Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, with the exception of the Forsaken, the original races were only one head mesh, differentiating only on hair and misc meshes (earrings, beards, horns, etc) and face textures.

Good god, are you really that dumb to look at an alpha build (which is not even beta), and conclude it's a finished product!?
    Don't feed it
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    still, ddnt u think that all these new orcs look the same? they need to add more snarl to them i guess, age, not only thru wrinkles :/ i know it will hardly happen, but a troll can dream right?
    Hah, well orc players mostly use like 2 or 3 faces, you differentiate yourself with facial hair, skin color and hair color mostly :P Trolls are lucky, you've got all that crazy face paint coming, and the tusks!

Keep making noise about this or they will Pandaren all of us.

well incase you didnt know WoD isnt even out yet so theres more than likely only going to be one face for now

Deleted
    Orcs are a terrible example on facial differences anyway. It's best to wait until we see a more facially varied race (Humans) and even then it's best to see it as a finished product.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't even in beta yet. At least wait untill it's in beta before giving it slight criticism :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Hah, well orc players mostly use like 2 or 3 faces, you differentiate yourself with facial hair, skin color and hair color mostly :P Trolls are lucky, you've got all that crazy face paint coming, and the tusks!
    i see what you mean, but now orcs might only have 1 face im afraid that the selection of orc facial hair wont make that visual difference (dwarfs have that section covered tho ). also, current orcs have several options with black circles around their eyes, so far i havent seen the equivalent :/

when i think about it, trolls have the sameface effect even now, i wouldnt worry about them tho - tusks, crazy haricut and crazy facepaint should have that covered

Why don't people understand "Beta" and "Work in Progress".

NONE of the models have been announced as complete, they have been announced as "good enough to preview".

Just wait ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. By the looks of the face comparisons earlier in the thread, the only thing really setting the old faces apart from each other is a different type of (Or lack of) snarl. This is an issue since perma-snarls aren't possible at the moment with the new models, due to them having actual expressions via animations.

Apparently, they're working on a system that's "too complicated to explain on twitter" to add better variation, but with the current system they have in the press demo all they can do is make the wrinkles/brow and such features more pronounced and sharp and less shaded for the different features to really pop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Good god, are you really that dumb to look at an alpha build (which is not even beta), and conclude it's a finished product!?
    The art director said directly in a tweet that what we're seeing isn't close to finished - just mostly-done for the sake of havig something to show and get feedback on for evaluation and adjustments.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    Hmm. By the looks of the face comparisons earlier in the thread, the only thing really setting the old faces apart from each other is a different type of (Or lack of) snarl. This is an issue since perma-snarls aren't possible at the moment with the new models, due to them having actual expressions via animations.

Apparently, they're working on a system that's "too complicated to explain on twitter" to add better variation, but with the current system they have in the press demo all they can do is make the wrinkles/brow and such features more pronounced and sharp and less shaded for the different features to really pop out.
    Yeah one of the things I asked myself is, how are animations going to work with that. Like there are now Gnome faces that permanently smile and show teeth. That would just look weird with the new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    The art director said directly in a tweet that what we're seeing isn't close to finished - just mostly-done for the sake of havig something to show and get feedback on for evaluation and adjustments.
    That tweet was directed towards the artcraft screenshots. I haven't seen him make any comment regarding the playable alpha.

part of the problem is that with the introduction of facial animations all of the mouths are closed and look the same. Before they were very distinctive. Even as such, the noses and eyes all look pretty similar too. There's only very subtle differences in lighting and shape currently

Dunno if someone has already made an image, don't really want to read all 14 pages, but here ya go.

While they are subtle, there are differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know why people keep passing around that one damn image. ive seen other videos with lots of different faces
    the faces can change more based on what the character is doing, instead of being stuck in eternal faces. They have said it is an issue that they cant freeze faces just yet. Since more detail means like, it kinda has to all start at the same ground 0

But they are trying
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    For all those that are QQ'ing and can't see the details or just want to rant about Blizzard putting the same faces on every character:

For the love of God, please stop this QQ'ing and just wait till the RELEASE (what they consider) A FULL PRODUCT.
    Seems like same face getting older nothing more, to me. I cant see different faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Few things to say here:

1. The Orc is DK. DKs completely negate any difference around the eyes, so we can't even tell if anything is done there.
    2. They aren't identicle. Look at the eyebrow and forehead particularly. Some small differences in the chin too.
    3. It is early alpha. They haven't finished a single race yet as far as we're aware.

This is the best answer. There is also a good chance they haven't finished all of the faces yet, therefore they haven't released them. I wouldn't get worried honestly, beta hasn't even begun yet. We have no clue how far along they are with the races.

I would be incredibly disappointed if they took out the different faces, but I can't see that happening honestly.

I'm getting a little tired of seeing people using 'beta' as an excuse to stifle any and all criticism and constructive feedback. This is the precisely the best time to offer feedback as the next expansion is still being developed. Waiting until the expansion launches will simple cause even more issues as it'll be a little too late to make any major changes very easily by that point in time.

I echo what a lot of other people within this thread have pointed out in that the difference in facial features is incredibly minor. For all the flaws the older models have they at least look a lot more distinct than what has been revealed to be the case in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sorry but ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? You Actually think you see a difference in these faces, that they actually compare to the old faces side by side??!!

You must be a comedian, because this has to be a joke.
    The reason they're the same is quite obvious...

The old orcs had the same face models. Every single one. But they were basically a blank muppet, and blizzard could draw on the nose, eyes, teeth, lips, and so forth almost wherever they pleased.

The new facial models don't allow them to just "stick the eyes anywhere" or "make the lips up higher" because the eyes and lips actually have three dimensional parts that are rooted in the facial structure and have corresponding animations.

In order to adequately change the faces for each race, they'd have to manually make each face have a default expression and tinker with the actual facial geometry. And if you want to make sure they do that, well, shoot them a tweet or something. Complaining on MMO champion probably wont get you much of anywhere.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

while that is a valid concern given what we got with the pandaren and these images, it's not even the fucking beta man. I hope they make each face distinguishable from the next, but give it some damn time, if by release these are what they go with feel free to hurl shit.