Unhappy Resto shamans and Heroic 10 man Malk

I only healed 1-2 attempts of malk and then went dps but i'm unsure how to optimize myself for this fight as resto, if we are any good for this fight. Ugh can't post links as i'm new here but yes, Help please!

Deleted
    This is certainly not our best fight, but we can cope. My experience comes from 25m, but on 10m same strategy applies.

Run both glyph of chaining and riptide. Spread plenty of Riptides, on 10m you should be able to keep it up on everyone. Chainheal when people soak them puddles, to top them up after (mileage may vary on 10m). Avoid HR unless you're melee-heavy, or use it during Blood Rage.

Talents to run: some people stand by AG here, i still think Rushing Streams is the way to go, especially on 10m. Get Windwalk for the debuff on Blood Rage. Get Astral Shift for clearing the balls after Blood Rage (or just to soak stuff, AS rox here). Primal Elementalist as tier 6 is what i used.

Stat priority: keep the usual one, UNLESS you are one of the mastery nuts. No matter what you think about mastery overall, it straight out BLOWS in this fight. Reforge the living crap out of any mastery you might have. Spirit-wise, i was actually able to lower it for this fight, but then again, in 10m you might need to use more single-target heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    This is certainly not our best fight, but we can cope. My experience comes from 25m, but on 10m same strategy applies.

Run both glyph of chaining and riptide. Spread plenty of Riptides, on 10m you should be able to keep it up on everyone. Chainheal when people soak them puddles, to top them up after (mileage may vary on 10m). Avoid HR unless you're melee-heavy, or use it during Blood Rage.

Talents to run: some people stand by AG here, i still think Rushing Streams is the way to go, especially on 10m. Get Windwalk for the debuff on Blood Rage. Get Astral Shift for clearing the balls after Blood Rage (or just to soak stuff, AS rox here). Primal Elementalist as tier 6 is what i used.

Stat priority: keep the usual one, UNLESS you are one of the mastery nuts. No matter what you think about mastery overall, it straight out BLOWS in this fight. Reforge the living crap out of any mastery you might have. Spirit-wise, i was actually able to lower it for this fight, but then again, in 10m you might need to use more single-target heals.
    I agree with Ranjit -- I usually run with a mastery build, but for this one I go with crit. Mastery is much less useful here since the encounter shields freeze the hp bars, but the bonus from mastery ignores the shield value. So even if someone has a red shield but full HP bar, mastery gives zero bonus.

Also unlike other encounters, crit is less likely to overheal here. This is the same reason crit is good for disc priests, since unlike other healers in which crit usually overheals, it converts into shields with no overheals.

If you're doing the strat where only the tanks soak the cleave in phase two I would suggest not to take astral shift, stone bulwark is better for soaking puddles. As a healer you shouldn't be clearing the orbs, you should be spamming the tanks since they will getting chunked for more than half of their health sometimes. But if you absolutely need to clear the orbs you can always primal earth elemental and run around some soak some. Glyph of chaining is the best for 10 man since everyone is spread out so much and chain healing is useless without it. I personally keep healing rain down even if there is only one melee, it keeps constant heals on the tanks and when you all stack after the aoe explosion everyone is getting their shields up if healing rain is down. I think most people start out with healing tide totem on the pull but I like ascendence a little more. I also save spirit link totem for the tanks in the second phase.

I raid 25 but I have done 10 Heroic while main raid was taking a break. Glyph Chaining for sure, I just kept tanks riptided and chain healed off them on cd while throwing GHWs on the person with the lowest shield while Chain Heal was cd. Starting ~2 before pull I pop Primal Earth Ele to buff, prepot, Unleash, Hero immediately on pull, Healing Rain + Ascendance, Healing Tide, Healing Stream and proceed to Riptide a tank and begin rotating Chain Heal and GHWs. AG and Rushing Streams are mostly even on this fight, one or the other will likely pull a bit ahead depending on your kill time and how cds line up but I prefer RS. On 25 during progression/first few farm kills I used SWG and spammed tank heals during Blood Rage (doing solo soak strat) while eating orbs but now I save SWG for 2nd Ascendance in case I get knocked up. 10 man you will likely need to save SWG if you want to soak in that phase because non-Brewmaster tanks require a lot of healing.

