Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deleted
    facebook is the bane of the internet its just full of trolls or very boring people who update there status every 10 fucking seconds if i wanna talk to friends or family il do it the old fashioned way il go around to there house and talk to them not use facebook, to me this is classed as social media yet i think facebook makes people more anti social since they never talk with there friends in real time kids are sat on this shitty facebook 20 hours a day. the sooner facebook dies the better and the other so called social media sites are not great either

Obviously a smart move.

What stroke me as amasing; It was founded inn 2009. Currently has about 50 Employess's.

ONLY IT businesses can grow like that...Insane. That's like....Just wow. Every Employess working at Whatsapp made millions off value every day for the company. He'll the cleaning lady could wipe the floor with dollar bill's.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend in south africa who does my channel art and stuff says we need to find a new way to talk when shes not at her comp now >.> lol not into facebook owning it i guess
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Seems overpriced, in what world is WhatsApp ever going to bring in that kind of cash back to FB?...

Deleted
    19 billions?

Stupid, I paid 1€.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Seems overpriced, in what world is WhatsApp ever going to bring in that kind of cash back to FB?...
    well realistically it was just 3 billion and then 16 in paper that other people will buy for money >.>
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

you don't seen to understand how business works. It's not about getting a direct return on your investment. It's buying up and controlling your competition. Microsoft started doing the same thing in the 90's. Google has been doing that for the past decade

10+ Year Old Account
    integration into Facebook, advertisements, blocking certain messages (inappropriate content) is what i see for whatsapps future.

the amount of 450 mil users can only drop if that happens.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    integration into Facebook, advertisements, blocking certain messages (inappropriate content) is what i see for whatsapps future.

the amount of 450 mil users can only drop if that happens.
    why would it block inappropriate content? Sure facebook pages arent allowed to post that buy you are free to do so in facebook chat >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    why would it block inappropriate content? Sure facebook pages arent allowed to post that buy you are free to do so in facebook chat >.>
    i don't really use Facebook all that much, for exactly my before mentioned reasons, so wouldn't really know.

but another point, Facebook isn't particularly concerned about people's privacy, this could somehow affect whatsapp as well.

I won't stop using whatsapp just quite yet, it's far to convenient. I'm skeptical about it's future though. or at least, me using it in the future.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    facebook is the bane of the internet its just full of trolls or very boring people who update there status every 10 fucking seconds if i wanna talk to friends or family il do it the old fashioned way il go around to there house and talk to them not use facebook, to me this is classed as social media yet i think facebook makes people more anti social since they never talk with there friends in real time kids are sat on this shitty facebook 20 hours a day. the sooner facebook dies the better and the other so called social media sites are not great either
    Easy fix, don´t use it then.

Deleted
    I to, want to be an IT-developper and make billions..

Deleted
    I don't use facebook much, I use whatsapp like 1000 times more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I to, want to be an IT-developper and make billions..
    Well who doesn't?

Deleted
    It's not about bringing in cash, it's more preventing other people make cash out of it. Often shit get's bought to make sure the competition can't get there hands on it.

Deleted
    I don't see this really being a issue, they will implement ads for revenue ect. If you don't agree. Text.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont like the merge of the msg service in between them that is bound to happen.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Once again shows how having just one good idea can net you a LOT of money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Once again shows how having just one good idea can net you a LOT of money.
    Candy Crush!

- - - Updated - - -

Heh just read that apperently 2 guys came up and with WhatsApp and made it, one of them previously got rejected when applying for a job at Facebook
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.