Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Shattering throw and disarm gone? What..? Well, guess i'll be rerolling

Hamstring in MS is gonna be really nice. Been wanting a baked in snare forever. However, it's also a slight nerf as smart druids will shift forms after hamstring is applied and unless we're spec'd into piercing, they'll just kite us forever.

Reposting from other thread and going to continue discussion here, as previous thread was long and mostly outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    Here's a video from the recent press event from the mega thread on the Warlords sub-forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCj_gFWAtZQ

The Warrior talent tree shown there has changed. Storm Bolt and Bladestorm have switched places. Take both Dragon Roar AND Bladestorm! Also, only Ravager is left from the original reveal of the level 100 talents. The other two now are Anger Management and Ignite Weapon. Don't know what they do though (other than Ignite Weapons ignites your weapon) since the guy didn't hover over tooltips.
    That is great news! I was watching this video as I saw your post heh. I'm glad they are re thinking the talents, though I kind of liked BlB (even made up a cool new abbreviation for it! ), I'm glad not to have it and Ravager overlapping. Very interested to see how the 2 new talents work out.

Anger Managment: Every 15 rage that you spend reduces cooldown of your readiness affected abilities by 1 second.

Ignite Weapon: Replaces heroic strike, 100% weapon damage (140% if SMF) off the gcd attack that is fire-based, and changes your autoattacks to do fire damage for 10 seconds after.

(Source: Frame by Frame screenshots courtesy of Jalopy)

Thoughts on Ignite Weapon: Fire damage means they ignore armor. This sounds awesome, but as it is weaker than HS originally, it effectively diminishes CS as it gains ZERO benefit from the Armor reduction. This means Ignite Weapon is better than HS outside of CS, but worse inside; so more or less a wash, but math wise it's looking pretty weak to players who play smart. Then again, there could be some future synergistic abilities we don't know about yet.
    Update: Fire damage shouldn't benefit from Fury's Mastery which is + Physical damage; that absolutely kills the talent. Could very well be changed easily so take with a grain of salt.

Edit:
    [9:26:47 PM] Archimtiros: Either ignite will get some kind of synergy or it'll get buffed
    [9:26:57 PM] Archimtiros: Fairly easy to sim though
    [9:27:03 PM] Collision: it is
    [9:27:11 PM] Collision: i can already tell you the results, it sucks balls
    [9:27:12 PM] Collision: :P
    Thoughts on Anger Management: Will be the way to go for the most part, especially early on before we stack more CDR (stat). At our current 12 Rage Per Second, the formula is:
    (base ability cooldown) / 1.8
    This means, before any CDR on gear:
    Storm Bolt: 30s -> 16.666s
    Bladestorm: 60s -> 33.333s
    Recklessness: 180s -> 100s

Obviously the actual amount of reduction will be based on how much rage you generate and spend but its rough math.

Ravager: Seems unchanged. Has a cast time, but that is likely for balancing so it can't be used as on demand AoE / PvP trap. Just makes you think about when to time and use it. I hate cast times with a passion but I think I can be ok with this.

Gladiator Stance: Is still here: Celestalon Tweets
    Ignite Weapon is for Arms/Fury and Gladiator Stance is still in that spot for Prot.

I remind everyone that this is still an early look, so don't start losing it over balancing. Balancing happens after they are "happy" with placement and rotations. And we still don't know what the "level up perk - core ability changes" that was teased at Blizzcon will be.
    Last edited by Archimtiros; 2014-02-21 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Fixing Math, updating new information

Celestalon just tweeted that Gladiator Stance still exists, and it's only for prot:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...48820911624192

That's a startling precedent to this new talent system. They went with this to make talent trees easier to manage, and now they are going back to making specific talents appear for specific specs.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2014-02-21 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I called fire damage a long time ago for warriors, always said it needed to happen one day as more and more classes are getting armor ignoring magic damage and we're stuck with just physical. Fire is the best idea for warriors because it just fits with the their theme (burning anger glyph, blazing trail) and no melee uses fire besides enhance shaman and it's not much.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager View Post
    Hamstring as a passive.
    Recklessness + Skull Banner merged? Made DPS only. They talked about doing this in a blue post, a year ago.
    Raid CDs split off: Rallying for Arms/Fury / Maybe Demo Banner for Prot?
    Thunder Clap removed for Fury / Whirlwind removed for Arms.

Removed: Shattering Throw, Cleave, Disarm, Demoralizing Banner, Sunder Armor, Throw
    *Anything removed might just be Prot only.

