[Resto] Hey guys! looking for some advice for Gold Challenge modes.

Soooo let me preface with the following: I have healed these on a disc priest and MW monk, both of which I succeeded in obtaining 9/9. As well as my mage and pally.

Am just looking for some general information, any tips you can give me... Glyphed regrowth I imagine is good?

Also for sockets are we just going full on throughput? so just int int int int haste if the socket bonus gives int?
    What about for blue slots?

Just in general fishing for some tips from you trees that have done 9/9 in the past.

Thanks

if you keep your mastery and lifebloom up you can do these on like 10-15% mana for the whole run, at least, thats how i did them when i resto'd it up last December. so don't sweat it if you have to pop incarnation and dump all your mana on a big pull.

i dropped most of my spirit (maybe 4-5k? it was a long time ago) and went with DPS trinkets and haste/crit moonkin gear for heart of the wild burst - i imagine this would be even better with the reworks to dream of cenarius since then. i alternated between mana pots and int pots, chugging one or the other pretty much on cooldown

just grab some of those amber iceblock things from the klaxxi and grab a tick or 2 whenever you can and innervate in between. what i would sometimes do is use prowl glyph and stealth/dash ahead of my group and pop a drink if there was a safe spot to hide while they caught up.

i bring this up, because, coming from a priest you might be stressing being oom all the time, but its really NBD. take SM for example, I would dump all my mana on that judicator room after the 1st boss and do the rest of the instance on 20% mana at the most. omen of clarity procs will get you through the bulk of a dungeon.

i ran incarnation/hotw, but if i were to heal them again id probably choose doc instead since its a lot better now. incarnation will let you heal the craziest amount of damage. hotw AE with hurricane is nuts, it also does pretty good boss damage. disorienting roar is a good "soft cc" for interrupts even though it will get broken almost immediately with all the AE spam. functionally, its as good as bash for CM though. ursol's vortex has limited uses, you can drop them on Brewery monkies and TotJS trash to help the tank kite. make sure you hit stampeding roar BEFORE invis pots (lol at the number of resets i caused at 3 in the morning because of that). put symbiosis on a dps DK if you have one, it does good things for their AE dps. if not, pretty much anyone will give you a good defensive cooldown.

cant really think of anything else, all i really remember was "run hot hot moonfire run wrath hot" repeat. its pretty easy, and you can do a lot of dps which helps. moonfire is a wonderful thing.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-20 at 06:45 PM.

you can do it very easily in any gear on any healer really, but if you want to be able to take more, just take int+haste+mastery, I did them with like 6-7k haste inside from all my haste gems

if you've healed CMs on a mw, you can probably manage on any class

changing a helm for meta can be pretty cool for your regrowth

you can take whatever talent, but I'd say go with DoC and swap to HotW before the last boss (although take note that HotW is a 25% healing increase for a whomping 45seconds that can break some pulls)
    60 talents are up to you,
    incarnation lets you spam regrowth while moving and do 15% more heals when you want it
    trees provide sustained tank healing, but since all the damage cones in the first 20s tops of any pull as you know, they're ok
    sotf is best used on a healing touch to refresh lifebloom or just a lifebloom and then using celarcasts on regrowth and wrath (also, SotF works on hurricane and moonfire)

it's retarded easy on trees, our heals (especially regrowth spam) hit way too hard to make it comparable to any other healing class in CMS other than paladin in my experience (lolol I press illumination and flash of light, then GoAK w/ flash of light, then avenger w/ flash of light, 2 charges of hand of sac, etc.)

also, use your charged shroom as a backup 100% heal on your tank, you can charge it before starting

symbiosis choices will vary, but best will usually be either dps warrior or shaman unless you want a defensive for stacking niuzao slimes or the shado-pan boss aoe damage

and just pop an intellect or kafa press pot if you have trouble

and note that you can use vortex+ typhoon as an aoe interrupt without moving things too much or syncing swing timers too much

thx guys

As far as gemming is concerned, Am I correct in assuming 160 int in red 80 int 160 mastery in yellow and well blue im not sure ..

id probably do reckless in yellow for more damage but artful would be the "proper" way to gem for healing. blue go purified int/spirit

I run challenge modes daily on my resto druid. I stack mastery for the base increase in healing done. Also, I use spirit proc trinkets and rarely have to drink. But, stack mastery and make sure you are haste capped. Aside from that it should be relatively easy.