How many people do you think hack/exploit in LOL...???

So a buddy of mine comes to me today an says you got to check out this video of this hack in LOL called *****(not trying to promote hacking so no name of it) where the guy proceeds to hit 1 button an unleashes a perfect combo also executing perfect range while AA an dodging abilities perfectly. after doing some research i find that this bot is easily downloaded and from my understanding its pretty undectable.

My ???? is how many people do you guys think are actually using hacks/scripts and can LOL stop it in time before it spirals out of control.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheShark View Post
    So a buddy of mine comes to me today an says you got to check out this video of this hack in LOL called *****(not trying to promote hacking so no name of it) where the guy proceeds to hit 1 button an unleashes a perfect combo also executing perfect range while AA an dodging abilities perfectly. after doing some research i find that this bot is easily downloaded and from my understanding its pretty undectable.

My ???? is how many people do you guys think are actually using hacks/scripts and can LOL stop it in time before it spirals out of control.....
    It's a free game so people don't risk anything botting, if you get account banned you just start a new one.
    Though botters are usually easy to spot, but they can be mixed with smurfs easily too.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Sometimes I wish I had kept up on following the darker side of the internet. At least than I'd know if these things were legit. I remember when the PSP was new people would swear up and down that it wasn't possible to run pirated software, but it was and it was easy to do.
    The thoughts of cheaters in LOL had never occurred to me until now.

I was unaware that such things existed for LoL

None the less, hasn't effected me. And I wouldn't ever use it, ruins the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people use scripts. And even more people use bots to level referrals (dominion is filled with them, that's why i stopped playing it, last like, five games, i had 3 out of 10 people being bots)

Sidewinder macros do this sort of thing too, and that's a bit of a grey area. I don't do it, but I expect others to do so.
    I don't play competitively, so I don't particularly care one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I was unaware that such things existed for LoL

None the less, hasn't effected me. And I wouldn't ever use it, ruins the fun
    pretty much this

i play game for fun not to cheat to win
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see that stuff all the time hacking cassios, hacking adc's with perfect orbwalking with no lag, people spamming timers in chat, autosmiters.
    There is nothing to do as long as such software is freeware and anyone can just download it i'm afraid.

Deleted
    I had a friend who tried one out and it was pretty obvious he was using a script. People would call him on it in chat. He could execute a perfect combo including using summoning skills, all abilities, any actives (and he had like 3 actives at times) and pop a pot if he had one and was taking damage - all in like 1 second. Even faster than the pros but it was done blindly. I think that if someone is using a hack like that other people can usually tell, and can report you. I don't know how easy it is to detect but if reported by multiple people, I'm sure riot will look into it.

The most amusing thing is, he was still stuck in bronze because being able to spam all your abilities at once didn't give him any extra common sense so he still made terrible decisions. In fact, I think it made him cockier because he thought he was amazing for being able to spam/burst people down one on one, that he'd make even worse decisions in team fights than without it.

He didn't get banned but I think he stopped using it, haven't queued with him for a few months, just checked since you reminded me of it and he is still bronze this season so I guess it didn't help.

I've only ever noticed one bot in LoL, when I was leveling my aram smurf account, and I have botted in games myself since I was 16yo so I know a bot when I see one. It was a Soraka that glued herself to me and mimicked every movement I made the whole game in summoner's rift, she even had a little greeting script to let me know that she will be supporting me the whole game. It was pretty fun actually, the closest I ever got to having a "pocket healer" in lol

I didn't notice any other bots or hacks while leveling, but maybe that's just me not caring or looking hard enough. Playing ranked and aram I never see bots though, I doubt a bot could make gold/plat+.

Deleted
    It's game.. seriously. People should play it for fun. If you're getting better because of your hard work - it's only an additional positive effect of playing for fun. I don't see any reason to get LoL super emotionally like 'OMG. I'll be viewed as a total looser if I don't hit diamond this season! I must cheat then!'

Also. How does it feel to win with somebody because of cheating? It ruins the core of competition for both of you. It must be a terrible feeling.

As to your question - I have no idea. To be honest I don't see cheaters that often. Maybe because cheats are like bots - mindless. If you really want to win - don't use them.

Many of them still trying to hack League of Legends but after they get banned still they create a new one and hacks again.

in last 2 weeks, like 1 out of 10 games people where using a mod to time buffs respawns. Nicely formatted messages in chat telling the team when enemy red spawns.

not that it's hard to do this manually, but it's kinda lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    in last 2 weeks, like 1 out of 10 games people where using a mod to time buffs respawns. Nicely formatted messages in chat telling the team when enemy red spawns.

not that it's hard to do this manually, but it's kinda lame.
    It's hard not to see this like a WoW timer addon imho. But i can see why this is a annoyance to some.

Deleted
    Hmm, I don't really see any. I saw buffs timers a few times, but that's all. I think a game like LoL isn't very susceptible to cheating by design; atleast it won't make much impact on players MMR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    A bot that fires off all your abilities and dodges skill shots still doesn't have the logic to keep you out of team fights and not feed your opponent. It still doesn't make their item choice any less important, it doesn't make your item choice any less important, and it doesn't win the game for you.

As many said, the people who wind up using these bots usually still wind up stuck in Bronze or worse. Bots cannot win a MOBA for you, unlike WoW where bots can top DPS and play battlegrounds for you, a MOBA is too fast paced and team oriented. One person blowing their load early doesn't win games.
    There is no WoW bot that can even approach a good heroic raider for DPS, and I can probably solo 20+ WoW bots in random battlegrounds without effort. I get what you are saying, but the idea that the bots are somehow better in wow is inaccurate - the wow bots are if anything worse at wow than the LoL bots are at LoL: which doesnt mean the LoL bots aren't also terrible.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter