View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the leveling content in WoW?

Voters
305. This poll is closed
  • I love all of the content for leveling from 1-90

25 8.20%
  • I enjoy most of the content for leveling from 1-90

64 20.98%
  • I like some of the content for leveling from 1-90

31 10.16%
  • I neither like nor dislike the content for leveling from 1-90

9 2.95%
  • I love the content and wish there were more

16 5.25%
  • I enjoy the content and wish they would change some of it

17 5.57%
  • I like the content and wish they would change most of it

10 3.28%
  • I dislike most of the content and wish they would change it

10 3.28%
  • I hate all of the content and wish they would replace it

5 1.64%
  • I hate all of the content and the grind and want to boost past it

17 5.57%
  • I like the content but hate the grind and want to boost past it

44 14.43%
  • I like the content and don't mind leveling but would still boost

25 8.20%
  • My answer is not shown and I will answer below

32 10.49%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    They are rewarding exploration while leveling, too...and yes, it's relevant to the topic, specifically your comment...hence my putting your comment in quotes, and hitting the "reply" button... >.<

Personally I think WoW should offer other progression paths that carry over from leveling to end game, other games are doing it and adds another level to gameplay.
    So the stuff they're just getting around to now, that's what the 7~ million people have been waiting for? That's the point of the game?

Leveling up and with *NEW* exploration bonuses!

Wow! Wish I could see all that new shit, too bad I'm stuck back at level 47 because they didn't let me boost to 90 after all!

=|

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Wow! Wish I could see all that new shit, too bad I'm stuck back at level 47 because they didn't let me boost to 90 after all!

=|
    Man that sucks, someone should teach you how to level.

<3

I'd say the point of an MMO for me is progression. I like to kill heroic bosses and pvp, and become more powerful and collect those purples. But I know people who play the game solely to get every class to max level, or level all of the professions in the game, or pet battling, etc...

This game has far too much focus on end-game content, I would like to see older content become more relevant. Such as, being able to level down to 70 for a heroic BC dungeon, and getting a level 90 grab bag of loot, or valor, etc. Or dynamic world events in older zones, that level 10s can participate in too. Holiday events were OK but they're getting a bit stale after a decade...

Leveling imo should be a journey and feel epic. I'd like to see WoW become a game where a new player has participated in large-scale content and done cool stuff before hitting level cap, stuff beyond just solo questing or instanced pvp/pve.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-02-22 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy leveling alts. I'm actually a little sad that I've filled my character slots on my realm with 90s.

Though I gotta say, if I never have to do 85-90 again it'll be too soon. I despise 88-90 especially. I felt the same way about Cata leveling when it was still current, but now don't mind it as much (Twilight Highlands is still a terrible zone though).

I enjoyed the game most back in Vanilla and beginning of BC before I knew what raiding was. I had one character and it took me several months to level to 60, and that was playing everyday. I took my time, reading everything, and enjoyed everything the world had to offer. Once I was introduced to raiding/end game... EVERY toon since has been a tunnel vision race to level cap and gear chase. It's like a person is in a panic to level cap asap so as not to be left behind by friends and guildies. When new expansions are released, I get that fun feeling back a little bit, but that wears off fairly fast and the race is back on. Now that everyone has access to end game in LFR, I think the game is a lot less immersive than it used to be.

As someone who has played since Vanilla and has about 10 characters that are at least level 85 I think i've seen enough of that content and don't often have much desire to see it again... If I was a new player starting the game today I think it would be a shame to skip all that levelling content. I'm sure we can all remember playing through the old zones the 1st time and how epic it was to explore such a huge world.... The game is at least double the size it was when I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Blizzard has said numerous times that they don't want people /afking in cities between raids, and they are deliberately adding features to encourage world exploration next expansion, so I'd say that Blizzard disagrees with you.

Not sure about other MMOs other than Rift, but I know that Rift has come out and said that one of their most popular gameplay features is artifact collection, which is very heavily exploration-based.

And Blizzard said the same damn thing during BC about Shat, again during Wrath about Dar and yet again in Cata about Org/Storm...See the pattern here? Nothing Blizzard does or has done, will change this. People will still huddle around their main cities at max level. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    As someone who has played since Vanilla and has about 10 characters that are at least level 85 I think i've seen enough of that content and don't often have much desire to see it again... If I was a new player starting the game today I think it would be a shame to skip all that levelling content. I'm sure we can all remember playing through the old zones the 1st time and how epic it was to explore such a huge world.... The game is at least double the size it was when I started.
    Agreed. After getting the Loremaster title, again, I am happy to jump straight to current content, and continue to do so for upcoming expansions. Once it gets to the point of having to grind 150 levels to hit end game, I am retiring for good and going back to Super Mario