Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How is your guild going to handle transition to 20m?

Since flex/normal guilds won't need to make any changes (in fact the changes for normal will only be good as you won't need to worry about bench players) I'm excluding them. But for heroic guilds transitioning to mythic 20m I have this question:

What is your guild doing now to prepare for it when it comes?

For 10m guilds are you biting the bullet and going 25 now? Or are you going full force and going to kill heroic Garrosh (or as far as you can get) before change? For mid tier heroic guilds, do you plan on gradually going to 20m during WoD and essentially "10m" heroic in WoD and get to 20 before mythic?

For 25m do you plan on cutting people or just going to have a large bench and see who is left after new xpac and aren't going to do anything different?

My 25m guild probably will just have a large bench and assume some will leave when new xpac comes.

My 10m Heroic Guild is aiming for a full Heroic clear before Warlords. We will probably start recruiting once the official release date is announced 2 months in advance, and we have a lot of returning members who are not part of our current core, but who will be joining us in Warlords.

My guild is biting the bullet and going 25m next week. We've had two teams (the second team starting shortly before the WoD announcements) which are 11/14 HC and 6/14 HC. This will be a bit of a setback but I think for a guild like ours, we'll have about equal chances of killing Garrosh HC either way. 25m being slightly easier from what I've heard as far as gearing and composition. We feel that we're pretty far into the tier and so it's best to start making preparations since going 10m > 20m will be a big change for us.

Though it is a good question. We'll be sitting right around 25 members and probably slightly more. With more recruiting we could get better progression through SoO but this would mean a big bench in WoD. As we require high attendance it might be an issue in WoD. But in all likelyhood it will probably work out fine for WoD, there's usually a few stragglers who can't get levelled and geared in the first week. We can rotate people into the new Heroic to keep them geared so being at 25-28 members might not be so bad. I expect a recruiting freeze in WoD and letting things whittle down a bit by attrition though.

10+ Year Old Account
    bench 5 scrubs , easy

Just started heroic stuff here (3 down so far). If Blizz can keep the difficulty up, I don't think for most patches our 10 man will make it to heroic content (we just barely managed to kill lei-shen on normal). If we do, we will probably find another 10 man group and join up.

We have two 10m teams now with a 3rd in construction. Plan is to merge and recruit as necessary. People tend to forget that people aren't going to be stepping into Mythic 20m right from day 1; you still have to level your toons to 100 and clear the other difficulty levels. So there will be time.

Having said that, and taking a completely contrary stance, I admit the idea of forming a 25m team now is appealing and seems to be a popular idea. I've never raided in a 25m team and it would be quite interesting since our two 10m teams now are equally progressed. Here is a noob question... to get guild credit for progression in a 25m team, do you still only need 8 people to be guildies or is it 80%?

Stick to 10 man maybe run 2, I could care less about Heroic or Mythic or whatever you want to call it. I only really want to kill the end boss 1-2 times and be done.

My guild will open recruitment a couple months before WoD hits. we also have a lot of older raiders coming back, our roster should be something like 16-18 just with them.

8/14H atm, aiming for full H clear before 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    We have two 10m teams now with a 3rd in construction. Plan is to merge and recruit as necessary. People tend to forget that people aren't going to be stepping into Mythic 20m right from day 1; you still have to level your toons to 100 and clear the other difficulty levels. So there will be time.

Having said that, and taking a completely contrary stance, I admit the idea of forming a 25m team now is appealing and seems to be a popular idea. I've never raided in a 25m team and it would be quite interesting since our two 10m teams now are equally progressed. Here is a noob question... to get guild credit for progression in a 25m team, do you still only need 8 people to be guildies or is it 80%?
    You realize SoO is going mythic in 6.0 right? So if you are a 10 man guild on heroic content and don't have a 20 man roster by 6.0 you are officially done raiding Mythic (heroic) until WoD is out.

