Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The model is great...aside from the hands. They look like a frog...and what's about those 4 finger limbs? Do they have one extra in case one gets cut off or what? =)

I'm pretty 'meh' about the new models - looks like some Pixar film protagonist to me. It's all about the animation though, so we'll see how that turned out.

They do have amazing artists on their teams. That's for sure.

And they will be making so much money out of this feature. Hundreds of thousands character customizations and race changes to be sold. They could even cash in a bit more by not releasing them all at once. There are many people willing to redesign their characters like mad, because "New is always better!" (Barney Stinson) every time they release a new race redesign.

I think this is a great move. It feels like playing in a new engine, stays true to the comic style, makes them earn a lot of money, dramatically increases appeal to new players who were thrown off by the graphics before. It might even be start of a WoW renaissance if they get their content design right in WoD.

going 100% female orc again!

Looks awesome. Nothing more to say.
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Overall who really sits and gawks at their characters for hrs on end? lol
    I do, every raid night. Dat waggle. :<

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Nailed it. The art work, I mean.
    I lol'd.

Looks good, might actually consider rolling a femal orc now o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    "Even Mr. Fantastic would've been impressed by that stretch"

Gnome hair still looks way too crappy... poligonal and with ugly texture stripes...

Is that a male or female orc model Hm.

I think you just gave this orc some soul, splendid work, must be alot of fun to do all this, to accomplish with such great things! I'm dying to wait before the female Night Elf, also male NE and Human would be cool to see.

Keyboard Turner
    Still waiting for the Female and Male versions of Druid forms :3

Love it! Nothing more to say ....

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    Never been so proud of being a member of the horde! Now let's how Female Troll will look like.
    I think that troll female will be like High Priestess Mar'li.

Gotta say you people are really shallow... i hope this isnt how you treat men and women in real life just based on looks.

"I may roll a orc now" "Worthy of being a horde now" "She's sexy and im a virgin" etc

I play for the GAME PLAY not the graphics.

Still missing nelf, human male, trolls, female cow? Cant be long for beta now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Gotta say you people are really shallow... i hope this isnt how you treat men and women in real life just based on looks.

"I may roll a orc now" "Worthy of being a horde now" "She's sexy and im a virgin" etc

I play for the GAME PLAY not the graphics.
    Lol...stop being silly. This is indeed a game, people wanting their toons to look good and nice doesn't at all suggest they are shallow and treating people badly based on looks IRL. If you haven't noticed by now, this orc looks NOTHING like a real human.

You can play for the game play all you like, others appreciate the graphics as well as the gameplay. Duh. The current female orc feels very stiff in animations and her face has no character compared to the male. They have fixed this with this new model and it's no wonder people are drawn toward that.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2014-02-20 at 11:53 AM.

That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    No, they just confirmed that brown skinned orcs exist. The vast majority of NPC orcs on Draenor will be brown skinned ones and of course they are going to use the new models for them as well. This may point to them at least considering opening up the brown skin as an option, but it does not confirm anything.
    I think you're wrong. First off, they say "our ... heroine", which pretty much means the player. They didn't say "our ... orcs", which indeed would indicate that it might just be for NPCs, but the way they're wording it and expressing it makes it pretty obvious that this is indeed intended for the player.

This one looks so good. She looks more like an orc female now instead of an empty puppet she used to be . Looking forward!

I can honestly say that, even though I love dwarves, this is the best one yet. The HUGE difference between the old one and the new is just astonishing. She's got more soul and attitude than any of the other characters so far imo. Female troll, tauren and belf still left but still...the before and after of orc females is just splendid! Can't wait to see animations for bows and such!!

I race changed my main from goblin to orc last night in anticipation to get used to their different size and such way ahead. Unless they blow me away with the tauren female, my main will be orc female with soul for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    I think you're wrong. First off, they say "our ... heroine", which pretty much means the player. They didn't say "our ... orcs", which indeed would indicate that it might just be for NPCs, but the way they're wording it and expressing it makes it pretty obvious that this is indeed intended for the player.
    By our heroine they mean the model, dumdum