Taste for Blood / OP missing
    I won't miss a single one of those. I don't like having to use banners though.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    So... 10 sec uptime and 1,5 sec cooldown, and replaces Heroic Strike. Deals a lot of damage, but rage dump function is gone.

And it's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    And it's magic.
    It's not magic it's science.

Ok we just swing are weapons so fast they catch fire

Ok ok it's elemental damage we shamans now

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the banners, but I didn't like the fact that you had to place them (except for skull banner, iirc, wasn't playing my warrior for quite some time now). so they cleaned this up. if they make the banners now just appear on your back (like the guild vendor pet with a banner with your guild's logo), then it would be just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    if they make the banners now just appear on your back (like the guild vendor pet with a banner with your guild's logo), then it would be just perfect.
    I always thought the idea of a sort of reverse trap launcher for Warriors would be nice with Skull Banner. Toggle ability that allows you to carry your banner as a Battle Standard when on, or place it on the ground when turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by VerasGunn View Post
    I always thought the idea of a sort of reverse trap launcher for Warriors would be nice with Skull Banner. Toggle ability that allows you to carry your banner as a Battle Standard when on, or place it on the ground when turned off.
    That would mess up more than it would help though. Remember that banners are first and foremost a raid cooldown. We would have no choice but to always use that talent.

I love the idea from a aesthetic standpoint though! Or if the benefit was self only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    It's not magic it's science.

Ok we just swing are weapons so fast they catch fire

Ok ok it's elemental damage we shamans now
    That is win, you need to make this your sig.

Whirlwind and cleave gone? Any idea on Warrior AoE rotation?

Anger Management:
    At our current 12 Rage Per Second, the formula is:
    (base ability cooldown) / 1.8
    Storm Bolt: 30s -> 16.66s
    Bladestorm: 60s -> 33.33s

This will likely get tuned, and seems OP. Remember this is based on current (roughly) 12 Rage per Second; and is subject to variations depending on rage income/spent, and any changes to that come WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Whirlwind and cleave gone? Any idea on Warrior AoE rotation?
    Cleave hasn't been used in years. Whirlwind is only gone for Arms, because it was effectively useless. Guarantee you it will stay for Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Anger Management:
    At our current 12 Rage Per Second, the formula is:

Storm Bolt: 30s -> 16.66s
    Bladestorm: 60s -> 33.33s
    That seems like Anger Management combined with Readiness gear will be very powerful and make Anger Management the go-to choice for everyone. Doesn't seem like something Blizzard would want.

Deleted
    Storm bolt got its damage nerfed to 360% aswell I rip'd the vid and slowed it down and saw him briefly hover over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    That seems like Anger Management combined with Readiness gear will be very powerful and make Anger Management the go-to choice for everyone. Doesn't seem like something Blizzard would want.
    Readiness actually loses some value when abilities get reduced below certain amounts. Example would be Storm Bolt. Reduce less than 20 seconds and its pretty useless until you get to ~10s or less.
    At 20s we can use it every CS. Even at 11s; it will start pushing out of CS with repeated uses. We'd end up delaying it to fit into CS, which in turn makes the reduction less useful.

Similar for Bladestorm; if there aren't adds often enough, the extra reduction doesn't really help you. Sure you can use it for Single Target, but does that slight increase in DPS actually make up for the other stat you could have? Possibly not.
    If adds come out every 40 seconds, then a 30 second Bladestorm really doesn't do you any good at all (compared to 40s), as you would have to delay it regardless.

Now the benefits of other abilities (Recklessness) could very well make up for this; but something to keep in mind.
    AM definitely seems the way to go; mathing out Ignite Weapon, it doesn't seem very good atm. And Ravager ofc will be a situational AoE ability.

fire damage. gross. wouldn't benefit from fury mastery, making it super garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Kai View Post
    Storm bolt got its damage nerfed to 360% aswell I rip'd the vid and slowed it down and saw him briefly hover over it.
    Well I guess these aren't the final numbers but the 90% on not stun immune enemies are actually pretty funny. And I thought bt was like throwing fluffy pillows.
    Enraged regeneration was also brought down to 5%/10% while enraged.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I guess these aren't the final numbers but the 90% on not stun immune enemies are actually pretty funny. And I thought bt was like throwing fluffy pillows.
    Enraged regeneration was also brought down to 5%/10% while enraged.
    That is pretty poopy. Way to screw with our Storm Bolt! D:

The Fire damage - Mastery is something that we hadn't even considered. Props to Anuibus for pointing that out! Definitely makes the talent pretty garbage without some other, as of yet unknown, changes.

Deleted
    If they made the fire damage % of the auto hit damage I believe it would make certain secondary stats more tastier, One can only hope