Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mark these words!

The new character models are sweet and awesome, until you realize every one in the ENTIRE game (same race as you) looks just like you!
    Even probably the npc's will look just like you.

Blizz bragging they will put effort in making the new models and keeping the feel of your individual character = lol @ same framework for all textures (faces) = Clone baby's running rampart in Azeroth!

I belive this will become a real problem, the community will cause havoc about this one about the time they realize everyone is a clone of eachother and....
    ....it will cost us a couple of raid tiers, maybe even an Expansion pack this time!

GG Blizz, models will fail again and the community will pay for your mistakes!

Funny thing is, I knew this exact thing would happen. I main a pandaren female, told me guild that the update would mean lots of same face for races without beards. I've given ample reason why they can't change what they have, and the only counter points anyone can offer is "nuh uh".

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_04.jpg

Maybe theres a thread on this already, or its been mentioned, but this here, unless its just its current form and will be changed, highlights a fear I've had with WoD.

Every face for the orc here is identical. There is no change to the characteristic of the orcs face in this, and, having played characters who all have there own unique faces for near to 10 years, unless this is just a temporary thing and they do introduce new faces that actually look different over time, I can't tell you how much it will piss me off to see all characters with exactly the same face.

This is one of the hangups I had with pandaren, they all look identical, just different fur markings but its the same character every time.
    The thing here is that now that the faces have a large level of fidelity, it's harder to get away with just re-skinning the faces to make them appear different.

You'll notice that (with a few exceptions by race) all the races have exactly the same mesh for all the face options today, and the only difference on the face options is textural.

The exceptions being male undead(jaw/no jaw) and goblin (ears and chin)

It'd be very nice if they put a bit more detail into the orc faces to make them a bit different, specifically around the mouth, but overall, i'm pretty happy with the new faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post

Dunno if someone has already made an image, don't really want to read all 14 pages, but here ya go.

While they are subtle, there are differences.
    Subtle, indeed. Perhaps too subtle, from the looks of the reactions in here. Like I said before, I think they need to make those features you just highlighted sharper and much more noticeable on the actual face somehow. The fact that you had to go as far as you did kinda proves it, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The differences are too subtle, if you have to really look closely to see the differences then that's just too subtle. Different faces should be noticeable without having to second glance it. Bosses and Lore NPCs will only truly be the unique ones at this point.

Maybe theres a thread on this already, or its been mentioned, but this here, unless its just its current form and will be changed, highlights a fear I've had with WoD.

Every face for the orc here is identical. There is no change to the characteristic of the orcs face in this, and, having played characters who all have there own unique faces for near to 10 years, unless this is just a temporary thing and they do introduce new faces that actually look different over time, I can't tell you how much it will piss me off to see all characters with exactly the same face.

This is one of the hangups I had with pandaren, they all look identical, just different fur markings but its the same character every time.
    Now when ilook at the image they all do look relatively the same however i see the 9 on the left does that mean your viewing the 9th out of X option or on the 9th page of options etc etc it seems like there is definately more options than those and your assumptions are based around the options in the screenshot being the only ones availible when there is evidence there to also indicate there is many more options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    Subtle, indeed. Perhaps too subtle, from the looks of the reactions in here. Like I said before, I think they need to make those features you just highlighted sharper and much more noticeable on the actual face somehow. The fact that you had to go as far as you did kinda proves it, in my opinion.
    Agreed. Kudos to Senya for doing the work, but without that extremely well done highlighting, I literally could not notice any difference. Characters need to look noticeably different, and not just in extras like hair and earrings.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Now when ilook at the image they all do look relatively the same however i see the 9 on the left does that mean your viewing the 9th out of X option or on the 9th page of options etc etc it seems like there is definately more options than those and your assumptions are based around the options in the screenshot being the only ones availible when there is evidence there to also indicate there is many more options.
    What evidence might that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    What evidence might that be?
    the fact that the screen shot only shows 5 out of an unknown amount of options as i stated in my original comment

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the fact that the screen shot only shows 5 out of an unknown amount of options as i stated in my original comment
    That's not evidence. That's hope. Weak hope at that.

"We are being shown about half the face options. They all look the same"

"Well obviously the others aren't. I mean, how could they all be the same?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    If you look at one of the earlier videos where the korean guy plays a warlock, that orc has circles around his eyes. The image floating around has maybe half the faces on it.

Quoting for great justice, and again, if you assume they're translating every face as much as they can into a new face, there are more than those shown. what we're not seeing is their eyeholes, irises etc. But snarl aside, this is what wow face differentiation looks like.

I'm going to reiterate what I've said; Blizz need to vary the nose shapes as live models have different nose shapes too.

Blizzard stated in an interview a while ago after blizzcon that they would try to incorporate an option where people can opt in or out of old/new char models so if your a huge lore/RP person than just do that

10+ Year Old Account
    lets hope thing will be fixed
    i would really like to see a good amount of facial hair/hair styles / and expressions

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_04.jpg

There are a few reasons why all faces are "Copy Paste".

1: The game isn't out yet, why should they show all the goodies in a press release when they can just release it all with the game?
    2: Closed beta hasnt started, the game is still in semi-early stages.
    3: The faces might not be finished, id go for an explanation like (The faces takes less time hence they remake all models and then focus on aesthetics.
    4: Orcs are actually clones of the same one being, but we all wore masks till now.

Deleted
    we can se here its new gyrometrics not only just new skin

The denial in this thread is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm...not entirely certain what you're point is.

The old faces looked that way because they couldn't properly be animated. These faces are. Most people don't walk around with their lips curled up showing their gums and teeth 100% of the time, it would dry your mouth out.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    The face has actual geometry now, as opposed to a shittily textured nose and barred teeth. I will gladly take less apparent differences at first glance for better animation. You're also making judgements based of pre-beta models.
    Blizzard says they may not even have time to finish all races for release
    The model they say they are trying to make the new faces live up to, suffers extreme same face
    The face is the most difficult part to animate
    They won't add features that aren't on the old model faces (so, like, no scars on Orc faces)

Despite this, they are totally going to change this, despite it being pretty much what they said.

The denial is strong in this one.

Deleted
    Proof the new models have many frames!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No they're not. If you look at the cheek bones and the forehead wrinkles, they're pretty different. Targetted one and the one below it have very defined obvious cheekbones, whereas the other one at the bottom, barely shows cheekbones at all.
    QFT

There are very obvious differences in each face, Ears different, wrinkles above the lip, Wrinkles on the forehead, shape of the chin.

I see the differences just fine.