Only killed this once (last week) as the pug I run with only raids on Thursday nights.

Glyphs: Riptide, Chaining, and Totemic Recall
    Talents: Rushing Streams (with 9kish haste) and Primal Elementalist

We used the solo soak strategy for our only blood rage. So the best use of my cds was to ascendance on pull and use HTT right as blood rage was ending.

Have RT's running on as many as you can on pull, have elem up for PE +10% healing, HR down asap, then ascendance.
    Positioning on pull is tricky with ascendance as has a mere 20 yard radius around you. Have ranged stand as close to boss on pull without aggroing. Just inside the middle ring seems fine. Be close to tanks/melee as you ascend but not too close in case you get knocked upward.

The key here is to build shields on tanks asap. CH off the current tank and GHW/HS on ranged with low shields. I like to use HS more especially during ascendance and then mana tide afterward. With a high crit build, you shouldn't have mana issues from here on.

2 healed it with a disc priest. Disc priests have more disadvantages than we do on this one.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...k4MhN#fight=32

Basics are at the start feel free to Pop all healing cds or at least tide and use ascendance a lil later on as the only time you really need a lil extra healing is at the start and just after a blood rage.

Keep HR on melee, spam RT on everyone is range, CH as much as possible and the usual like HST on cd etc. If your tank is solo healing ph2 one healer can pretty much handle this but just spam GHW and maybe put SLT on him just for the 10% reduction towards the end of the phase as its pretty useless in this fight.

pretty simple fight if your able to in ph2 try soak up some orbs to clear your area as long as there are no tank healing problems. The only way you wipe on this is if ppl keep failing on soaking puddles and being able to avoid the orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    2 healed it with a disc priest. Disc priests have more disadvantages than we do on this one.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...k4MhN#fight=32
    Disc won't get massive hps but disc is very good on this fight, i primarily just focus on maintaining at least 100k dps, and every chance i get soak orbs around me as this makes things miles easier, rest of the time i shield any puddle soakers in range and give the tank a barrier in the last 10 secs of blood rage in ph1 and a pain supp in the last 8 secs in the second bloodrage but its not that needed as even as disc the tank get be solo healed without external cds. Disc is on average 200-250k hps but if you have good grouping PoH can bring in some more healing but its mostly wasted.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-02-22 at 03:36 AM.

here's a tip for the start if you all stack up for a few seconds.
    15 seconds before the pull, start blanketing the raid with riptide.
    7 seconds before, drop HST, keep refreshing riptides.
    4 seconds before, UE > HR on the group.
    1 second before, AG + Ascendance + SWG.
    on the pull, CH off the first tank and start moving to your spot, dropping a new HR on the tank/melee group as you go.
    all 10 shields will be maxed about when your first CH lands.

I typically get 7-8M in healing the first few seconds. it's really nice to start the fight with max'd shields.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    on the pull, CH off the first tank and start moving to your spot, dropping a new HR on the tank/melee group as you go.

I typically get 7-8M in healing the first few seconds. it's really nice to start the fight with max'd shields.
    why would u waste 7 seconds of HST?

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post

doesnt he apply ancient miasma on engage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcrushed View Post
    why would u waste 7 seconds of HST?
    the idea is just to have it up before the pull so you don't waste time after the pull. you can cut it closer if you want, but you don't really gain anything since the shields go to full in a couple seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    doesnt he apply ancient miasma on engage?
    yes, so try and get everything you can think of active before the fight starts.

We have 2 melee so healing rain + efflorescence takes care of them + a lot of the tanks' healing. I really don't use chain heal a lot here because most of my targeted heals go toward the ranged who are spread out too much. Then I just keep riptide up on a lot of people and use ghw to top off soakers if they're not on max shields. I'm at 9k haste for the extra HST tick. I don't even use cds on the pull, just popping em all at fase 2 since our other tank just soaks orbs and the tank takes insane damage.