Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When you transmog...

...where do you start with the look you're going for?

I find I tend to always want to match what I'm wearing to a weapon/offhand combination where possible (as opposed to liking the look of a set and trying to find a weapon to match), i.e. for my ret Paladin, when she's got a 2h sword/mace, I'll use the Twinblade of the Phoenix and set her up with a Golden Avenger-style look (T16 flex head, shoulders, the rest Lightbringer set), if she ever gets the polearm off Thok, I'll swap all that around and match up the set to fit Hellreaver (one of the best polearms ever, IMO).

Deleted
    I usually start with the shoulders and base the mog around them, I'm sure a lot of people do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'd start with a piece that caught my eye. It could be that I liked the shoulders of a tier set but didn't like other peices, so I'd mix and match. One set for my druid I came up with because I really liked a low level quest green set which only consisted of chest and legs, so I filled in the blanks with pieces from a variety of other sets. Other times a particular shield or weapon appealed to me and I'd make a set based around that. For my paladin I tried to make an Aldor themed set (she's Draenei) and started off with the Aldor tabard.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I'm usually either trying to get a "complete" or just trying to create a feel for my character. I use Horde Warrior T9 when i just need a "everyday" look, seems more comfortabe than most other armors isn't flashy. I'll use my CM armor in pugs and stuff, but i'll usually cycle in some misc creative sets in between. I never try to match my weapons with my amor though. I feel like your weapons need their own identity, and being a roaming block of color never really appealed to me.

I transmog around the current tier, I'm always with a piece of current tier showing off

only time i did transmog everything was when i got the challenge mode gold, but i'm tired of horns

10+ Year Old Account
    I build my sets around themes, colors and looks that express what each toon is about- and while I do prefer a clean and complete look at the end of the day I'm still annoyed when a set just doesn't fit around one piece that's overly difficult to find or just flat out clashes with me
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I build my sets around themes, colors and looks that express what each toon is about- and while I do prefer a clean and complete look at the end of the day I'm still annoyed when a set just doesn't fit around one piece that's overly difficult to find or just flat out clashes with me
    On that note I really kinda... I hate to say hate but I really wish I could transmog the legendary cloaks. They're -so good-, but having it threw off the look I was going for on my paladin, which really gets my goat. (or my draenei, ha -HA-). To me weapons tend to stand out the most in terms of 'what I notice', which is why I usually start there.

Unfortunately I just can't find a staff I like for my mage. I feel like there are plenty of really iconic and amazing one-hand swords, maces, daggers, two-handed swords, etc. to choose from but all the staves just leave me a little cold--none of them really speak to me in terms of look. I suppose if/when she gets the staff from Blackfuse I'll go get my Dragon Soul gear again so I can complete the clockwork/steampunk-semi theme as properly as possible in my eyes.

I always try to match my transmog to suit the race/class combo ie. my Tauren warrior has lots of browns, where as my troll shaman has the whole voodoo vibe going on.

I start with the chestpiece since it is the center of the character and ties it all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tabard, I always wear one and I have to play around with a suitable one.

Thankfully I have most available.

I find it easier to make tmog sets with WoW Model Viewer, I usually find a weapon, a chest piece or some shoulders I like and build the rest based on that. I then use the WoWHead gallery to find if the pieces are available and how to get them.

Random.
    "oh this is a cool _____, i wonder if i can make a set around it"
    -insert w/e slot you want-
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I just go for sets, like full Tier 6 etc etc. I'm not too creative with mixing things up to match nicely. Once I have a set I try to find cape, tabard and weapons that might match.

10+ Year Old Account
    usually shoulders/head or weapon is the start point, sometimes mount (when i got feldrake) or quest altering visuals (fel fire), i never use tabards or show cloak since they looks terribad 100% of the time

mine is always based on my race and class. always.

Race and class always

Always find a good looking set that matches everything + fitting mount and pet and title

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually start with the shoulders or chest and work my way down. (sounds kinda racy) If I find another cool item during my search I'll build it around that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I usually start with the shoulders or chest and work my way down. (sounds kinda racy) If I find another cool item during my search I'll build it around that one.
    he he, that comment with the pic for your avatar....lol.

OT - I tend to build around the weapon, shoulders and/or helm. Since those are the most visible. I have had a lot of fun with that on my pally....my raid group called me on it, i was changing my mogg 2-3 times a week.