Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Question About the new Haster > Crit now...

Hi Everyone.
    Since stats have changed in the way of potentially affect our dps with Heroic Gear to Haste > Crit (Playing BM/SV fight depending). Should we replace our gear with crit (the first BiS list was focus on Crit stat) for great with focus on haste? I'm kinda confused.

For example. The Wrist of Malkorok has Exp + Crit and the Galakras one Has Hit + Haste. should change my actual Malkorok Heroic One for the Galakras Heroic one?

Sorry for the noob question.

P.S. When I said Playing as BM/SV, I meant switching spec every fight as raid setup demand. Ty.
    P.S.2. Some player are reforging Haste > Mastery > Crit, How is that works?
    Last edited by SpawnDeath; 2014-02-20 at 08:37 PM.

If you're switching between BM and SV, Crit >= Haste is prolly the better option (Crit is better for Surv than Haste is better for BM so to speak) - if you're switching between 'em, go for the Crit bracers.

Or you could just go BM!

The Haste > Mastery > Crit reforge is specifically for Beast Mastery because most "bleeding-edge" 25-man hunters are Beast Mastery these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there something required for BM to be better than Survival gear-wise or should I just reforge into Haste > Mastery > Crit as 572 hunter with HWF weapon when the next reset hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Is there something required for BM to be better than Survival gear-wise or should I just reforge into Haste > Mastery > Crit as 572 hunter with HWF weapon when the next reset hits?
    BM might have more potential but it's much easier to play Survival so if you're not comfortable with having pet on passive and controlling it manually+generally having more brain-stuff going on mid-rotation, then I'd say go for BM and definitely so at 572 iLvl.

If you're not 100% comfortable with the above and don't care about absolute bleeding edge stuff, then Surv is pretty much just as good single-target - you miss out on burst-cleave/burst-AoE in particular but if you're progressing still you don't really -need- that.

To answer your question - there's no -specific- point I'd say, but with higher iLvl's BM just seems to scale higher up (I got no math/anything on this, it's just what I find but NOT something I have investigated thoroughly so don't take my word for it and if someone else knows more about that please input).

A decent breaking point I'd say is 565+ iLvl - heroic AoC is nice too..

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If you're switching between BM and SV, Crit >= Haste is prolly the better option (Crit is better for Surv than Haste is better for BM so to speak) - if you're switching between 'em, go for the Crit bracers.

Or you could just go BM!

The Haste > Mastery > Crit reforge is specifically for Beast Mastery because most "bleeding-edge" 25-man hunters are Beast Mastery these days.
    I see the point. Ty for u replay. Its helped me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    A decent breaking point I'd say is 565+ iLvl - heroic AoC is nice too..
    Made the switch when I got the HWF AoC, 40 second CD on beastial wrath - never switched back. AoC is pretty sweet for bm

Deleted
    Can't really speak for your setup, but our hunter plays survival on pretty much every fight nowadays (ilvl 575 10man). She even has HCWF AoC, but survival is apparently still to prefer for soloing belt on Siegecrafter heroic. She has less cleave and burst, but with a destro warlock and fury warrior for AoE and fire mage + enhance shaman for burst and cleave, she doesn't really need to care about anything else than single target damage + ability to switch target fast and easy. That works really well for us in our group.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Can't really speak for your setup, but our hunter plays survival on pretty much every fight nowadays (ilvl 575 10man). She even has HCWF AoC, but survival is apparently still to prefer for soloing belt on Siegecrafter heroic. She has less cleave and burst, but with a destro warlock and fury warrior for AoE and fire mage + enhance shaman for burst and cleave, she doesn't really need to care about anything else than single target damage + ability to switch target fast and easy. That works really well for us in our group.
    BM is still better single target. Only thing SV has is "multi-dotting" and less prone to pet derps.

Pets dont derp for me that much only once or twice got stuck in spoils box, but once i ordered him to go passive he was file. i have petattack on KC. so putting /petpassive and jitting KC button made him unstuck. my pet has never been that dumb as ppl claimed to be. may be i was lucky. (fingers crossed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    survival is apparently still to prefer for soloing belt on Siegecrafter heroic.
    I am quite surprised at this statement. SV is RNG and BM controlled burst. There is no way SV is better for belt than BM - quite the contrary, unless overgeared, SV is going to have difficulty.

