Deleted

Is it still better to go Arms for cleave fights... ?

I know Fury pretty much through and through. Arms not so much just basic rotation and thats about it, very basic. Is it still better to go Arms although you arent fully aware what you are doing than Fury for cleave fights such as protectors?

Arms is very simple, so if you don't know what your doing, you can become proficient very quickly; also there is a pretty handy guide stickied above! *hint*hint*

As for your question, it all depends. If you have no problem killing the fight, it really doesn't matter. Play whatever you feel. If you are having issues with the fight (that relate to AoE), then yeah.

For Protectors, single target damage honestly matters more than AoE, since, if you are having trouble with the fight, it's more than likely related to controlling the bosses abilities and surviving, not pushing damage.

For Galakras, sure it's mostly AoE. You could argue Single Target on the right targets would be just as effective, or you could go into Towers and do more ST there, whatever, doesn't particularly matter in my opinion. But if the groups DPS is low you are prob best served staying downstairs and dealing more Cleave damage.

Same for Spoils, though that really depends on how your tanks pull and position the mobs.

So really, Arms will only be better for a couple fights, and then only if you are competent and your raid supports its positional requirements.

I think the only cleave fight where going arms made a noticeable difference was spoils when we progressed. Like Archimtiros already said, Protectors allow for quite a bit of cleaving but it's usually the single target damage which solves problems. Galakras on the other hand depends on what your group has available.

For spoils: I think I was 100k DPS ahead of the second guy on my side (to be fair.... they were usually doing sparks and running around while the tank made sure to keep enough targets alive for me to cleave and he even created a weakaura for my bladestorm cooldown so he could open multiple boxes whenever it was comming off cooldown). If your tank won't bother opening the right amount of boxes, Arms will suffer once again and fury will become stronger.
    I think the biggest advantage for arms on this fight is that you can solo (10man) the statues which are spawned by the big adds (mogu side) without having to do much besides activating SS or using TC once if you missed it.
    [why can't you rank as tank AND as dps in WoL? just noticed that my arms ranking is gone...]

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    [why can't you rank as tank AND as dps in WoL? just noticed that my arms ranking is gone...]
    You should be able to? Weird, but this link should help fix the problem.

I am trying to make my guild switch for quite some time now but they are lazy and don't want to learn new things. I am just playing around with it from time to time to understand it better.

Is there a better guide than this out there to show my guild what this site is capable of?
    It really doesn't matter this content anymore but if WoL keeps slacking, i hope my guild will finally understand they should switch next addon and it would be better if they already know the site before switching when it matters. I don't want to do everything for them :P

I meant to write a guide for it... but I got tired after writing a guide on how to start logging with it.

I suggest you just start logging yourself, and show them the results first hand. WCL looks pretty complicated off the bat, but once you play with it for about 10 minutes you learn its pretty useful. That's how I did it and now half the guild is on board, we still log both websites but I am slowly bringing more online.

It's especially useful on anything with adds, since it numbers individual adds, you can easily see who exactly beat up the add that got killed, etc.

Also this is an awesome feature, press play at the bottom.