Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Press day Warlock info/chat

There was a press day around the world starting Thursday, and from what I know also on Friday that showcased Warlords of Draenor to several fan sites and other related media outlets.

Not found or heard anything Warlock specific yet, but I figure if we hear anything in the coming days we may as well have a topic for it allready.

1 thing I did come across just now is a video by someone who has clearly not played a Warlock seriously recently, but it did have this nice shot of the talents in it:

As you can see, nothing changed from Blizzcon apparently. So the talents as we saw them then should still look and work the same.
    (You can see those talents in this first post of the Blizzcon chat thread. Brusalk allready corrected my mistake in the second post of this thread, showing there IS a change. And thanks to Valyna we have a screenshot of where the person accidentily moused over Cataclysm talent, showing that nothing changed about that talent. Screenie of it provided by Valyna)

Fur fullness sake, you can find the dubious Warlock video (which contains some spoilers and a look at the first Horde zone as well) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1OeGG9idI

Anyway, that's what I came across, feel free to chat about the lack of changes or anything you come across in the coming days here in this thread.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-02-21 at 05:53 PM.

Actually there's quite a few changes to the Chaotic Resources talent that I can see already:

Screenshot

Affliction:
    Grants the Soulburn empowerment to your Haunt spell. Your Haunt spell also grants you 15% increased periodic damage for 30 seconds.

Demo:
    Demonbolt. Instant. 40yrd range. Requires Meta. Consumes 30% of your current Demonic Fury to deal up to 3000 damage, and refund up to 300 Demonic Fury the next time you have less than 50 Demonic Fury.

Destro:
    Incinerate and Conflagrate deal 60% less damage but generate 300% more Burning Embers. Fire and Brimstone can now also affect Chaos Bolt.

Pretty significant changes for Demo and Destro. AOE CHAOS BOLTS. WAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Actually there's quite a few changes to the Chaotic Resources talent that I can see already:

Screenshot

Affliction:
    Grants the Soulburn empowerment to your Haunt spell. Your Haunt spell also grants you 15% increased periodic damage for 30 seconds.

Demo:
    Demonbolt. Instant. 40yrd range. Requires Meta. Consumes 30% of your current Demonic Fury to deal up to 3000 damage, and refund up to 300 Demonic Fury the next time you have less than 50 Demonic Fury.

Destro:
    Incinerate and Conflagrate deal 60% less damage but generate 300% more Burning Embers. Fire and Brimstone can now also affect Chaos Bolt.

Pretty significant changes for Demo and Destro. AOE CHAOS BOLTS. WAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Oh crap! I was so busy looking if they had changed talents I forgot to look at the tooltip when it showed! >.<

AoE Chaos bolt is going to be hilarious. That's probably not going live with the numbers we have now, cause that would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Oh crap! I was so busy looking if they had changed talents I forgot to look at the tooltip when it showed! >.<

AoE Chaos bolt is going to be hilarious. That's probably not going live with the numbers we have now, cause that would be insane.
    It actually makes sense, since Incinerate and Conflag are our main sources of AoE damage. Then doing 60% less damage means we do no AoE.

This talent makes the AoE rotation Incinerate to >2, FnB-Chaos Bolt for 2 embers, repeat, which is quite a bit different. That's also a big difference in cast times between the two.

Also keep in mind the damage modifier on FnB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Screenshot

Affliction:

Demo:

Destro:

No way this is going live LOL.

Demon bolt seems awesome. Infinite meta with no damage reduction 0.o

What's Blizz up to with these OD powerful talents? I'm all for it, but nerfs suck. Would like to reduce the chance of heavy nerfs as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the Demo one, not sure what that will mean for our rotation. It takes 1/3 of our Fury, does damage, and then gives back that Fury, pretty much, when we get below 50. So many questions about that. First one on my mind is, does that stack? Can I use it multiple times, drain my fury, and then get it back again when I get below 50? The other 2 seem reasonably staright forward, but I don't see how the Demo one will work in practice, and what exactly the advantage is. Unless that 3k damage is like a whopping amount in WoD, of course. Hmmm.

