Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if they removed experience?

And just made so that the loremaster achivement gave max level in WoD? like 1-2 lvls per zone (and add the instace for that zone inti the achive aswell)
    Would be a good solution imo so people can't exploit or cheat their way to max level :>
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2014-02-21 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    how does one cheat or exploit their way to max level?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    so people can't exploit or cheat their way to max level :>
    Are people doing this?

Deleted
    exp remains as it gives them a sliding scale that they can adjust on the fly, if you leveled based purely on lore master achievements it would make them need to redesign zones to ahve the same difficulty across the entire zone as there would be no incremental increase in power over the course of a zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this actually a problem that exists?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Is this actually a problem that exists?
    it's only really a problem if you were to use a farm bot and do something like what that person is doing to try to get to level 90 without out picking a side as pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    how does one cheat or exploit their way to max level?
    Monkey runs, mob tagging, timeless island at low lvl,pay some 90 guy too kill those ever spawning mobs in krasang wilds basiclly stuff you aren't supposed to do, but just do because it's a clever use of game mechanics just to lvl faster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    it's only really a problem if you were to use a farm bot and do something like what that person is doing to try to get to level 90 without out picking a side as pandaren.
    I wouldn't really call picking millions of herbs to get to level 90 excruciatingly slowly an exploit though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this a problem that needs fixed. All it would do is screw over people who use other methods of leveling. For example what about people that lvl through pvp and 5 mans?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I don't see how this a problem that needs fixed. All it would do is screw over people who use other methods of leveling. For example what about people that lvl through pvp and 5 mans?
    Wow isen't supposed to be a "lvl up without ever leaving orgrimmar" game imo, people should go out in the world

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, limiting people's choice how they like to play the game sounds like a good idea.

Deleted
    Wow isen't supposed to be a "lvl up without ever leaving orgrimmar" game imo, people should go out in the world
    and that is why you have multiple choices for how you want to level, so people can level how they want and not the way one person wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can agree that they should atleast try it, but people play for different reasons. I like being out in the world, but I can understand that some might want to solely do dungeons or PvP etc. I don't see what is wrong with that. The game supports it, and the more types of players it supports, the better. As long as it can keep up offering viable content for most that is...

Deleted
    Wow is also supposed to be fun, some people don't find completing every quest in the game fun. It would ruin low level pvp and dungeons and loads less people would run them, I know I wouldn't bother with dungeons without xp. It might make the game a bit more rpg like but it would really make the leveling experience a horrendous task - more so than it is now.

If they really wanted people to get out into the world they'd be better off removing lfg and queuing from the ui for bg's at low levels - or indeffinately. Really they are better off individually fixing the exploitive ways to level than applying a blanket fix that screws over everyone levelling experience.

And that is simply not true.
    WoW is supposed to be a game for different audiences. That means you can play it as you prefer, out in the world, while other players can play it as they prefer, through instances or PvP.

What you think other people should do is both irrelevant and selfish.

And is forced questing better?
    I hate the quests in this game, most are so bad :/

Fake achievement addon= instant 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would this be needed? Who cares how fast someone else levels...?

- - - Updated - - -

Forcing quests is NOT a solution to that. In fact, it would be detrimental. When you're sitting in a LFG group or something like that at endgame, would you want someone who only has experience questing or someone who has experience doing dungeons?

I'm all for people having options. Forcing the playerbase away from group settings and into a solo setting is not good for an MMO. As much as people joke around about WoW being a singleplayer game these days, encouraging that further is awful.

Why not just remove lvl's alltogether? If it's such a problem. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why would this be needed? Who cares how fast someone else levels...?

- - - Updated - - -

Forcing quests is NOT a solution to that. In fact, it would be detrimental. When you're sitting in a LFG group or something like that at endgame, would you want someone who only has experience questing or someone who has experience doing dungeons?

I'm all for people having options. Forcing the playerbase away from group settings and into a solo setting is not good for an MMO. As much as people joke around about WoW being a singleplayer game these days, encouraging that further is awful.
    Was vanilla and TBC forced questing?
    Just remove the lfg/bg tool until max lvl, still nothing is stopping you from getting a grp together while actually lvling, since woulden't that be better for an MMO?

And when i said "in WoD" on the post i meant just 90-100 not everything else