We have already recruited a lot of players and over doubled our roster to 27 players. We're aiming for 28 solid players. We are doing 25 heroic now (we cleared 10 SoO H in late November.) In the end, we'll trim a couple weaker players when Mythic comes out and run ~25 players. Each player I have recruited has had the expectation of competition come Mythic laid out clearly for them, so they know they might get cut from the team if they are weak.

Honestly though, I think enough people will want to quit after another ~5 more months of farming SoO that I might not even need to trim. We'll see.

Deleted
    Spamming our thread on the guild recruitment forums. All we can do really, probably won't have anyone interested until we get H Garrosh down in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaqfu View Post
    You realize SoO is going mythic in 6.0 right? So if you are a 10 man guild on heroic content and don't have a 20 man roster by 6.0 you are officially done raiding Mythic (heroic) until WoD is out.
    Understood. WoD is 6.0 though so when it comes out, we'd plan to focus efforts on leveling to 100 and jumping into the WoD raids. Unless I'm missing something, there wouldn't be much reason to finish out SoO once WoD drops regardless (ignoring cheevos, mounts, etc)? When SoO dropped, we didn't go back and do anymore in ToT.

Understood. WoD is 6.0 though so when it comes out, we'd plan to focus efforts on leveling to 100 and jumping into the WoD raids. Unless I'm missing something, there wouldn't be much reason to finish out SoO once WoD drops regardless (ignoring cheevos, mounts, etc)? When SoO dropped, we didn't go back and do anymore in ToT.
    WoD is NOT 6.0. The patch will come about a month before WoD launches. So during that time, you won't be able to raid heroic SoO, as it will be 20 player.

What? How can that be? (You guys are making my head hurt) If there is a patch before <i> the next xpac WoD </i>, wouldn't it be 5 point something (ie 5.x)? Are we saying that 6.0 will drop and then the raids won't be available for a month after?

And if WoD is not 6.0, what version is WoD? 6.1? Doesn't make any sense.

What? How can that be? (You guys are making my head hurt) If there is a patch before <i> the next xpac WoD </i>, wouldn't it be 5 point something (ie 5.x)? Are we saying that 6.0 will drop and then the raids won't be available for a month after?

It has been that way for every expansion.
    http://wowpedia.org/Mists_of_pandaria

As a 10man guild, try to find another 10man to merge with but merges rarely work well. Probably end up with lots of tears

WoD starting patch is 6.0. However, there will be one last patch of MoP that will also be 6.0 (IIRC from previous expansions) that contains every changes on non-WoD contents (i.e: class changes, talents, etc.).

As 25M guild, my guild just keep business as usual, recruiting to boost our performance & make up for people leaving on the way. Having in-guild competition is usually good for performance, not to mention there are already 5 core raiders reported to be leaving within a month, so...

10+ Year Old Account

To be clear, the expansions have had a patch a few weeks before their release where the new talents, etc are put live and these are always .0 versions of the expansion (i.e MoP was 5.0x, etc). The expansion release version is a later .0 version. For example, the pre-patch for WoD might be 6.0.0 and the release 6.0.1.

The expansion content isn't available, but all of the new mechanisms are. it sounds like this time they're going to release the new raid structure on SoO as a live test of things like Mythic so that they can make sure it's stable in a live environment. I assume the this means Flex SoO becomes the new normal SoO, what's currently known as normal gets rebranded as heroic and becomes flexible too and heroic SoO becomes mythic and is available only in 20 person size.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-02-19 at 07:37 PM.

We (ladies only, us36) bit the bullet and went 25m. Recruiting was pretty frustrating because there aren't too many people with 12/14H or further exp laying around. We recruited a lot of people that were slightly undergeared or under experienced. So far it's gone much better than I expected. We're on Garrosh already after only 5 raid nights. I expect he will die this week too, which would mean a full 25m clear in two weeks after transitioning. I was surprised how much easier the fights were on 25m with the exception of paragons. For WoD we will probably have a 25-26 man roster and just rotate who is best for which fight.

Interesting. I'm a Cata kid who took the summer off before MoP so I was completely oblivious to this. This is going to force me to re-evaluate our strategy now....

Nothing, my guild died in December, thanks to the holidays.