Anyway a well played BM is superior to SV in almost every situation. Singletarget simulation put BM way ahead of SV at high ilevel ( 418k vs 404k with BiS )
    There is only 2 fights where SV can be better and that is Immerseus and Thok.
    For target switching, I personally prefer BM since pet has a 100% uptime on boss while you switch.

but don't forget BM is a lot harder to play compared to SV. So if you hunter performs poorly in BM, that is not the spec but the player.

Back on topic, only reforge with haste if you play BM only. If you switch between specs, Crit is the best secondary. It is more optimal as both spec get good value on it while haste only benefits BM.
    Last edited by Thotor; 2014-02-21 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    I am quite surprised at this statement. SV is RNG and BM controlled burst. There is no way SV is better for belt than BM - quite the contrary, unless overgeared, SV is going to have difficulty.
    For the most part the guild I am in used the same 2 hunters on the belt up until very recently. I played survival every time and the other hunter switched to BM after the first couple of kills. Going from probably 565ish ilvl on the first kills to now basically 580 ilvl gear, we were always very even on the belt. With good RNG one was way ahead of the other, but it went both ways. Sometimes I was way ahead and sometimes he was. Both before and after overgearing the boss, I never had any difficulties on the belt as survival.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    All i had to do to fix the pet derps on spoils. Is tell my tank to move out from the box's abit.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&target=138 - Blackfuse farm this week where I go BM and my 2 guildies go SV.

I actually get my ass kicked.

But the previous week: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&target=404

TL;DR is that BM is more consistent (BW up for every belt, can switch pets every other belt for a new Rabid every time), but with some SV RNG those BM bonuses hardly matter cuz #ExplosiveShot

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a die-hard Beast mastery hunter, and so far i am loving the Haste > Mastery > Crit build. My burst isn't AS high as full crit, but my sustained damage is quite a bit higher. Only tested it this one week, however. So might change !

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    Im a die-hard Beast mastery hunter, and so far i am loving the Haste > Mastery > Crit build. My burst isn't AS high as full crit, but my sustained damage is quite a bit higher. Only tested it this one week, however. So might change !
    Im Thinking do the same, Stay BM atleast 12/14H. Imerseus adn prob Thok will go SV. So my Priority stats should be Haste > Mastery > Crit right? Now. What about the gear? Should I start to regearing with haste gear? or stays with the First BiS List (Focused on Crit)??.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan on using the Haste > Mastery > Crit; you sub Thok neck for Immers, Use Malk and Paragon rings, TED/AoC, and Malk gun over klaxxi bow.

Other than that, the pieces stay the same and you just reforge differently than Surv.

I've been playing BM for 13/14 and H Garrosh progression and have been pulling slightly ahead of the 2 Surv hunters in raid who despise my precious BM spec >

I tried out BM and used the Haste->Mastery->Crit, It went okay and I pulled almost same numbers as SV, sometimes even higher and Im raiding 10hc,
    Still I didnt fully enjoy It, first of all because I have Harrom's and dont have HC TED yet, and Im abit confused about pet control,
    I played her passive and manually comanded her to go on targets, anyway I need to learn my shit as BM abit more, other then that It was good,
    Maybe when we go 25hc and I get TED Ill like It more

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there some haste cap where it will stop being benefitical to go haste > mastery > crit and instead go for Mastery if you are at the haste cap. For example. I think there was some haste rating where your dire beast will hit 9 (?) times instead of 8.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2014-02-21 at 10:52 PM.

Isn't there some haste cap where it will stop being benefitical to go haste > mastery > crit and instead go for Mastery if you are at the haste cap. For example. I think there was some haste rating where your dire beast will hit 9 (?) times instead of 8.
    There are no Dire Beast haste caps, and Haste doesn't lose value as I have tested it (or well, it does @ single-target, but it's still vastly superior on multi-target/cleave/anything like that, and the value it loses puts it about equal to Mastery at most).

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    All of the stats need to be correctly shifted around to get the optimal value out of each. I can get 18k haste and drop to 4k crit and 8k mastery but it is simply worse than what I currently have since the value of each secondary is so variable based on how much of the others you have as BM.
    Strictly single target. ^^