other currencies and will be abandoned by the arabs for use in oil trades".

It's all fucking nonsense bunk. It's stupidity wrapped in a bow tie, marinated and a cesspool of ignorance and anti-americanism.

This shit is thrown out across various forums years on end despite us living in a world where the United State's 3 month, 6 moth, 1 year and 10 year T-Bills are in such hilariously high demand... that demand so vastly outstrips supply... that the US set up special servers for high-frequency purchasing for high-volume buys for Japan, China, US Investors and others. Demand US credit, and so the US dollar, utterly and completely dwarfs what the treasury could ever supply. Because it's the safest investment in the world. Far safer, and more stable than anything else.

That is the facts, of the world in which we live. Every night, somewhere in Stupidville, USA, some clown will write how US currency is worthless, and the next day the treasury will auction debt at an interest rate so low, it's essentially free money. And it's been happening for years.

And to make it even funnier, to just underscore the stupidity of it all, this was part of the Treasury's massive Quantitative Easing that has been so successive, it's turned every BRICS except China into near recession and has seen China's growth get cut in half.

But ever will the dollar be on the precipice, in the mental insane playground of the internet forum. The Dollar has had the best few years in decades, and here we are "on the cliff" somehow.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2014-02-19 at 06:03 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

IDK, I'm not entirely familiar with Soviet war efforts and tactics in Afghanistan, but I do know that most of the landmines that we dig up that kill many civilian non-combatants every year are soviet made.

- - - Updated - - -

Just pointing this out, but....

You do realize , via gross domestic debt (which is the only way of measuring debt in a smart fashion), the U.K. is leagues ahead of the U.S. as far as debt is concerned?

Well, since we have the most stable currency, seems to make sense that the Dollar would be used.

If not.....well.....as Skorosec has always said, we do what we need to do to preserve Americas best intrests.
    Doesn't seem to be america's best interest that is always followed.

Yeah. In this magical realm where it rains doughnuts and faucets dispense golden leprechaun juice that will turn any old horse into a flying unicorn.

In other words, we can conjecture about improbable, impossible nonsense till the cows come home. But it's probably not worth talking about.

You want to know how stupid the internet is and most people on it are? How througly and completely stupid it is? How beyond hope it is? If you go on a forum anywhere, since 2007, you will inevitably find one dumb mother fucker who is like "China is going to dump all US Treasuries and cause a panic if the US does X" or "The US is only interested in propping up the Petrodollar" or "the US is broke and the dollar is losing ground to other currencies and will be abandoned by the arabs for use in oil trades".

It's all fucking nonsense bunk. It's stupidity wrapped in a bow tie, marinated and a cesspool of ignorance and anti-americanism.

This shit is thrown out across various forums years on end despite us living in a world where the United State's 3 month, 6 moth, 1 year and 10 year T-Bills are in such hilariously high demand... that demand so vastly outstrips supply... that the US set up special servers for high-frequency purchasing for high-volume buys for Japan, China, US Investors and others. Demand US credit, and so the US dollar, utterly and completely dwarfs what the treasury could ever supply. Because it's the safest investment in the world. Far safer, and more stable than anything else.

That is the facts, of the world in which we live. Every night, somewhere in Stupidville, USA, some clown will write how US currency is worthless, and the next day the treasury will auction debt at an interest rate so low, it's essentially free money. And it's been happening for years.

And to make it even funnier, to just underscore the stupidity of it all, this was part of the Treasury's massive Quantitative Easing that has been so successive, it's turned every BRICS except China into near recession and has seen China's growth get cut in half.

But ever will the dollar be on the precipice, in the mental insane playground of the internet forum. The Dollar has had the best few years in decades, and here we are "on the cliff" somehow.
    Hey now, someone has to keep the Reynolds aluminum foil company in business, don't go insulting their customer base.

Nah. Because the Soviets were pushing communism, which is a repressive failed system only still beloved by stupid kids on the internet. We're pushing global democratic standards under an international umbrella with the approval of the United Nations and NATO. There is no moral equivalency between the two missions. The Soviet effort was the last stop in the sorry history of Russian Soviet Communism enslaving countries. Our effort... well... let me put it this way. As someone who was directly effected by 9/11, if nuked the entire country, I wouldn't have so much as blinked. But we chose to do something more noble.

It's a damn shame the Afghans after 13 years haven't wanted it as much as we have. They're going to seriously regret that come next year, when there are 3000 ISAF trainers in the country, lawlessness reins, and the US refocuses on places that matter in the Pacific as opposed to yesterdays battlefield.

You want to know how stupid the internet is and most people on it are? How througly and completely stupid it is? How beyond hope it is? If you go on a forum anywhere, since 2007, you will inevitably find one dumb mother fucker who is like "China is going to dump all US Treasuries and cause a panic if the US does X" or "The US is only interested in propping up the Petrodollar" or "the US is broke and the dollar is losing ground to other currencies and will be abandoned by the arabs for use in oil trades".

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however wrong and mislead it may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was king for a day. I'd bring all of our troops home first thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK, I'm not entirely familiar with Soviet war efforts and tactics in Afghanistan, but I do know that most of the landmines that we dig up that kill many civilian non-combatants every year are soviet made.
    There was reports that Mujahideen used to dig up soviet landmines and used them against, well, everyone, even against civilian to force more of them to wade in mujahideen unity thing

Nah. Because the Soviets were pushing communism, which is a repressive failed system only still beloved by stupid kids on the internet. We're pushing global democratic standards under an international umbrella with the approval of the United Nations and NATO. There is no moral equivalency between the two missions. The Soviet effort was the last stop in the sorry history of Russian Soviet Communism enslaving countries. Our effort... well... let me put it this way. As someone who was directly effected by 9/11, if nuked the entire country, I wouldn't have so much as blinked. But we chose to do something more noble.

It's a damn shame the Afghans after 13 years haven't wanted it as much as we have. They're going to seriously regret that come next year, when there are 3000 ISAF trainers in the country, lawlessness reins, and the US refocuses on places that matter in the Pacific as opposed to yesterdays battlefield.
    It's gonna be interesting, we should start taking bets how long it takes Hamid Karzi to hop on the first flight out to Zurich, once the IASF departs.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    If I was king for a day. I'd bring all of our troops home first thing.
    I hope you're never given that chance.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however wrong and mislead it may be.
    Or you know, you could disprove his assertion using facts, historical precedent, or even a well made argument.

Bah, who am I kidding this is MMOC-OT.

but you still think americans gave them freedom and peace? obviously wasn't effective.

There was reports that Mujahideen used to dig up soviet landmines and used them against, well, everyone, even against civilian to force more of them to wade in mujahideen unity thing
    Wouldn't they blow themselves up?

Taliban isn't known for having decent Mine detecting equipment.

10+ Year Old Account

And now i know that you don't know what soviets did in afghan.

Yeah, noble. The whole afghan thing only increased amount of people helping mujahideen, because, you know, religion, jihad, invaders and such.

Or you know, you could disprove his assertion using facts, historical precedent, or even a well made argument.

Just like all the facts and sources he used?

you made two posts that were calling someone stupid because they disagreed with you. must be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    but you still think americans gave them freedom and peace? obviously wasn't effective.
    Eh, as much as I hate responding to anything you post Rayborne....

Fact is, in my opinion the afghan culture is just far to different to ever truly grasp Democracy, and secular rule of law.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like all the facts and sources he used?
    It was a well made articulate argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you made two posts that were calling someone stupid because they disagreed with you. must be embarrassing.
    Quote those posts please.