Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Is Malefic Grasp now passive? If you watch the video when the Warlock chooses his specialization, he chooses Aff and all of the spec's abilities automatically go to his action bar except for Malefic Grasp. Corruption doesn't either......I think Corruption might be passively applied by something, maybe Agony. Clearly Corruption is on the mob in this screenshot but he doesn't have the ability on his bar and I doubt he opened up his spellbook to click it.
    Malefic grasp and drain soul could easily be combined to reduce necessary keybinds.
    But I can't see drain soul either in that ss, so I'm not sure what is happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    No way this is going live LOL.

Demon bolt seems awesome. Infinite meta with no damage reduction 0.o

What's Blizz up to with these OD powerful talents? I'm all for it, but nerfs suck. Would like to reduce the chance of heavy nerfs as much as possible.
    Doubt demon bolt will refund the full 300 DF if you don't have max when you use it

Also, with the damage reduction of FnB, the AOE chaos bolts may actually be balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ugh, had to go back and search various places till I found it, but according to this post, by the guy that played in Versailles today he did about 1k to 5k damage, non crit with each hit. Meaning that the 3k damage mentioned in the Demo talent isn't all that much.

I'm still confused what the goal is with this. You get to stay in Meta if you spam ONLY this attack, is what I get from it. But with our other abilities still costing fury as well I'm trying to picture what that will do exactly. I mean, we'd still be hopping in and out of Meta for HoG, and there's Soulfire costing fury if we are in Meta, so I'm not sure how exactly this Demonbolt will be advantagous. I mean it should do more damage then ToC, otherwise what's the point. But we'll need to see hwo it works in practice with our fury spenders and how long we can stay in Meta.
    As he was a prot warrior(against mobs, not some raidboss stacking millions of vengeance), the 3k would actually be really low. However the numbers could be placeholders.

As for 100% uptime of meta(if even possible)... stack mastery, mastery and more mastery, get 100% uptime on mastery buff, spam 1111111 like a good little arcane mage
    Last edited by zoomgpally; 2014-02-21 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Fixed engrish;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Doubt demon bolt will refund the full 300 DF if you don't have max when you use it
    Also, with the damage reduction of FnB, the AOE chaos bolts may actually be balanced.

AoE Chaos Bolt sounds OP as hell, but keep in mind it'll likely cost 2 embers and suffer the damage penalty of FnB, like you said. I think AoE Chaos Bolt is a kind of neat solution to the problem the original CR had in completely removing our AoE potential. It'd basically have to be a single target talent. This way it's not.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-02-21 at 09:51 AM.

Interesting what that's gonna mean for Destro aoe. I could see CR winding up being the go-to aoe talent.

I almost wonder if FnB CB could be just its own talent. Like maybe an aoe tier of talent choices ... Idunno.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    That lock behind the talent screen got some swag in him.He looks like he's posing or something hah.

Now to stick onto the subject.Demo Chaotic resources seems really nice to be honest!But I doubt AoE Chaos Bolts will go live.if that happens there will be a MASSIVE QQ wave from those not playing a warlock.

Deleted
    well, what you're forgetting, is that it is most likely going to cost 2 embers, meaning you will use twice the embers AND generate no embers in return like you do normallly, so the aoe chaos bolt would have to make up the fact that you will have to generate 2 embers single targetly and then use it again, and at worst that is going to be 5 incinerates to generate those 2 embers and with a pack of say 5 mobs, thats going to be 25 incinerates worth of dmg the aoe chaos bolt needs to do and that is talking about the normal FnB ones which isnt reduced by the 60% dmg reduction when you take the talent, so to me it makes sense that it will stay as is.

my biggest concern is the demonic servitude talent that allows us to permanently summon a doomguard/infernal. afaik the imp actually does more dps than our 10 min cd doom guard and if it is simply the same doom guard that you summon with the talent then it isnt really worth taking, so i atleast hope it is a buffed up version or it seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Is Malefic Grasp now passive?
    Isn't that just how the game works? Newly learned spells are added to action bars. Malefic Grasp replaces Shadow Bolt, so as you already know SB, it doesn't get placed on the bars.

Malefic grasp and drain soul could easily be combined to reduce necessary keybinds.
    But I can't see drain soul either in that ss, so I'm not sure what is happening.
    Keeping DS (and Shadow Burn) for the long run seems bad in the game, as they're pretty OP on any add spawning fight. With where Affli/Destro currently are in DPS rankings, it's likely that both DS and Shadow Burn are getting scrapped. (plus DS is actually to similar to Malefic Grasp anyways)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post

Keeping DS (and Shadow Burn) for the long run seems bad in the game, as they're pretty OP on any add spawning fight. With where Affli/Destro currently are in DPS rankings, it's likely that both DS and Shadow Burn are getting scrapped. (plus DS is actually to similar to Malefic Grasp anyways)
    except shadow burn is such a core spell of destro and destro's only execute spell, so it cant really be removed unless they add something different like making chaos bolt similar to molten core, where you can keep casting soul fires when the target is below 20% or simply making chaos bolt turn into shadow burn at 20% and do something similar to MG as well, baking those execute spells into the main "filler".

