Adobe Flash Player auto mute

I've looked across the internet with people having similar issues(1, 2, 3). Some blame it on YouTube and others blame it on bad cookies.

Does anyone have a better solution?
    Adobe Flash Player mutes itself in the Windows sound mixer, and there isn't much I can do to prevent it.
    From what I've noticed, if I un-mute it, it will remain un-muted for the rest of the browser session. However, if I relaunch FireFox and try to play a YouTube video, flash player will start up muted.
    Something else that I've noticed is that this only happens if I am using my speakers. If I have the headphones plugged in, Flash Player will not start up muted.
    I've tried disabling the Exclusive Mode options in the Windows sound properties, but that didn't fix anything. I also started FireFox in safe mode with add-ons disabled. I've even uninstalled and re-installed flash player as well as deleting any cookies in the browser.
    So far I re-installed Flash Player 11.9 (The latest version is 12.0.0.70,) which seems to be working fine; no auto mute upon new browser session, but I would prefer keeping up-to-date in software. :/

Note: I do NOT want to use HTML5 player. It straight out sucks, sorry.
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-02-20 at 09:05 PM.

I'm certain of an issue involving two instances of Flash Player. Make sure in the Plugins tab of Firefox, you don't have Flash Player installed there. (You can get to this by going through the add-ons/extensions menu.) I believe I disabled my version of the Flash extension for Firefox, so I don't see it on the list. However, I MAY be mistaking this for a Google Chrome issue. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll look for another solution/try to replicate the issue.

I think the flash plugin is required. It removes itself when uninstalling flash player, then returns if I re-install flash player.

Can you disable it and try playing a youtube video?

I did, but YouTube will default to the HTML5 player.