Beginnner - New Build

Need help with a new computer I'm building. These are the parts I've found so far.

CPU: Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670K i5 4th Generation Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB x 2
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    Storage: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI NVIDIA N760 TF 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5
    Power Supply: Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU

Building this after getting tired of lagging in wow in low settings on my rather old laptop. WoW is the only game I play and I don't see that changing any time soon and I would like to run it in at least High settings without any FPS drops. I mostly arena with my friends with the occasionall Raid finder and Flex

Would also love to know is if there is way I can decrease the cost of the above build without a big loss of performance. Preferably changing the graphic card or motherboard. Would rather not change the processor.

Not linking the price since I'm from India. Most components are 20% costlier than the US prices. I do plan to buy the other parts(Monitor, CPU Case, Keyboard, speakers) as well

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The motherboard is one of the cheapest z87. Graphics card is ok for ultra WoW.
    Don't expect to have no FPS drops in 25mans, there will be a drop on any machine, but there's a big difference when FPS drop from 60 to 30 and from 300 to 200

The only thing you can do is look for cheaper RAM, Corsair Vengeance can be a bit pricey compared to others.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Thanks. What do you think of XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB compared to MSI NVIDIA N760 2 GB GDDR5(the one in OP)? It's around 100$ cheaper here. Will I still be able to run wow with Medium-high in WOD or will that cause problems?

Also ASRock Z87 Pro3 and ASRock Z87 Pro 4 are about 50$ cheaper than ASRock Z87 Extreme3 and they seem more or less the same. Is there any noticeable difference?

The RAM prices here are all very close to each other. Corsair is only a little higher than Kingston and Transcend.

Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Thanks. What do you think of XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB compared to MSI NVIDIA N760 2 GB GDDR5(the one in OP)? It's around 100$ cheaper here. Will I still be able to run wow with Medium-high in WOD or will that cause problems?

Also ASRock Z87 Pro3 and ASRock Z87 Pro 4 are about 50$ cheaper than ASRock Z87 Extreme3 and they seem more or less the same. Is there any noticeable difference?

The RAM prices here are all very close to each other. Corsair is only a little higher than Kingston and Transcend.

Thanks again
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...k,3148-16.html

But this is from 2 years ago, I don't think MOP was released back then and with MOP the graphics went up a bit so expect less frames. Same with WoD but for outside raids it will still be good

Yea I mixed Extreme3 with Pro3.
    Extreme3 has more PCI-E (you can put more than one GPU in) and SATA connectors, as well as USB.
    Pro4 over Pro3 has "all gold capacitors".

Those are the main differences that I can find on a quick glance.

That helps a lot. I'll go with the Video card from the original post rather than XFX Radeon 7870 just to be safe in WoD.

Tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    That helps a lot. I'll go with the Video card from the original post rather than XFX Radeon 7870 just to be safe in WoD.

Tyvm
    Are you sure about that?

17FPS, if it's worth 100$ you decide

Now that I check the price of the other cards, the Asus GTX 660 here has more or less the same price as the XFX HD 7870. Better to get that?

http://tinyurl.com/kofkhtf - GTX 660
    http://tinyurl.com/n2r8ujv - HD 7870

Only a 10$ difference. 10 FPS for 10$ looks good

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I check the price of the other cards, the Asus GTX 660 here has more or less the same price as the XFX HD 7870. Better to get that?

http://tinyurl.com/kofkhtf - GTX 660
    http://tinyurl.com/n2r8ujv - HD 7870

Only a 10$ difference. 10 FPS for 10$ looks good
    Yea get that :P