Demonbolt looks interesting.

If someone is going to be at the San Francisco event, could someone please ask them for a glyph that allows the look of the old pets with GoSup?

Not sure about the new Demo version but obviously things are going to change a lot in the coming months.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-02-21 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, had to go back and search various places till I found it, but according to this post, by the guy that played in Versailles today he did about 1k to 5k damage, non crit with each hit. Meaning that the 3k damage mentioned in the Demo talent isn't all that much.

I'm still confused what the goal is with this. You get to stay in Meta if you spam ONLY this attack, is what I get from it. But with our other abilities still costing fury as well I'm trying to picture what that will do exactly. I mean, we'd still be hopping in and out of Meta for HoG, and there's Soulfire costing fury if we are in Meta, so I'm not sure how exactly this Demonbolt will be advantagous. I mean it should do more damage then ToC, otherwise what's the point. But we'll need to see hwo it works in practice with our fury spenders and how long we can stay in Meta.

Is Malefic Grasp now passive? If you watch the video when the Warlock chooses his specialization, he chooses Aff and all of the spec's abilities automatically go to his action bar except for Malefic Grasp. Corruption doesn't either......I think Corruption might be passively applied by something, maybe Agony. Clearly Corruption is on the mob in this screenshot but he doesn't have the ability on his bar and I doubt he opened up his spellbook to click it.

Think he cast Soul Burn + Soul Swap at that point, which applied Corruption.

He dicks around in the Spellbook earlier in the video but stops one page before where Malefic Grasp would normally be on the alphabetical list and switches to the general tab. Maybe a bug preventing it from being added to the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Think he cast Soul Burn + Soul Swap at that point, which applied Corruption.

He dicks around in the Spellbook earlier in the video but stops one page before where Malefic Grasp would normally be on the alphabetical list and switches to the general tab. Maybe a bug preventing it from being added to the bar.
    Yep you are right, just went back and rewatched the video.

gotta be honest i think the new version of chaotic resources is worse than the previous one. they talk about button bloat but they give us a new ability/talent that we will have to put on our bar? i preferred the previous version because it gave us a different way to use our mechanics. this is just another ability. I'm just glad that its still early in development and it most likely will change.

yeah i don't think this dude actually had the time to set up bars at all, or he just doesn't know how to warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ugh, had to go back and search various places till I found it, but according to this post, by the guy that played in Versailles today he did about 1k to 5k damage, non crit with each hit. Meaning that the 3k damage mentioned in the Demo talent isn't all that much.

I'm still confused what the goal is with this. You get to stay in Meta if you spam ONLY this attack, is what I get from it. But with our other abilities still costing fury as well I'm trying to picture what that will do exactly. I mean, we'd still be hopping in and out of Meta for HoG, and there's Soulfire costing fury if we are in Meta, so I'm not sure how exactly this Demonbolt will be advantagous. I mean it should do more damage then ToC, otherwise what's the point. But we'll need to see hwo it works in practice with our fury spenders and how long we can stay in Meta.
    Wording implies you'll want to use this at 900+ Fury (takes 1/3 of your Fury, and restores "up to" 300). This isn't a perma Meta. It's basically a Fury dump with a built-in ... like, whatever talent or ability for (whoever of Paladins/Rogues/Monks can do this) banking extra resources beyond your capacity. Use it at 900 Fury, takes you down to 600 ... build back up to 1000 before trinks / Dark Soul ... and you effectively have 1300 Fury (spend from 1000 down to 50, you jump to 350).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Blood Horror nerfed to 1 min cd at 1:01-1:02 minutes in video. He moves his mouse over it pretty fast so it's easy to miss.

Man... Don't you feel excited? WTB beta.

P.S. And as a guildmate told me just now... After 10 years in the game closed beta went to a guy that does not know how to play. If you see the same guy trying to play the rogue you will understand :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Chaotic resources should be passive for demo imo, not another button.

Have you also noticed the numbers? It is not vanilla numbers but man... really low
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/RW2ubW5.jpg

cataclysm is still the same