Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Easiest Heroic Bosses 25man?

I am sorry if there was a thread already dedicated to this, I was searching but could not find it.

Does anyone have a general idea of which bosses are easiest for a 25man environment?

We just switched over to 25man from 10man about 3 weeks ago and going to start working on Heroic within a week or two.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

My current though would be to work on the bosses which mechanics do not change that much such as Protectors and Nourushen.

Any thoughts?

immerseus is FAR easier than it is on 10 man, it's definitely the easiest in the instance

I'd go Immerseus, Nazgrim, Protectors, Sha, Norushen, Galakras, Juggs, Shamans, and in order in the instance from there

This is how I view their difficulty, but I'd still go in order in the instance.

i'd just progress them in the natural order, doing nazgrim second is crazy talk imo.

Deleted
    Immerseus < Protectors < Norushen < Galakras < Nazgrim < Shamans < Juggernaut < Sha. In the end the first 8 Bosses are very easy on 25man man. We farm them with our 25man Twinkraid every week without problems (and 50% of the group has no idea what they are doing).
    Malkorok is very easy too... just needs a little bit more DPS but nowadays everybody should have enough gear but we didnt try it for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is mostly the same as 10man heroic (if you've gotten there), you just have more people to consider in all the bosses... there's not really many factors to consider other than spacial awareness and the management of a larger raid force.

Like...Sha of Pride for instance, way more shit on the floor, people have to be really aware. Immerseus, same deal. Infinitely more shit on the floor.

You've probably got the right idea with Norushen as a taster boss. He's probably a little more tricky than his 10man counterpart, but you just have to send in the right people at the right times, and make sure the adds spawn at a flowing manageable constant, rather than all at once.

Honestly Galakras was probably the most noticeably easier boss in 25 than 10. (Or maybe the group I tagged along with was really good at that point)

Trouble with asking this is you need similar individuals who've experienced both raid sizes, to tell you what's what, and I'm just not one of those (reliably) at this point.

Managing a larger raid force is going to take some serious adjustment. It's logistics nightmare if you're unprepared. Knowing the power of your raiders is going to take some feeling out and is a key factor in why most raid leaders sized their raids down when 10man became a thing you could do. I wish your group luck.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i'd just progress them in the natural order, doing nazgrim second is crazy talk imo.
    The only fight that we didn't do in order on the first progression of heroics were Sha, and in all honesty, we could have done it before Galakras and IJ. So just like this guy said, go in order.

You do them in order... there really is no point to swap to normal, even though Galakras and Dark Shaman are probably easier than Sha of Pride.. the rest is pretty linear.

In our GDKP run we do Immersius, and did tries on Galakras and Iron Juggernaut and almost got them both, and that is with half the raid sub-par, so I'm pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, these are the 3 easiest without too many management. Norushen is easy but you need to plan it ahead for assignments.

Protectors just need reliable interrupts and mark of anguish chain and proper use of cooldowns.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-02-13 at 06:18 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Thank you for posts, I take them all into consideration, the hardest part that I found with Immerseus are the adds that spawn, is there an easier way to handle it in 25man? The main problem with had in the 10man is that people were just taking too much damage or is is easier in 25man compared to 10man?

Immerseus 25H is a joke compared to 10H

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    We farm them with our 25man Twinkraid every week without problems (and 50% of the group has no idea what they are doing).
    Statements like this are pretty dumb. I'd love to hear how exactly you kill somewhat complicated encounters like Sha of Pride, Dark Shamans with 12-13 people having no idea what's going on.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Hes just trying to sound "cool", ignore that.

In our group we have 3 tanks to simplify Immerseus adds in 25man. 1 on each side with each group hunter misdirects etc easymode.

25H was definately a lot easier than 10H. My guild made the switch and there was a distinct difference between the two. Every 25N was easier than 10N, but Heroics are a little different. Norushen ends up being a lot more nasty with triple the mount of the bigs adds + orbs from dps getting cleansed.

If you are having add trouble on Immerseus, and you have a good AE tank then have a Holy Pally use Righteous Fury, put a condom on his head and as soon as blast/taunt swap happens have the add tank sit on him. If people are still dieing then they are standing in ground effects or Swirl.

^
    ^
    To be fair, while Sha of Pride is questionable, Dark Shamans clearly can be done with 12-13 people having no idea what's going on. Just put them all downstairs with the blob spawning Shaman. As long as tank and healers know what to do, the rest downstairs can just DPS whatever they can target.

Tbh, doing all bosses in order is more or less representative on the difficulty. Maybe it's worth skipping Sha of Pride, and maybe Nazgrim is a bit easier than bosses before him, but in general just doing the order as it is works.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

any first boss of any raid ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, all pretty easy with relatively lax DPS requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I didn't say to do nazgrim second, i just said that i think he's 2nd easiest heroic on 25 man <.<

Imo all the early fights are easier on 25 except norushen maybe but hes easy on both....a lot more room for error in 25. Just go in order

Deleted
    All the fights are easier on 25man with the exception of norushen, sha, malkorok and paragon

Paragons is way harder in 25 but I don't think the OP is too worried about that yet.

Norushen is tricky, Immerseus/Galakras are easiest. Protectors isn't hard. Juggernaut is really easy if you just stand 200 yards away from him during siege mode.

Nazgrim has higher DPS requirements than the first five but isn't hard either.

Sha of Pride and Dark Shamans are the hardest of the first 8.

Also, we found Thok way easier than Malkorok or Spoils. Blackfuse isn't too bad now but still harder than everything before him.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2014-02-13 at 11:31 PM.

If this gives an idea of relative difficulty, this is how long my guild spent on each boss. We went in the order of Immerseus>Protectors>Norushen>Galakras>Juggernaut>Sha>rest in order.

immerseus 1:36 hours (15 pulls)
    protectors 3:00 hours (17 pulls)
    norushen 6:00 hours (45 pulls)
    sha 2:00 hours (17 pulls)
    galakras 1:30 hours (15 pulls)
    juggernaut 1:00 hour (10 pulls)
    shaman 3:00 hours (13 pulls)
    nazgrim 1:00 hour (9 pulls)
    malkorok 6:00 hours (41 pulls)
    spoils 4:00 hours (32 pulls)
    thok 5:00 hours (~50 pulls)

Time includes when we started on the boss until raid ended/killed boss.

We really struggled to find a working strategy on Norushen and failboat of Malkorok and bombs on Spoils.