That would have been lame. For affli not even need to switch spells to get soulshards and destro the same? I know one would not need a phD to play any class, but dumbing down should have a limit. Besides, they said they might remove spells that were not keybound (were talking for the avereage players) and not some integral spell like SB or Drain Soul.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    idd, im more inclined to believe they will remove things like eye of kil'rogg and underwater breathing(whatever its called), i can honestly not see them remove spells like DS and SB.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, im more inclined to believe they will remove things like eye of kil'rogg and underwater breathing(whatever its called), i can honestly not see them remove spells like DS and SB.
    What's the point in removing those spells, most warlocks don't even have those skills on their bars let alone bound to a key.

idd, im more inclined to believe they will remove things like eye of kil'rogg and underwater breathing(whatever its called)
    These are the types of spells they'll most likely not remove. They're occasionally fun to use, and most people do not keybind them (or at least not put them on their main bars).

But if you have "Cast Spell A while target > Y %" and then "Replace A with B while target < Y%", then one of these spells is redundant. Shadow Burn and DS are just cause of major balancing issues on any add-spawn fight, while single-target they do not add anything. Wether you save ember for Chaos Bolts to use during procs or Shadow Burn during procs isn't really much of a difference.

Deleted
    bcoz its about the ability bloat, how many spells do you actually use when you dps or pvp? meaning abilities like those i mentioned isnt needed, and in a rare few instances abilities can be baked into each other. there wont be any changes to the core abilties.

Ugh, had to go back and search various places till I found it, but according to this post, by the guy that played in Versailles today he did about 1k to 5k damage, non crit with each hit. Meaning that the 3k damage mentioned in the Demo talent isn't all that much.

I'm still confused what the goal is with this. You get to stay in Meta if you spam ONLY this attack, is what I get from it. But with our other abilities still costing fury as well I'm trying to picture what that will do exactly. I mean, we'd still be hopping in and out of Meta for HoG, and there's Soulfire costing fury if we are in Meta, so I'm not sure how exactly this Demonbolt will be advantagous. I mean it should do more damage then ToC, otherwise what's the point. But we'll need to see hwo it works in practice with our fury spenders and how long we can stay in Meta.
    You do your normal rotation until the moment you go low on fury, Demon bolt consume 30% of your current fury ( so you can spam it if you want ) and refund 300 fury when you go under 50 fury. So you spam it under 100 fury if the effect stacks or 1 time at 75 fury and you go back to your normal rotation. That's how i see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post

But if you have "Cast Spell A while target > Y %" and then "Replace A with B while target < Y%", then one of these spells is redundant. Shadow Burn and DS are just cause of major balancing issues on any add-spawn fight, while single-target they do not add anything. Wether you save ember for Chaos Bolts to use during procs or Shadow Burn during procs isn't really much of a difference.
    think you've failed to comprehend the concept of an execute and that is what shadburn and DS is, they are afflic's and destro execute spells and those 2 abilities are spec specific, then they dont become redundant at all and on add spawn fights thats afflic's and destro's niche, they should do well on those fights and without those abilities for those type of fights, there would virtually be no need to even touch those specs bcoz the benefit of those specs would be gone, altho this is less true for afflic due to soul swap and afflic's execute is more about spamming haunts than spamming DS, and tbh, if you think they arent balanced around their executes and the shard/ember gains then you would be mistaking, simply bcoz its very straight forward how their shard/ember generation will be during thise stages of a fight but i do think its possible to remove DS if Haunt turned into something similar to how molten core works if they increased shard regen accordingly.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-02-21 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Corruption and shadowbolt are base spells (shadowbolt turns into malefic grasp), that's why they don't appear on the bar.

Also, there's some differences between MG and DS. MG can be used on the move with KJC, DS can't. Coupled with the fact that MG does dmg twice as often, it's harder to pull off DS when high movement is required (even without KJC).

When it comes to SB, it's the opposite: easy to use on the move, compared to chaos bolt.

http://i.imgur.com/tbeQcEv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DJbkJ8c.jpg

as seen in one of the videos on the front page
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2014-02-21 at 01:44 PM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Anyone else noticed that Drain Soul didn't show up in the specialization tab? (look at ~0:48)

It is also gone from the spellbook. Looks like we're getting rid of it. Not sure how i feel about that though...
    Last edited by Dragosh; 2014-02-21 at 03:01 PM.

I'm pretty sure they flat-out stated it'd basically be pointless to remove spells that people don't keybind (like Eye of Kil'rogg and Unending Breath, or whatever it's called) because those don't free up keybind space, just bar space, and it doesn't help anyone to free up bars but not keybinds.

Pretty sure they've posted about this, trying to find some links ... will update later if I find them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragosh View Post
    Anyone else noticed that Drain Soul didn't show up in the specialization tab? (look at ~0:48)

It is also gone from the spellbook. Looks like we're getting rid of it. Not sure how i feel about that though...
    That would make me a very sad panda ... Drain Soul as an execute is one of the reasons I loved Afflic so much. It's just so iconic ... literally ripping your soul away to kill you. What's more Warlock than that ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats not what it means at all. That means the base damage is 3k, not the total damage. These abilities will still scale from SP. 3k is a lot if you look at the "tooltips" for other abilities. Its not has much as cataclysm, but too my knowledge cataclysm appears to be one of the hardest hitting abilities currently in the game.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2014-02-21 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The most logical answer to me is that the damage of Demonbolt depends on how much demonic fury you sacrifice. The words "up to" seem rather important to me.
    If what I'm thinking is correct, it will do the full 100% of it's damage at 1000 fury and restore 300 fury where as it would only do 10% of it's damage at 100 fury and restore a mere 30 fury.